How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@roseelvira  I'm so sorry that you and your husband have been through this pain and distress.  What dreadful neglect.   I do hope he regains his ability to walk.

@Ajay McDowwll  You've got a good young friend there.  She will appreciate your support.

As for me, I got to the dentist and am hopeful of a referral in April.  I'm still astonished that the pain went down and think I might have had some sort of sinus infection.  Anyway it still needs treating.  It's been a beautiful day, sunny and not as chilly as of late.  While I was in town I got a book out from the library, gave some money to Marie Curie, admired the crocuses in the churchyard and spent some minutes sitting in a sunny patch inside the lovely old church here.  There's no chance I can see of regaining my faith but I do appreciate the peace and beauty, plus I saw there's a concert coming up there in a few weeks, which will be enjoyable.

8 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

That sort of thing is what keeps me going.  It sounds like tomorrow will be sunny and warm(er) ish  too.  I plan on sitting in my garden and looking at my crocuses too.

Echoing what Cindy has said, these small things keep me going too. The crocus flowers are so darn pretty at this time of the year, and somehow the weather hasn't quite beaten them, as much as all the rain and wind has tried to. 

Maybe your tooth became abscessed - the pain is always so bad from that, but does subside with treatment. I think/hope by April, your dental issue will have been treated and you will feel brighter and without pain from this nagger. 

How wonderful we (in the UK) have got the sunshine today. Quite awfully, I do not feel like going out.  I've had my fill of people in the 3D world, even my nearest and dearest seem distant and uncaring, so I have escaped to my flat, my own place, my own space, the builders on the adjacent site are relatively quiet this afternoon, and I am catching up with TV shows I've missed lately (Coronation Street, Call the Midwife, Flesh and Blood).  And I have cake! 

It's the little things.

Edited by Marigold Devin
I really shouldn't be communicating anywhere with anyone.
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

It's Friday, so I'm pretty yay about that, but my younger son just broke up with his girlfriend and I feel like I'm unreasonably sad.  It's not as if I didn't see it coming at some point if for no other reason than they're seventeen, and there were certainly other factors in play (their relationship dynamic wasn't always the best, and I do support my son's decision)... but dangit, I like her, and I hurt for her.  She adored him.  Every day he was at the hospital during his recent stay, she'd text him good morning and goodnight, even though she knew he wouldn't see her messages.  She's fun, brilliant, snarky, and everything I would have wanted in a daughter if I'd had one of my own.

My heart's just breaking.  It's not my relationship, and she's not my child, but my stupid eyes keep leaking.  Dratted hormones.

This post has made me blub like a baby - it just suddenly comes on like that. 

Maybe one day, when they are a bit more grown up, your son will realise how gorgeous she was  is, and they will get back together at some point. 

Any girl would be lucky to have you as their mum-in-law by the sound of it.  

Edited by Marigold Devin
swapped they for their - my bad
  • Like 7

when my grandma tries to offend me,she says "genes are genes" when she wants to say that my father is a piece of sh.t. Today is happend the same when i forgot to come to  clean her house. I said that Malyi(my younger brther) can do that...she said :Maluyi  you said?he have 8 classes a day and then tutor. And what do you do?NOTHING!!!!i screamed SURE I M THAT PIECE OF SH.YT. and ended the call. And i feel liek if i m that bad, can my family f.ck off ? they say i m  piece of sh.yt. and younger brother is hero. BUT

1) he never hears her dru*k offensibe words

2) he were never beaten for no reason

3) he never heard  from her  he is human error

4)he never got sh.tty caalls from her  

thats it.

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Sad 13

49 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

This post has made me blub like a baby - it just suddenly comes on like that. 

Maybe one day, when they are a bit more grown up, your son will realise how gorgeous she was  is, and they will get back together at some point. 

Any girl would be lucky to have you as their mum-in-law by the sound of it.  

Hugs, Marigold -- and at this point, I do hope they get back together once they're older, but rationally I know people change and so forth.  What won't change is that they're good kids, and both of them deserve the best.  I hope they get it.

Regarding mother-in-lawing, all I know about being a mother-in law, I learned from my mother... and swore to do the exact opposite.  I love that woman, and while she's a gem to my husband, she is murder on daughters-in-law.  That stops with her generation.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Hugs, Marigold -- and at this point, I do hope they get back together once they're older, but rationally I know people change and so forth.  What won't change is that they're good kids, and both of them deserve the best.  I hope they get it.

