How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I didn't get to the dentist as my gut protested and made me stay home.  I do have another appointment scheduled for next week, though, and the receptionist was very sweet about it.  On the plus side, the pain's no worse and I'm now quite calm owing to the Diazepam.  I should have taken it first thing, shouldn't I? :D 

I'm distracting myself by planning my 15th SL anniversary to which you are all invited.  It will be on Saturday 11th April, so a while yet.  The theme will be Supernatural.

• Like 7

I hate medication shifts.  I really do.  With the Lexapro I had horrible insomnia for weeks, although that straightened out.  Some other side effects got worse over time, though, which led me to switch to the Wellbutrin.  Wellbutrin's onboarding wasn't bad (also, the obnoxious issue Lexapro caused totally went away) but the anxiety came roaring back and didn't abate over the course of several months... which has led to the Trintellix/ Buspar combo.

The Buspar is relatively benign.  The Trintellix?  Erm... let's just say that "exasperating" on the G/I side effects doesn't really begin to cover it :P  Lordy.  Thank goodness for understanding employers, at least.

Other than that wee gripe, all's well at the moment.  My son has a psychiatrist appointment today, so we'll see if there's any medication adjustment forthcoming for him.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Removed extra word.
  • Like 6

There's always something. This week I'm joining the dots to get my mother home from hospital tomorrow. There's an element of chicken and egg. She can't self medicate, so needs what we call a Nomad in the UK. The pharmacy prepares a months medication in a tray with a box for each day. But local pharmacies don't have the capacity. She also needs carers, and the district nurse. The district nurse can't administer insulin unless she's eaten, and she forgets to eat so we have to fit carers into this matrix. Then she needs a key safe on the outside wall so they can all get access. After a lot of negotiations, she is coming out tomorrow with two weeks meds. Saturday I have a planning meeting to resolve carer involvement, and nurse involvement, and to get the key safe fitted. Today I found a pharmacy who are prepared to do the Nomad. Monday I have an appointment to sort out the medication. Until all this drops into place......its down to me. Aside from the food shopping and cleaning, and washing up.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

There's always something. This week I'm joining the dots to get my mother home from hospital tomorrow. There's an element of chicken and egg. She can't self medicate, so needs what we call a Nomad in the UK. The pharmacy prepares a months medication in a tray with a box for each day. But local pharmacies don't have the capacity. She also needs carers, and the district nurse. The district nurse can't administer insulin unless she's eaten, and she forgets to eat so we have to fit carers into this matrix. Then she needs a key safe on the outside wall so they can all get access. After a lot of negotiations, she is coming out tomorrow with two weeks meds. Saturday I have a planning meeting to resolve carer involvement, and nurse involvement, and to get the key safe fitted. Today I found a pharmacy who are prepared to do the Nomad. Monday I have an appointment to sort out the medication. Until all this drops into place......its down to me. Aside from the food shopping and cleaning, and washing up.

What a headache! I hope it's all sorted out soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

I had the caretaker role for both my mom and dad. Even though they didn't live with me, taking care of ALL THE THINGS and being on call 24/7 for anything that came up from a dropped phone charger to broken hips was freaking exhausting. Hardest job I ever had. I often forgot to take care of myself until I was on the very edge and it was almost too late for me to yell at my siblings for a little help.

So don't forget to take care of yourself. You deserve a little pampering and don't ever feel that it's in any way wrong to need to give yourself a break, to do something nice for yourself, to ask for help, to demand it if necessary (I lost my sh*t with my siblings a couple of times. Felt good.) If you ever need to vent, just let me know!

You're no good to anyone if you're not good to yourself first!

hugs

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

We've got flooding in the UK.

I poked my nose out the kitchen door .. no flooding in my bit.    Icy blast though and since my phone was in my pocket.... yellow thing in the sky 

46f3f5c897990ba0ab76dbb446d536db.png

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I poked my nose out the kitchen door .. no flooding in my bit.    Icy blast though and since my phone was in my pocket.... yellow thing in the sky 

46f3f5c897990ba0ab76dbb446d536db.png

Did your day get any better after the breakfast issues?  I hope so. The sun is out here also - I think we are quite close.  It was dull and had been raining/snowing when I first got up, but when the sun came out, I walked 1.6 miles to my brother's house, and it has remained perfectly pleasant.  BBC weather website said there was a 38% risk of snow, but with 6C temperatures, that doesn't make much sense to me. Wind is gathering speed though.

