How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely broken.  I have just had confirmation that my wonderful, amazing,  perfectly imperfect partner lost his battle with cancer this morning.  We almost made it to 11 years in this mad crazy wor

My dad passed away today, in his sleep, at the hospice. I'm in that shock phase now, numb and unable to think.

So, quick update number 2...  My daughter is negative for covid-19!!! the super quarantine is lifted and we can go grocery shopping! Back to your regularly scheduled bickering.. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

And let's face it, the delivery man could be a carrier.

Nope we don't even have it here. We are a poor country can't afford this fancy stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks, everyone, for confirming that I'm not old! I'm in a much better mood today than I was yesterday, and feel as if I could kick any Z's butt that calls me old. 

I've been through many small earthquakes but my first one when I lived in LA was... well, I freaked. I always just sort of expected that the BIG ONE was going to hit at any moment, so any time there was the tiniest bit of shaking I was convinced that was going to be it. My first one, though, was a few seconds that felt like forever made me forget everything I learned I was supposed to do. My instinct in any fight or flight situation is flight - so I wanted to run outside away from buildings but that's absolutely the wrong thing to do, so I jumped up, took off running, remembered I wasn't supposed to, and just froze in the doorway like an SL static running pose.

Everyone else just sat where they were and laughed at me. 

I learned to handle the panic a little bit better after that.

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Thanks, everyone, for confirming that I'm not old! I'm in a much better mood today than I was yesterday, and feel as if I could kick any Z's butt

What did I do for you he? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first time I felt an earthquake was in an upstairs office.  Everyone sat there looking amazed, and I confess I quite enjoyed it; it was a bit like being on a boat.  Today I woke up with a nagging pain in my side over the site of some major replumbing a decade ago.  I'm telling myself it's probably just a bit inflamed and the connections haven't come loose, because by this time of day I'd be in serious pain, I think.  The toothache has subsided quite a bit for some reason, which makes me think my body is amazing at trying to repair itself.  Other than that I'm just annoyed at letting myself be rattled in the forum.  It might be time for a break.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Uncapitalised letter I. Oh dear.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 6
9 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Other than that I'm just annoyed at letting myself be rattled in the forum.  It might be time for a break.

I get rattled at least once a day. It does help to take a step back sometimes.

I like to think I've gotten better about leaving any aggravations in any particular thread on that thread and not carry my aggravation into the rest of the forums, and also to not let my dislike of a person's post necessarily become dislike of that person. God knows I've been everything from snippy to downright argumentative with some around here that I actually like quite a bit - a difference of opinion doesn't mean enemies for life. 

• Like 8

I played some en garde got my butt handed me multiple times (didn't won, not even once). But I meet somebody how is nice we will see. And she is a spy she told me this. grrrrrr

• Like 2

Perhaps it's not so much the ageism that's bothering me as it is the dismissing of entire segments of society I'm seeing.

Whether it's the "okay, boomer" thing or the "okay, Becky" thing... I really effing hate it. It's not okay to dismiss anyone because of their age, their race, their gender, their ethnicity, their religion... all the things a person can do nothing about. I know every generation has done the dismissive, unaffected thing in one form or another, and I know I've been guilty of it myself. 

It's ugly and I'm sick of seeing it on the forums. I'm going to start reporting it as the targeted hate that it is, regardless of who it is directed at. 

...stomps her foot in a fit of pique... 

I forced myself to stop saying "whatever" when my elderly father started saying it. He really thought that saying "whatever" meant "I don't mind. You pick where we go for dinner!" but I guess he heard it so often on TV that he started using it. It sounded ridiculous coming from him and I realized it must've sounded just as ridiculous coming from me. 

And those of you who say things like "okay, boomer" and "okay, Becky" sound just as ridiculous. Disagree with people if you want to disagree with them, but at least disagree with some actual substance. 

...harrumphs...

• Like 12
20 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

And those of you who say things like "okay, boomer" and "okay, Becky" sound just as ridiculous. Disagree with people if you want to disagree with them, but at least disagree with some actual substance. 