Regarding mother-in-lawing, all I know about being a mother-in law, I learned from my mother... and swore to do the exact opposite.  I love that woman, and while she's a gem to my husband, she is murder on daughters-in-law.  That stops with her generation.

I had a lovely mother-in-law, to 1996, although with there being a 12 year age difference between her son and myself (I was the older), she and W's father were more than a little shocked when we first announced we were going to get married. When it inevitably fell apart, and I moved several hundreds of miles back to my home town, my mother-in-law sent me such a lovely letter, telling me how she had felt at first, and then how she had come to love and accept me as part of their family, and how sad she was at our break up, thanking me for healing a family rift between my husband and his brother.  My ex mother-in-law's own mother-in-law (who became my grandmother-in-law!) was a funny old sod.  I recently came across a video with her in it. You can see the look of disapproval on her face, throughout the video. Of me, and of my mother-in-law (and probably the entire world). Like I say. Funny. Old. Sod!

Whatever happens with your son, and his ex-girlfriend, I hope they get their happy ever after. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Panteleeva said:

when my grandma treies to offend me,she says "genes are genes" when she wamnts to say that my farger is a piece of sh.t. Today is happend the same when i forgot to come to  clean her house. I said that Malyi(my younger brther) can do that...she said :Maluyi  you said?he have 8 classes a day and then tutor. And what do you do?NOTHING!!!!i screamed SURE I M THAT PIECE OF SH.YT. and ended the call. And i feel liek if i m that bad, can my family f.ck off ? they say i m  piece of sh.yt. and younger brother is hero. BUT

1) he never hears her drubk offensibe words

2) he were never beaten for no reason

3) he neevr heard  from her  he is human error

4)he never got sh.tty caalls from her

thats it.

Hugs you!! You are kind, compassionate, amazing person and I proud to call you my friend and I know how it feels to be emotionally cut down to size but you are an amazing you! :) 

Today I woke up with migraine which since gone, bit groggy after it but otherwise I'm okay and enjoying brief glimpse of sunshine in my part of the UK.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My eyes are really bothering me today.  I have extreme dry eye issues, along with light sensitivity and blepharospasm-like problems.  Today is worse than normal for some unknown reason and it makes working on the computer more difficult.  Unfortunately, my job is totally computer based.  I've got the lights turned down and the monitor dimmed some also, but there is only so much that can be done before I can't see anything on the monitor at all.  Instead, I squint a lot (which will eventually lead to a headache), squeeze my eyes shut a lot, rub my eyes a lot, and constantly drown them in my eye drops.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My eyes are really bothering me today.  I have extreme dry eye issues, along with light sensitivity and blepharospasm-like problems.  Today is worse than normal for some unknown reason and it makes working on the computer more difficult.  Unfortunately, my job is totally computer based.  I've got the lights turned down and the monitor dimmed some also, but there is only so much that can be done before I can't see anything on the monitor at all.  Instead, I squint a lot (which will eventually lead to a headache), squeeze my eyes shut a lot, rub my eyes a lot, and constantly drown them in my eye drops.

Your plight saddens me, but also reassures me, as I have similar condition. Mine was diagnosed when I nearly took my eye out with a freak accident involving an alice band end of 2018. Isn't the application of eye drops such a relief - an eyegasm in fact?!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

Hugs you!! You are kind, compassionate, amazing person and I proud to call you my friend and I know how it feels to be emotionally cut down to size but you are an amazing you! :) 

Today I woke up with migraine which since gone, bit groggy after it but otherwise I'm okay and enjoying brief glimpse of sunshine in my part of the UK.

thank you so much ❤️this answer means a lot to me

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

me tries to cure you a bit with my support

8091a92008e0fe8c5770a50126d8c1fc.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Your plight saddens me, but also reassures me, as I have similar condition. Mine was diagnosed when I nearly took my eye out with a freak accident involving an alice band end of 2018. Isn't the application of eye drops such a relief - an eyegasm in fact?!

There are times that I push on them, with the heel of my palm, so much that I wonder if someday I'll hurt myself - but other than drowning them in drops, pushing on them is the only thing that gives relief.