My day had started off with a Facebook group informing me their new little cockatiel chick had died in the night, and that upset me, but things have certainly got much better since then.

I hope they have for you too, and that you've eaten something delicious and substantial.

At my brother's I found biscuit beetles had invaded his Rice Krispies (TM) so have had to clean out the entire cupboard, and give everything a Dettol spray and wipe.  Luckily, I find myself with lots more energy than I've had for the past couple of days.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Did your day get any better after the breakfast issues?

Well...  I had to then have a  creme egg for breakfast because... well it was prescribed for me.  By me

I have stayed in my PJs all day and lost myself binge watchin a crazy american house renovation series on tv while browsing ikea online for ideas for my own house redecorating

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

It really is the most difficult thing in the world to do to be carer for someone. Karma bit me hard on the bottom, because I used to think all carers did was sit and drink tea all day long (family carers like yourself I mean, not the agency people that come and go and are on a payroll, and quarter/half the time don't really care), but when my brother had a stroke, and the care role somehow fell to me (and I still don't really know how that happened), I found out the truth.

You have done brilliantly so far with all you have managed to organise, and I know there will be days that you will be tearing your hair out and screaming with frustration. There do seem to be a lot of shortfalls in social care. District nurses are stretched to the limit - and don't we all get reminded of that fact all too often?! Remember though, that everyone is on a payroll, and sometimes they need a poke up the bottom to be reminded of this.  

Problems we have encountered is care agencies have tended to send staff who are addicted to mobile phones, and who use some of my brother's allotted hour to catch up with time, so his needs have been neglected.  I put on my rottweiler head and start barking when this happens.  

Your mother is extremely lucky you are there to oversee all of this.  It is exhausting. Everyone needs to have constant training - in time keeping especially.

Sending you a massive hug and strength. It is going to feel bumpy for a while after your mother comes out of hospital. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Well...  I had to then have a  creme egg for breakfast because... well it was prescribed for me.  By me

I have stayed in my PJs all day and lost myself binge watchin a crazy american house renovation series on tv while browsing ikea online for ideas for my own house redecorating

Chortled at the creme egg for brekky - excellent :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I had the caretaker role for both my mom and dad. Even though they didn't live with me, taking care of ALL THE THINGS and being on call 24/7 for anything that came up from a dropped phone charger to broken hips was freaking exhausting. Hardest job I ever had. I often forgot to take care of myself until I was on the very edge and it was almost too late for me to yell at my siblings for a little help.

So don't forget to take care of yourself. You deserve a little pampering and don't ever feel that it's in any way wrong to need to give yourself a break, to do something nice for yourself, to ask for help, to demand it if necessary (I lost my sh*t with my siblings a couple of times. Felt good.) If you ever need to vent, just let me know!

You're no good to anyone if you're not good to yourself first!

hugs

Heck, yes - that level of exhaustion is horrendous. 

This thread is so supportive. Thanks for starting it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Mahala Roviana I don't recall watching the show, so it will go on my list.

Is everybody ok with the various weather extremes?  We've got flooding in the UK.

Our weather is obscene, when you consider all the fires in other parts of the world.  The ridiculous amount of rainfall we have had. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Our weather is obscene, when you consider all the fires in other parts of the world.  The ridiculous amount of rainfall we have had. 

I envy you your rain.  I hope to be out of California before the next fire season starts.  I really hate the anxiety of worrying over power being turned off to prevent fires.  Don't want the fires, don't want to lose power for days....Really was awful last year.

• Like 4

When I started my estrogen compound, I was told to give it three months before discussing any changes.  I'm now nearing the end of the 3 months, so I contacted my doctor with an update:  hot flashes are better - not gone, but not getting drenched at night - however I still wake every 1-2 hours all night and I appear to be much moodier than I was 3 months ago. She said that it sounded like the compound needed a bit of progesterone added in, to primarily help that moodiness, but it might also help with the sleeping. 

Helping with the moodiness will definitely be nice.  It wasn't until I was giving her the 3 month update that I realized the moodiness & almost crying at the drop of a pin, had all gotten quite a bit worse over these last few months, but crept up slowly so that I didn't correlate it with the estrogen.  She also suggested that I get an over the counter supplement of DHEA to take for the next 6-8 weeks while the new compound mix gets settled into my system.  