And disagree with basic politeness.

This is what too much of our society is forgetting these days -- or they just flat out do not care about it.  I don't know if it is social media, the internet in general, our political divide or what, but on the whole, our society (at least in the US) doesn't seem to care about being civil anymore.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Perhaps it's not so much the ageism that's bothering me as it is the dismissing of entire segments of society I'm seeing.

Whether it's the "okay, boomer" thing or the "okay, Becky" thing... I really effing hate it. It's not okay to dismiss anyone because of their age, their race, their gender, their ethnicity, their religion... all the things a person can do nothing about. I know every generation has done the dismissive, unaffected thing in one form or another, and I know I've been guilty of it myself. 

It's ugly and I'm sick of seeing it on the forums. I'm going to start reporting it as the targeted hate that it is, regardless of who it is directed at. 

...stomps her foot in a fit of pique... 

I forced myself to stop saying "whatever" when my elderly father started saying it. He really thought that saying "whatever" meant "I don't mind. You pick where we go for dinner!" but I guess he heard it so often on TV that he started using it. It sounded ridiculous coming from him and I realized it must've sounded just as ridiculous coming from me. 

...harrumphs...

Beth, I like you and stuff. So... you know, whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
2 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Beth, I like you and stuff. So... you know, whatever.

If you were shuffling your feet and unable to make eye contact with me when you said that, I’m taking it to mean you wanna make out with me. 😘

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

If you were shuffling your feet and unable to make eye contact with me when you said that, I’m taking it to mean you wanna make out with me. 😘

I nearly spit wine on my monitor. Geez, give a gal some warning.

I don't usually drink much, but it has been a wine kinda day.  I have started a death purge of my house.   I'm not dying just fed up with the clutter.  Time to let go, simplify, and downsize.  To make the purge easier I've ordered an entire dumpster to fill with anything that can't be donated.  I  wonder if I'll need two.  The hoarder in me that kept thinking I needed that random charger to an electronic that was lost or broken 8 years ago will just have to huff in the background.  I'll take pics of artwork the kids did 15 or more years ago and pitch the original.  No, I don't need that souvinier mug from crater Lake. I can do this.  I can let go.

• Like 8
13 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

My first one, though, was a few seconds that felt like forever made me forget everything I learned I was supposed to do.

my first earthquake, I was stopped at a red light and I thought my engine was blowing up, the way the car shook and shuddered. then I heard someone comment on the radio just a moment afterwards that they'd all felt the earth shake. Such a relief that my car wasn't dying.🙃🤣🙃

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I don't go and see movies because of the blub factor - so i hide it by saying "oh its all $hi_! Don't you have anything better to do with your time"  But don't tell anyone lol.
I was explaining dire circumstances of a student to a tutor the other day and started tearing up. Then hes like "oh wow" and started to do the same, so I had to go and sit outside for a good while.
You can't let 580 teenage guys see you nearly snot-bubbling - lmaooo. 
(is there an emoticon for that?)

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

No, I don't need that souvinier mug from crater Lake. I can do this.  I can let go.

EBAY-2031

Original souvinier(sic) mug from crater lake - winning bid....$6,500

Cinnamon's kids - "OMG...mom has one of these. Start the car!"

Doh!  😖

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I am currently waiting at the hospital for my husband to get out.  He is getting both an upper and a lower GI scope done. So nothing major but it still makes me worry.

Things will be fine....I have spoken!  👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 3/4/2020 at 2:05 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

Please do.  My regular online shopping delivery for tomorrow has already cancelled my baked beans and tuna from my order because of the panic buyers 

It was frozen stuff and peanut butter for me. It's seriously messed up my food for the week 😧

• Sad 4
Just now, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

It was frozen stuff and peanut butter for me. It's seriously messed up my food for the week 😧

by the time it arrived this morning it was also missing satsumas, couscous, frozen carrots and something else. 

• Sad 5
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.