How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

by the time it arrived this morning it was also missing satsumas, couscous, frozen carrots and something else. 

that's really rough Cindy, will you have enough to manage on? do you have people who can pick some things up for you?

when i had surgery, friends were willing to help but each of them went silent after the 2nd time so i'm going to wait before asking for any favours.

• Like 4

Just now, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

that's really rough Cindy, will you have enough to manage on? do you have people who can pick some things up for you?

when i had surgery, friends were willing to help but each of them went silent after the 2nd time so i'm going to wait before asking for any favours.

Yeah, I have got it covered.  I just, hmm you know, hate having to ask.  In years past I would have been the one runnning about making sure everyone else was covered.  The things I am missing this week I can get along without.  Important things like bread, milk and eggs arrived.  I just hope things don't get worse and next week everybody has real problems with staples.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Yeah, I have got it covered.  I just, hmm you know, hate having to ask.  In years past I would have been the one runnning about making sure everyone else was covered.  The things I am missing this week I can get along without.  Important things like bread, milk and eggs arrived.  I just hope things don't get worse and next week everybody has real problems with staples.  

Still no hug button but <hugs>  💔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Fingers crossed we're all ok.

Except me.  My fingers hurt like crazy today.  Between triggering fingers and arthritis, there are some days when even the thought of crossing my fingers is painful.

• Sad 7

I wish I could wrap @Cindy Evanierin a big 'ol hug. 

Everyone else, too, for that matter. Hugs are good.

I'm head-achy today. I don't have a headache yet but it's right there just waiting to blossom into a full on bucket of misery. I've preemptively taken some Tylenol but it's not eased that building pressure. I'll try some Sudafed next.  

I feel like this has been a really fricking long week. Does anyone else feel that way? Is it just the dread of having my blessed extra hour of sleep ripped away from me this weekend? 

I would really love a cranio-facial massage right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Except me.  My fingers hurt like crazy today.  Between triggering fingers and arthritis, there are some days when even the thought of crossing my fingers is painful.

Mine are better since I stopped working. Somewhere along the way I got in the habit of conveying support, good wishes, and hope to a friend about really important things like surgery and equal marriage legislation in the state where he lives by telling him "crossing all crossable body parts". Of course it's impossible to type like that, so I sort of guess he knows not to take me too literally. He's a very literal sort of chap though. For lesser things, it's just fingers, but not literally because how else would we type to each other? (Anyone who wants to contradict me on this is required to type their reply with their 1st and 2nd fingers crossed on each hand :) )

I hope yours give you some relief soon Rolig x

• Like 3

Thank you, Bitsy.  That's not likely.  I think I am in the game to the end. (Thank you for the fresh lady fingers, Maddy.  They were delicious.)  I take comfort in the fact that I finally have a legitimate excuse for being a lousy typist after all these years, and I can still cross my eyes for comic relief when the fingers are too annoying to bear silently.  Oh, and I have a fair reason for posting in this thread, although reminding myself that sore fingers are a small cross to bear relative to some people's troubles.

Forefinger over middle, Selene.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Left over right or right over left?

If you can figure out how to type legibly with the first two fingers on your left hand intertwined with your first two fingers on your right, post a video so we can put it on social media and be the next viral challenge.

4 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Dang! I’d have hung on until at least the third time, maybe even fourth!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I would really love a cranio-facial massage right now. 

The first time I had one of those was at the end of a full massage. It felt so good that I broke out in uncontrollable laughter. I couldn’t help myself. I actually began to feel very self-conscious about it. But the masseuse said “This happens a lot. Don’t worry.”

She got a great tip. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Thank you, Bitsy.  That's not likely.  I think I am in the game to the end. (Thank you for the fresh lady fingers, Maddy.  They were delicious.)  I take comfort in the fact that I finally have a legitimate excuse for being a lousy typist after all these years, and I can still cross my eyes for comic relief when the fingers are too annoying to bear silently.  Oh, and I have a fair reason for posting in this thread, although reminding myself that sore fingers are a small cross to bear relative to some people's troubles.

Forefinger over middle, Selene.

Ah! Left over right.