*fingers crossed* that this change gives me a bit more progress on things. 

I can handle the various issues as long as I am actually gaining ground on dealing with them.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm now nearing the end of the 3 months, so I contacted my doctor with an update:  hot flashes are better - not gone, but not getting drenched at night - however I still wake every 1-2 hours all night and I appear to be much moodier than I was 3 months ago. She said that it sounded like the compound needed a bit of progesterone added in, to primarily help that moodiness, but it might also help with the sleeping. 

Oh... I wonder how I would be right now if I hadn't started the estrogen and progesterone at the same time. 

My hot flashes have almost entirely stopped... YAY! And I'm not waking up drenched anymore, either. I haven't noticed any issues with moodiness, other than my depression taking a swing at me for a few weeks. . Let us know how you're feeling with the progesterone added in!

It's Friday, so that makes me happy. I'm in love, so that makes me happy. New Linden Home reveal today, so that makes me happy. I will be less happy if the surprise gets spoiled for me but I am purposely not looking at the LH section of the forums until I get home from work tonight and have a chance to get inworld and see them myself. 

So please no one spoil it for me!

Also excited for today's Lab Gab with Patch and the Moles.

Except they will definitely talk about the new homes. 

Crap.

• Like 5

I'm tired today, and it's my own fault because I stayed up entirely too late working on my Traditional (which I just got -- yay), then realized it was completely laid out horribly, and went to bed and couldn't stop my brain from thinking of all the different ways I could fix it.  So, barely over three hours of sleep later my alarm went off...

I'm also a bit out of sorts, because that exhaustion led to me responding to a thread that my husband started (on his cell, so he didn't leave enough info because he hates thumb typing -- why did the man not just wait until he got home???), and frankly my husband is an intelligent adult and can respond for himself, but NOOOOOooooo... wifey-poo has to go in and try to explain.  *facepalm*

So.  I'm sleepy, I'm out of sorts, I'm embarrassed, and I want to go home and hide forever.

Other than that I'm fine? 😳

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oh... I wonder how I would be right now if I hadn't started the estrogen and progesterone at the same time. 

My hot flashes have almost entirely stopped... YAY! And I'm not waking up drenched anymore, either. I haven't noticed any issues with moodiness, other than my depression taking a swing at me for a few weeks. . Let us know how you're feeling with the progesterone added in!

When I started the estrogen cream, I did also start taking a progesterone pill.  The doctor said that it was a requirement to take some progesterone when taking estrogen because estrogen alone will increase your chance of uterus cancer.  The progesterone basically puts the risk back to normal - whatever 'normal risk' is for you.

Not sure why the doctor decided to have progesterone added into the estrogen cream compound rather than increasing the dosage of my pill, but that was her preference.  

I'll definitely report back on the results.

• Thanks 1

It's Friday, so that makes me happy. I'm in love, so that makes me happy. New Linden Home reveal today, so that makes me happy. I will be less happy if the surprise gets spoiled for me but I am purposely not looking at the LH section of the forums until I get home from work tonight and have a chance to get inworld and see them myself. 

Whereas I am one of those that want everyone to post pictures since I may not be able to get inworld until late afternoon or early evening.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Beth Macbain and @LittleMe Jewell 

I went through menopause kind of early (was done at 47) with hardly any symptoms at all.  Never took any supplements at all. It's kind of hard to say.  I had only just found out that not only was I clinically depressed but that there was a treatment for it two years before, and I worked nights back then. I remember only one hot flash and just a gradual decline in the frequency and duration of menses.

• Like 3

Also do NOT go look at Patch's Flickr - there is a new pic that gives a more solid hint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not sure why the doctor decided to have progesterone added into the estrogen cream compound rather than increasing the dosage of my pill, but that was her preference.  

Oooooooh... interesting! I didn't realize that you were actually referring to a compounded estrogen cream. I wonder what the advantages vs. disadvantages are of the cream over the pills. I'm happy that things seem to be level for me, but when it comes to women and our hormones, they can go out of whack at any moment!

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Whereas I am one of those that want everyone to post pictures since I may not be able to get inworld until late afternoon or early evening.

I'm sure I'm going to hear what they are, but at least I've made it to the actual reveal day without a single clue. I haven't the foggiest notion of what they are and I'm thrilled... I love surprises!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.