How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

'd be interested to know what this is! I don't have this problem on the scale you do, but occasionally, yeah. And YAY for the Klonopin!

and @Fauve Aeon, I think the whatever it's called is similar to benadryl, because we did talk about that too.  I also have tried the melatonin tablets and had some success, the heartburn med I have has melatonin in it and I noticed that it made me sleepy.  But that was on a night that I wasn't having the little hamster running on the wheel in my brain. I tried the melatonin on a hamster night and it didn't work as well. Maybe you need to take it before he climbs on the wheel. I hate worrying, I know it does nothing to solve whatever issue one is worried about, but somehow knowing that isn't enough to stop the worries. I bemoaned the fact that I was becoming so neurotic and my shrink was kind enough to say that it was quite natural to have anxiety when so many big life changes are looming ahead.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

who the hell wants to be normal?

Not me, but there's a safety in normality; a 'belongingness' of not standing out too far and not getting oneself noticed for what might be considered 'the wrong reasons'. As the saying goes: "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down". Some can weather that hammer more easily than others.

(Hello to this wonderful, supportive thread. I'm not in need of you currently, but I'm glad that you exist for those that do. Hugs to anyone who needs [and is comfortable with accepting] them.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I got to the surgery this morning.  For once, the receptionist was right; that practice can't refer for dental treatment as they're not insured for it.  I have no idea how common this is but, with the way the NHS has been going for a long time, matters like insurance could feature more widely.  Anyway, I'll get some good old-fashioned Diazepam delivered tomorrow (I opted for it rather than beta-blockers as they turn my insides cold).  So I'll be dopey and calm.  Then I'll call 111 (NHS urgent dental number).  Adventure!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I got to the surgery this morning.  For once, the receptionist was right; that practice can't refer for dental treatment as they're not insured for it.  I have no idea how common this is but, with the way the NHS has been going for a long time, matters like insurance could feature more widely.  Anyway, I'll get some good old-fashioned Diazepam delivered tomorrow (I opted for it rather than beta-blockers as they turn my insides cold).  So I'll be dopey and calm.  Then I'll call 111 (NHS urgent dental number).  Adventure!

Congrats on getting what you need.  I used to get Diazepam from my dentist to take the day before and the morning of anything that required drilling. It's horrible to be addicted to but great in a pinch for a short term problem like the dentist. I had a friend who was addicted to Valium(Diazepam) back in the day(the 70s) and she has permanent dark circles under her eyes and a haunted look from the ordeal of withdrawing from it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Congrats on getting what you need.  I used to get Diazepam from my dentist to take the day before and the morning of anything that required drilling. It's horrible to be addicted to but great in a pinch for a short term problem like the dentist. I had a friend who was addicted to Valium(Diazepam) back in the day(the 70s) and she has permanent dark circles under her eyes and a haunted look from the ordeal of withdrawing from it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I was actually addicted to it in my 20s, as I had a narcissistic GP who liked keeping me dependent, but the few times I've taken it since I've only asked for a few days' worth.  The GP I saw today was kind enough to accept my choice.  He's a lovely, extremely tall man whose German name was as mangled by the practice computer as my own; when I'm called to go in people look puzzled, as though trying to work out what nationality I must be. :D 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Not a good day today.  That's it really.  A friend who went through similar with her SL partner said;  get through the next moment.  It will become the next hour and eventually a day.

This is what someone told my husband when he lost his sister to cancer a few years back and I'm pretty sure that is the only way he got through the first few months.

*BIG HUGS*

• Like 5

I had been mostly over that darn upper respiratory crud for quite a few days now when suddenly the cough reasserted itself yesterday afternoon.  I'm back to living on cough medicine and cough drops again, with my chest & back once again sore from constantly trying to cough up a lung or something.  

That is what comes from leaving the safety of my house and going to the office or the grocery store.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

My issues aside.  Right now I am angry as hell.  She is 6 years old.  She was naughty in class.  What part of what happens here is ok?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-51638871/six-year-old-girl-arrested-at-florida-school

That happened an hour from where I live.  The officer in question had apparently arrested two children at the elementary school that day.

Some folks do NOT need to be school resource officers... or even in law enforcement at all.  I don't know in what world it's ever appropriate to arrest and handcuff a freaking six-year-old.  If the behavior is truly egregious, that's what suspension is for.

I'm glad the idiot has been fired.  I hope more happens to him.  Incarceration would be a nice start.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

It's called Hydroxine Pamoate and it's a 25 mg capsule.

It's like a pumped up version of Benedryl! I hope it works for you!

1 hour ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

The officer in question had apparently arrested two children at the elementary school that day.

I read this story yesterday and almost posted it here as well because it made me so mad. He was bragging about how the youngest he'd arrested before was 7, and now he had a new record. I hope he get's another new record - a police record. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I read this story yesterday and almost posted it here as well because it made me so mad. He was bragging about how the youngest he'd arrested before was 7, and now he had a new record. I hope he get's another new record - a police record. 

Me too.  I don't think I've ever heard of a worse power-trippy statement.  I mean, really... what kind of horrible individual does one have to be to be proud of arresting a six-year-old?

I am truly disgusted.