• Sad 6

18 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

thank you so much ❤️this answer means a lot to me

Anytime, you was there for me when I was spiralling that Sunday so glad I could return in kind. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

It's Friday, so I'm pretty yay about that, but my younger son just broke up with his girlfriend and I feel like I'm unreasonably sad.  It's not as if I didn't see it coming at some point if for no other reason than they're seventeen, and there were certainly other factors in play (their relationship dynamic wasn't always the best, and I do support my son's decision)... but dangit, I like her, and I hurt for her.  She adored him.  Every day he was at the hospital during his recent stay, she'd text him good morning and goodnight, even though she knew he wouldn't see her messages.  She's fun, brilliant, snarky, and everything I would have wanted in a daughter if I'd had one of my own.

My heart's just breaking.  It's not my relationship, and she's not my child, but my stupid eyes keep leaking.  Dratted hormones.

I've phone-talked my emergency backup son though three breakups in the last two years. In all cases, I liked the girls more than I like him. He's got good taste. Yesterday he sent me a pic of his latest sweetie, who looks like she could eat him alive. Thankfully, he knows it won't last. He's moving back to Wisconsin soon.

It does break my heart a little to see him searching for companionship. Mac complains that Tinder, Bumble, and whatever other dating apps he's tried have turned meeting people into a relentless competition, and Facebook exposes him to constant scrutiny.

Though millennials are marrying later, or not at all, once they do couple they seem to stay together. Those getting married are more educated and wealthier than those who don't, making me wonder if we're witnessing the gentrification of marriage. Mac feels like his window of opportunity is closing, though the statistics say otherwise.

He's not built to travel the road I'm on, so I'm sure I'll be helping him through more breakups.

• Like 8

Forgot my meds yesterday and had a nightmare with my old boyfriend from when I was 19.  He with the huge catholic family 5 older brohters and one younger as well as 3 sisters. We were making something for a family gathering and were fighting about ingredients.  No horseradish! too much garlic!  Woke up late with my head spinning and late for work.  Been way too busy playing Game of Homes in Bellisseria.  Got to focus.turning off my play monitor to get some work done.... LATER THAT DAY....

It seems I forgot to post this.  Still sitting here when I went to look at the thread on my break.  such a day this has been.  still feeling all emo because of the missed meds.  Work is sucking big time.  Will read today's post later after work, but for now, hugs all around!

bear hug.jpg

• Like 8

Felling rather stoked! I've just completed my third basic model in Blender 2.8 and uploaded them in world after completing another basics short course online.

I'm under no illusions that I still have a LOOOOOOOONG way to go and have barely even begun to scratch the surface on what can be done, or things like Retopology or anything remotely like that. Nodes still confuses me and UV Unwrapping (while a simple principle in theory) still feels like trying to learn a distant alien language with hundreds of conflicting variations on how to pronounce it. After baking wrong and rebuilding several times I've signed on for another short course specifically on UV unwrapping and hope to get that underway next week.

On top of that while learning how to navigate the absolute basics of Blender 2.8 I've been learning the absolute basics of Substance Painter too (just the 30 day free trial to see if it's worth it). So far I'm enjoying it too despite how my poor laptop struggles (It's probably on it's way out in all honesty but hope it can hold out a while longer).

31940047_Udemycoursemodels_001.thumb.png.2155f6fa59600f1281b3e718a44a3e3b.png

It's pretty basic but considering how many times I had tried (and quit) Blender over the years to get from "I don't know how to delete the cube" to uploading these feels like a massive accomplishment. They're certainly not in any condition to sell and in no way perfect, and the tris need to be reworked on top of sharpening my textures (and searching the forums on that subject is helping, slowly). But I'm still happy with getting this far for now. 😁

• Like 14

How do I feel today?

Happily not regretting the outcome when my RL ex called out of the blue and asked me to be honest about why the relationship (that ended LONG ago) failed.....

Having had a *little* wine before bed might have made me more honest than I should have been.....

((I get to have booze RARELY, so when someone late night calls me and asks for honesty on that ONE EVENING I’m a little buzzed.....”in vino veritas”))

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295fe25747c2d60830fb

Edited by AmandaKeen
Wine....
  • Like 10

I haven't popped in much recently...I can barely keep up with myself and my new schedule!

So, I'm off to London, for a pyjama party with a couple of adorable friends. If I'm not back in a month, just assume I'm really, really comfortable ❤️

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

How do I feel today?

