How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I did just donate blood, though, something I feel very strongly and passionately that all people who are able to donate should do.

I tried it, but I just got so tired of all the questions. Like, "whose blood is this?!".

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I think today is a good day 🤞

I did an online sitting pilates class first thing and it made me feel good.   I wandered out on the deck (bit cold, well a lot cold but sunny)  and saw all my crocuses flowering.  Spring is coming.  That makes me feel good.  Just wish it was a bit warmer so I could enjoy it.  

Finally they rang about my motorbility car.  I have been waiting for 6 months for this car to be built and delivered and was losing hope.  I can pick it up next Monday.  Hopefully that all goes smoothly because I don't think I could cope with any more delays with it.   Anyway for me, a good day  Feeling a bit more positive.  

[insert hug reaction here] to everyone

• Like 9

Yesterday was  .... interesting.

We were without internet or cable most of the evening.  We had to do things like read a physical book and have conversations.  It was like the dark ages ... (yes, I am being sarcastic)

We also had a 3.4 earthquake centered very near my house.  It freaked me right the $%#@ out.  We don't get quakes here. Well, maybe one every few years and always in the low 2.x magnitude.  Nothing like the house shaking BOOM we had last night.

Anyway, today is better so far.  I slept late and am on my 2nd pot of coffee.

• Like 9

I really don't know how I'm feeling. Mainly ok, I guess, even though life is throwing so many curve balls. About a year and a half ago, my father went in for lung surgery. He's had rheumatoid arthritis for the last 35-40 years, and it's started attacking his lungs, resulting in interstitial lung disease. He has a persistent, aggravating cough that nothing could touch. He'd cough so hard and long he wasn't able to keep food down and he lost an alarming amount of weight. So the surgery itself was "successful", but the cough remained, and he still has the entrance wound that needs re-packing every day by Home Care. He's also prone to constant infections, and because RA is an auto-immune disease, he can't take most RA meds, as they're immuno suppressants. He was rushed to the hospital this morning after the Home Care nurse saw something that concerned her. So after 4 or so hours in the ER, his thoracic surgeon looks at the pics of the wound and says he's not concerned, and discharges him. Dad was alert, as pain-free as he ever is, and joking with everyone, so he's home resting. My mother is not coping well with all this, my youngest daughter has the flu, and next week i'm due for an abdominal ultrasound to see why I look like I'm carrying a full-term pregnancy. (No, not pregnant, at 50 that would absolutely be the last straw.) The stupid thing is, I'm actually hoping it's a benign tumour, as that would be ideal. But with my luck, it'll just be fat, and they'll tell me the only way to lose it is diet and exercise. I joined a gym last July, and have been pretty good about going, but it's made no difference to my weight, or my gut.

• Sad 7

Totally pi$$ed.
Lost my main workstation @ work, 😑 but only for tuesdays. (my tuesday today - 9hrs of work to get through).
I set it up with no help from I.T, senior management, teachers  etc.
Dual screen, requested a USB3 port, set up a custom folder structure rah rah rah.
But thats ok.
Seeing as how I'm the only one who has bothered to do all my work in a purely digital format.
I can work from home on my thermo nuclear SL-y graphics, 3d workstation. 
So I spat the dummy and came home until later this afternoon.
So yeah -> 😋
Now whats for lunch😏 - lol

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

We also had a 3.4 earthquake centered very near my house.  It freaked me right the $%#@ out.  We don't get quakes here. Well, maybe one every few years and always in the low 2.x magnitude.  Nothing like the house shaking BOOM we had last night.

When that happens, scream "What the frack?!"

Soon it'll be second nature.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I'm on my break in this moment on my new department and I don't hate it totally. But I don't think I will be able to log in to SL more than two days a week. Not that I have any thing to do in or see somebody. So it's not a great loss. 

Ps: this is not something to be sad about it 'it's just life going on. 

