What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not really a pet peeve, but today this happened. I get am IM from a friend asking if I can give him 50L. I ask him why he needs it, and he tells me he is at a strip club and wants to tip one of the dancers.

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Not really a pet peeve, but today this happened. I get am IM from a friend asking if I can give him 50L. I ask him why he needs it, and he tells me he is at a strip club and wants to tip one of the dancers.

In my book, he would no longer qualify as "a friend".

• Like 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

In my book, he would no longer qualify as "a friend".

Oh I don't know I think next time I am on a dance pole I am going to ask him to hit up his other friends for money to tip me with.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

So really he's asking you to tip the dancers 😒

4 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

So really he's asking you to tip the dancers 😒

I told him to TP me there, but RL came up and I had to leave before I decided whether to tip anyone, but to be sure I would have made sure she knew who deserved the credit.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 3:29 AM, AdminGirl said:

A new peeve of mine are those (usually forum noobs) who start a thread here on the forum but never bother to come back to respond or acknowledge other people's replies.

That's usually 90% of the noob postings. I probably made that number up, but it feels right.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

That's usually 90% of the noob postings. I probably made that number up, but it feels right.

Lol that seems about right. I don't get why they post at all if they don't come back to read responses. Maybe it's their form of verbal (written) diarrhea.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2020 at 8:29 AM, AdminGirl said:

A new peeve of mine are those (usually forum noobs) who start a thread here on the forum but never bother to come back to respond or acknowledge other people's replies.

In the other place I go to, that's often the sign of a common standard wind-em-up-and-watch-em-go troll. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2020 at 2:29 AM, AdminGirl said:

Being mildly charitable, I assume that a lot of those phantom newbies really don't understand how the forums work. They figure that they have asked a question and will get a personal reply by DM.  So they wait ..... and get ticked because we never reply that way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Being mildly charitable, I assume that a lot of those phantom newbies really don't understand how the forums work. They figure that they have asked a question and will get a personal reply by DM.  So they wait ..... and get ticked because we never reply that way.

Or they come back and see the replies and take what they want from them and feel no need to respond back. Such as with a thank you that some people feel they are entitled to..

Just  because you gave advice doesn't mean someone has to reply back or thank you for it. They don't owe anyone that ever. 

Not  every question or statement needs a discussion or debate about what was said or why.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:29 AM, AdminGirl said:

For me, it's the ones that continually start threads about themselves.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:29 AM, AdminGirl said:

I find examples, such as the one who asked how to abandone a Linden Home from android, even worse than the no-reply noobs. Snotty and not even the decency to write a proper sentence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

People who are capable of successfully casting their victims into some funky light as the apparent perpetrators. What could be darker than a creature that circulates through society like a serial killer exploiting the very fabric of community like nothing matters at all but their objective and will to power over others with total impunity.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

What could be darker than a creature that circulates through society like a serial killer exploiting the very fabric of community like nothing matters at all but their objective and will to power over others with total impunity.

Dominic Cummings?

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

People who are capable of successfully casting their victims into some funky light as the apparent perpetrators. What could be darker than a creature that circulates through society like a serial killer exploiting the very fabric of community like nothing matters at all but their objective and will to power over others with total impunity.

That is classic Gaslighting behaviour. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting. When  it happens in RL, it's very dark indeed.  I know at least one person whose life has been pretty much ruined by it. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

That is classic Gaslighting behaviour. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting. When  it happens in RL, it's very dark indeed.  I know at least one person whose life has been pretty much ruined by it. 

Yeah. 😩 That's a real thing that does get perpetuated. Imagine if you will someone who understands trauma, understands PTSD, and then rather than using that understanding and recognition to help members of their community heal, instead uses it to try and control them, keeping their wounds, wounds they themselves don't understand they have, open and festering for years on end, ensuring they cannot heal and progress in life, instead withering and pinned down by such malice. Imagine that. Now, put them in charge of a community of vulnerable people and elevate the deranged irony to the high heavens for ten, no make it eleven, years before they just openly go for total destruction of another human being to try and wipe the field clear of their mistakes. What would you call that? Is there a word sufficient?

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

More than one.. and it's just as hurtful here as in just  rl.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.