Happily not regretting the outcome when my RL ex called out of the blue and asked me to be honest about why the relationship (that ended LONG ago) failed.....

Having had a *little* wine before bed might have made me more honest than I should have been.....

((I get to have booze RARELY, so when someone late night calls me and asks for honesty on that ONE EVENING I’m a little buzzed.....”in vino veritas”))

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295fe25747c2d60830fb

Oh. My. Word. Well, I think perhaps you were not MORE honest than you should have been. He asked! He deserved what he got.  Does he want you back though?  (I am sooooo nosy.).  Just for research purposes, you understand, nothing to do with the fact that I recently got back with a very very old ex-boyfriend of mine (after a break of 41 years in fact, well 39 really, if you include the very brief afternoon interlude when he happened by my house while his then girlfriend was out of the country on holiday, no doubt hoping to get the virginity that I didn't give him two years earlier!!!).  Ohhhh it's complicated !!!!!

And I am stone. cold. sober. It is morning here in the UK, and I probably have been far more honest than I should have been. Right. Here. Ohhhh. I may edit. Maybe. 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

I haven't popped in much recently...I can barely keep up with myself and my new schedule!

So, I'm off to London, for a pyjama party with a couple of adorable friends. If I'm not back in a month, just assume I'm really, really comfortable ❤️

Ohhhh there is nothing better than a pyjama party. I am long overdue a pyjama party for more than just one person.  Have a lovely time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have to wear "cheaters" to read and work on the computer because I'm farsighted and it gets worse with age (not that I'm aging). About five months ago I started getting headaches, and I don't get headaches. I figured out it was probably due to eye strain and I bought a pair of blue light filtering glasses. They worked! I've read that they don't, really, but I've read that they do, too. My experience, real or not!, was they did help quite a bit.

I have rosacea, and because I can't get anything like a normal person, good or bad, I am in the small percentage of people who has eye problems with rosacea. My green eyes look very Christmasy with the whites that turn red. And they water when I get the least bit stressed (good or bad) and so I have to explain to people that I'm not actually crying. Oy. Eye problems suck.

• Like 7

I'm freaking out. My apartment move is on the 12th. My friend from Canada is coming down late on the 10th. I have sooooooo much work to do! Because of my disability everything I do now is fifteen times slower than it should be. Plus, ok, I'll admit it, I've been procrastinating and whining, "I dun wanna!" I sat myself down last night to do some adulting. I came up with a plan. I can do this!!

Annnnnnd, right on cue, last night in a stupid "it can only happen to me" thing, when I was rolling over onto my left side to sleep my left leg didn't get the message, rolled funny, there was a loud CRACK on my knee and now it is all swollen and hurts like heck, still. I still have to do the work, so now, early in the morning, I'm stoned on pain meds so that I can work. This will, of course, slow me down further, and I hope I don't lose my balance and ... FML.

I wish moving in RL was like moving in SL. click click click poof "packed" (TELEPORT move to new place) click move rotate click move rotate click move rotate "done" 

On the plus side: Ok, I am stoned so yay! Stoned packing and cleaning is more fun than sober packing and cleaning. And the new, tentative D to my s is so far quite wonderful.

Image result for taylor swift morning dance gif

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Ouch, @Seicher Rae.  Please be careful, but you'll get there if you're not too fussy how you pack.

My day hasn't been too bad though my plan to get my elder brother a special birthday card (one of those years with a zero in it) failed.  I couldn't find my purse and looked all over, until the local library rang to say they had it.  By the time I got there, retrieved my purse, and had bought a card, I couldn't buy a stamp in time as the queue was too long.  So I flopped in the local Costa and began to feel sick with the noise.  A bit of a struggle home but I got back without losing anything else.  My brother will hate me for being late but then he doesn't give a toss normally anyway. :/ 

On the plus side, I'm taking part in a dating contest in Bellisseria today at 12pm so perhaps I'll get lucky. :D 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m all out of sorts because our cable company has managed to hose the entire state’s internet service; not that nobody has internet, but it’s spotty. And those of us who got new modems (like us) can’t get them activated due to issues on the corporate end. I have no desktop access to the web, which means no SL, and it’s driving me nuts. I look forward to playing inworld on the weekends, and we’re looking at possibly two or more days of nothing... which effectively hoses my entire weekend 😞

• Sad 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.