Edited by Zzevir
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

I am still having mini breakdowns when I think about what has happened and tear up.  I have moments where I have to listen to all our songs  and cry but weirdly it helps.  I have to get myself together and clear the region before the end of the month to let that go.  Doing that to our OS region was hard enough.  On a positive note, my SL sisters, myself and a close friend are all going to combine our premium allowance and buy a big mainland plot when we find the right one.  

There is good and bad stuff coming in the next week.  Sunday would have been Ki's 11th rez day and the day we met.  Even thinking about that makes me incredibly sad.

Monday I can finally pick up my new car from Motorbility which was ordered 6 months ago and finally arrived at the dealership from Sweden yesterday.   The car I chose is usually a van so apparently the factory stop the run of vans to build a car version every 3 months and apparently my timing was out so I had to wait. (of course nobody told me of this at the time)  I am just excited we can all travel up to Uni with a mum's rescue package  of food and stuff (which he doesn't need but its in the job description)

Tuesday and Wednesday my new windows and door are being fitted and Thursday my front living room will be starting it first redecorate in 10 years.  I have even started myself a pinterest mood board with ideas for the scheme.  White with rose gold/champagne accents.  That sounds good on paper.  I normally run away from pink but the idea is for fresh bright and subtle hints.

Also next week my next door neighbours are starting a huge extension build across the back of the house.  If they DARE get a spot of cement dust near my new car....   

Reading all that back I guess mostly things are feeling a bit more positive today. 

• Like 10

I wasn't expecting to wake up this morning to hear that Nashville got slammed by tornadoes. My brother and sister-in-law live in one of the hardest hit areas so there was some panic among family this morning until we realized that they're in Las Vegas. They've checked in with us now and have heard from their pet-sitter that their house, and more importantly, their pets, are fine. 

Being the stupid news junkie I am, I'm glued to the news, though, and seeing the devastation is heart-breaking. 

• Sad 7

I'm having one of *those* days. The pain levels are up and I'm fighting the urge to take one of my pain pills because I get so few tablets per month that I feel like I have to tough out the pain until I'm near death. This, of course, is better than the many years I could not get anything prescribed for the pain (anything that would work), and just had to take massive doses of OTC things like ibuprofen (yeah, docs, no health risks in that!). Sigh. Just kind of off today. Feeling "small"... I don't know how else to describe it. Not young, not childish "small" just... I dunno... vulnerable small? I'm freaking out also because I am moving apartments in nine (NINE!) days and I'm so not ready. Craptastic. I feel craptastic. (My avatar almost always reflects how I feel and today she's all gothy and has her kitten headband on... dark and small. :) )

• Sad 9

On 3/2/2020 at 12:17 PM, Pamela Galli said:

Every act of kindness I see makes me cry now. With the world quickly devolving into an increasingly dangerous @#$& show it makes me more grateful for simple kindness. If anything can save us, it’s kindness. 

Gah, me too! Seeing kindness in action to and by others :::sniffle cry:::  omg, little kindnesses done to me  :::ugly happy crying eyes out::::

Please don't let this be a positive thing from the @#$&show that is Trump, that it gives us new appreciation for kindness? Couldn't we have learned this another, easier, less orange, way?

• Like 6

On 3/2/2020 at 9:17 AM, Beth Macbain said:

neglected to take my happy pills over the weekend. I never intentionally skip, but on Saturdays and Sundays my routine is off and I always think, "oh, I'll go take them in a minute" and somehow never do, so I'm paying the price for that today as well (see: short-tempered). 

I do that too, my weekends are so different from my weekday routine and I am always a little late taking my meds.  Sometimes I don't get to them until Monday and then I really pay for it.

I finally caved and bought some extra tier so I could play Game of Homes in Bellisseria.  I got a nice houseboat decorated it completely and then got bored and gave it up and tried for a Victorian.

Spent way to much time playing and almost didn't get my work done, then stay up too late last night playing some more after I got the Vic.  Today I feel cranky and I haven't allowed myself to even peek at the forums until now that I am on my lunch break.