13 minutes ago, Mahala Roviana said:

I feel like, if you can't control a child without force,  you don't need to be in law enforcement or education. 

Absolutely agreed.  These fields are not for the power hungry.  Unfortunately, to varying degrees both seem to have an appeal on that end :/

• Like 6

I'm in a good mood, but my day is quickly becoming an aggravation and I'm feeling pedantic. Our computer network at work is behaving atrociously. A coworker set up a shared folder for us for a project and she DID NOT ARRANGE THINGS THE WAY I WANT THEM and I'm trying to be kind, and patient, and gentle as I tell her that NAMING CONVENTIONS ARE IMPORTANT. I just looked at the "what does your avatar look like today thread" and had to get up and walk the halls for a minute to avoid correcting all the people calling regions "sims". 

🤬🤬🤬

At least I recognize I'm being pedantic and I absolutely, positively blame @Patch Linden for the whole region vs. sim tic I've developed. 

Edited by Beth Macbain
I have a tic, not a tick. I haven't been hiking.
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm in a good mood, but my day is quickly becoming an aggravation and I'm feeling pedantic. Our computer network at work is behaving atrociously. A coworker set up a shared folder for us for a project and she DID NOT ARRANGE THINGS THE WAY I WANT THEM and I'm trying to be kind, and patient, and gentle as I tell her that NAMING CONVENTIONS ARE IMPORTANT. I just looked at the "what does your avatar look like today thread" and had to get up and walk the halls for a minute to avoid correcting all the people calling regions "sims". 

🤬🤬🤬

At least I recognize I'm being pedantic and I absolutely, positively blame @Patch Linden for the whole region vs. sim tick I've developed. 

This is not my day, and yet I can completely relate -- I have that pedantic tic too, as well as agreeing most emphatically that YES NAMING CONVENTIONS ARE TOTALLY IMPORTANT!!!

Ahem.  Sorry.  As y'all were.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning! Well I took one of the little green capsules (Hydroxine Pamoate) last night around 9:30 pm and still terribly groggy at 7:30 am this morning.  The hamster only glanced over at the wheel and did not climb on or run. Seems like it works for sleeping!

Sorry @Ajay McDowwll but, I won't read the article about arresting kiddies.  I'm sure it's a terrible thing but I don't need to add that to the mix of things that upset me.

Yesterday I had my HVAC inspected by the company that installed and maintains it and they found something that needs fixing that will cost $1500. Talked to my realtor and she said don't fix it.  She said that there has been a change in the way companies, even reputable ones do business these days and she suspected that they were perhaps up-selling what needs to be done.  I felt bad about that, but grateful to be warned before I spent money I don't have. Better to just disclose it as a preventative measure, than be out the money.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I just looked at the "what does your avatar look like today thread" and had to get up and walk the halls for a minute to avoid correcting all the people calling regions "sims". 

🤬🤬🤬

At least I recognize I'm being pedantic and I absolutely, positively blame @Patch Linden for the whole region vs. sim tick I've developed. 

Sim, region, it's an imaginary construct for the place where we immerse ourselves in the virtual world.  Must be the little green capsule's lingering effect but it doesn't seem terribly important this morning.😏😉😵

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The plumbers arrived yesterday morning. They had to replace two sections of line that were full of giant holes. It cost less than half what they quoted us and I no longer have to self medicate with Jack Daniels every time it rains out of the fear that everything is going to back up. 

Now it begins. So. Much. Laundry. 

Edited by Mahala Roviana
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

My issues aside.  Right now I am angry as hell.  She is 6 years old.  She was naughty in class.  What part of what happens here is ok?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-51638871/six-year-old-girl-arrested-at-florida-school

That is not the first time a super young child was arrested at school.  Part of the problem with schools implementing their so-called "no tolerance" policies is that everyone stops thinking logically and we end up with this sort of crap.  School officials and resource officers and police in general really need to go back to actually attempting to THINK about a situation rather than just reacting and mindlessly following their perceived version of rules.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is not the first time a super young child was arrested at school.  Part of the problem with schools implementing their so-called "no tolerance" policies is that everyone stops thinking logically and we end up with this sort of crap.  School officials and resource officers and police in general really need to go back to actually attempting to THINK about a situation rather than just reacting and mindlessly following their perceived version of rules.

Dear god.  I was a childminder for 12 years.  I can't imagine calling the police every time one of them had a meltdown strop day.  I am completely stunned that this happens.  

What next, Officer my 5 year old won't eat his carrots and chucked them on the floor.  Cart him off in hand cuffs please and chalk it down in your age records book

• Like 4

On to how I'm doing today:  I must have been in the super deep sleep part the sleep cycle when the alarm went off this morning because I am still a bit groggy.  The damn cough is still there and irritating, though doesn't seem to be quite as harsh as yesterday.  I'm also a tad cranky because I have to work tonight.  Somebody decided that it might be a good idea if the database engineers started doing the production installs instead of the actual database administrators - because they've hired too many idiots lately that just can't manage to install anything correctly even with copy/paste instructions.  That means that I now have to work tonight to do a job that I was not hired for - and I most definitely did not get a raise for this added off-hours stuff.

Hmmm, based on that last sentence, I might be more than just a TAD cranky.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.