200228 houseboat_004

The Vic is a bigger challenge to decorate.... so many more rooms and a yard too. I hope it will keep me busy until they release the log cabins.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Gah, me too! Seeing kindness in action to and by others :::sniffle cry:::  omg, little kindnesses done to me  :::ugly happy crying eyes out::::

Please don't let this be a positive thing from the @#$&show that is Trump, that it gives us new appreciation for kindness? Couldn't we have learned this another, easier, less orange, way?

I take my silver linings where I can get them. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I take my silver linings where I can get them. 

Just had an example... I was inworld and noticed a friend online. I needed some "manly" advice. In a short chat he gave me what I needed to hear. And, yep, for no real good reason, I'm crying because... he was simply nice. Oy.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

We don't have to give that horrible man any credit for anything good. Certainly not for making the world a kinder place.  I wish I could cry.  I haven't cried in years.  I think there something about the Effexor that keeps me from crying, although my sister is on it and she cries all the time!

• Like 4

I'm feeling super touchy today about my age. Or the age of anyone over what is deemed young by... young people? I don't even know what that age is. What is the line between being a young person and an old person? 

I never gave much thought to it when I was growing up because I've always really liked older people and thought they rocked. I never looked down on the uncool 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 year olds I knew. 

One of the reasons my recent stalker/hater hated me was because of my age. I'm reading little snips from others here on the forums about the young kids wanting things that are "cool" and somehow better(?) than the things people around my age want in SL, and seeming to think those should take precedence over those of us who are more mature. 

You know what age I think is old? Knowing the people I do, my parents and how their aging progressed, etc., etc.? 80. Up until then, you're just an adult. After 80, you're elderly. 

And now I'm thinking of Jane Fonda and realizing that 80 may be too young as well. 

I. Am. Not. Old. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

the many years I could not get anything prescribed for the pain (anything that would work), and just had to take massive doses of OTC things like ibuprofen (yeah, docs, no health risks in that!). Sigh. 

I take my ibuprofen 6 at a time now and for headache days, I typically only wait a couple of hours before taking more if the first batch is not putting a dent in things.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm feeling super touchy today about my age. Or the age of anyone over what is deemed young by... young people? I don't even know what that age is. What is the line between being a young person and an old person? 

I never gave much thought to it when I was growing up because I've always really liked older people and thought they rocked. I never looked down on the uncool 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 year olds I knew. 

One of the reasons my recent stalker/hater hated me was because of my age. I'm reading little snips from others here on the forums about the young kids wanting things that are "cool" and somehow better(?) than the things people around my age want in SL, and seeming to think those should take precedence over those of us who are more mature. 

You know what age I think is old? Knowing the people I do, my parents and how their aging progressed, etc., etc.? 80. Up until then, you're just an adult. After 80, you're elderly. 

And now I'm thinking of Jane Fonda and realizing that 80 may be too young as well. 

I. Am. Not. Old. 

You're not.  I turn 50 in less than a month and I'm not old either.

I don't understand the penchant some folks have for disliking those of a different age group, be it folks who are older or younger.  Ultimately, we're all just people.  We were either young once, or (if we're lucky), we'll be old someday too.

-----------------------------

On another note, I'm incredibly cranky today.  I may go home, haul a chair out to the driveway, and yell at folks to get off my lawn.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'm having one of *those* days. The pain levels are up and I'm fighting the urge to take one of my pain pills because I get so few tablets per month that I feel like I have to tough out the pain until I'm near death. This, of course, is better than the many years I could not get anything prescribed for the pain (anything that would work), and just had to take massive doses of OTC things like ibuprofen (yeah, docs, no health risks in that!). 

You are from the Uk right? I might have you an OTC stuff what help.

27 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I. Am. Not. Old. 

I don't read you in an old people voice so I don't see you as old. Also if you don't say s...t like: in the good old days or when I was young. Then you are not old. 

1 minute ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

On another note, I'm incredibly cranky today.  I may go home, haul a chair out to the driveway, and yell at folks to get off my lawn.

Don't forget your db shotgun and a white vest. 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.