Should I remind her I'm left handed?

3 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

If you can figure out how to type legibly with the first two fingers on your left hand intertwined with your first two fingers on your right, post a video so we can put it on social media and be the next viral challenge.

Oh so you mean fingers on both hands entwined with fingers on both hands.

No one can type like that. Unless you take a really, really long time and use just one finger. My pinkies aren't that strong any more.

I have arthritis in my fingers but they aren't fused to the other hand.

I've seen people with really bad RA but I've never seen anyone whose hands/fingers were stuck together like that.

I've got the feeling I'm either missing something or my imagination is working overtime.

Feeling a bit betrayed by some of the medical staff at cancer center...My rl husband who is a 5 year cancer survivor   colon cancer ,,,,,  he had his 4th lung resection on Jan 29 of this  year    they thought it was going to be done befor christmas but the pet scan showed some abnormal stuff and they needed to clarify ,,,, anyway  the surgery went fine  he was doing great wed through friday ,,,, but our surgon was off over that weekend and there was the on call dr ,,,, so the on call dr decided to clamp the chest tube and did not reduce the iv fluids and in fact the one nurse  said  hubby needed more as his electrolights were off ,,,,, fast forward  my husband kept  telling the night nurse he could not breath ,,, apparently she said she called the physican assistant who she said refused to come in  ,,,, so monday feb 3  they moved my husband to icu ,,,, i was told he had accute respitory  distress syndrome and it was serious and could die ,,,, which he almost did ,,,, They put him on high flow  and told me if he got worse he would have to be vented/intabated ,,,,,, .... so two weeks in icu  using  very high flow   after a few days he was down to using only 12 liters of oxygen  ,,,,,he was then moved after 2 weeks in icu to step down where he was using 8 to 10 liters  ,,,, and after a week in step down he was transported to holy redeemer tranitional care unit for lung rehab ,by ambulande ,,,, ,,,,, he was there from the 21 of feb  till yesterday ,,,,,, we still have to stay in   philly for out patient rehab for his lungs and he is on oygen  times five liters and  sitting 3 liters ,   we have  the oygennater and canisters of oygen and for now  he most of the time has to use wheel chair  fue to low endurance  from the ards    ,,,,, he has to build up his endurance so ,,,,, but my point is  the  ones who refused to listen to him and ,,,,, now will  be here    out of  our home state  another month or more  ,,, when he was in ICU i slept every night at the hospitol i refused to leave his side ,,,,, why i have not logged in since the 2nd of feb ,,... My husband two days  prior to going to icu  he and the iv pole  walked with the nurse aid and transprt guy to the next floor for his x ray and we thought monday dischared but instead  on monday  he almost died ,,,,, due to the nurse  who took her good ole time in calling the the physican asistant who refused to come in  or call the on call dr ,,,,  ,,,, i do not blame the cancer center or the rest of the good nurses or drs ,,,,,, had she done her job and the pysican assisitant come in ,,,,, it could have been avioded ,,,,,  but I am Gratefull  to GOd  for keeping my husband  alive ,,,,, and i am trying hard to forgive and not feel betrayed by som e of the staff at the cancer center ,,  hubby  now can walk like to the bath room but he still has hard time breathing even with the oxygen and now he has to use a wheel chair where befor the accute respitory syndrom  he was walking    etc ,,,,, so they said this will take time to heal ,,,,, but   A R D S , i would not wish that on anyone and  seeing your husband almost die before  your eyes when it could have been prevented ,,,,,,,,, hugs to all and please keep us in your prayers as we go through this ,,,, 

Edited by roseelvira
spelling and crying as i write
  • Like 1
  • Sad 14

39 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Feeling a bit betrayed by some of the medical staff at cancer center...My rl husband who is a 5 year cancer survivor   colon cancer ,,,,,  he had his 4th lung resection on Jan 29 of this  year    they thought it was going to be done befor christmas but the pet scan showed some abnormal stuff and they needed to clarify ,,,, anyway  the surgery went fine  he was doing great wed through friday ,,,, but our surgon was off over that weekend and there was the on call dr ,,,, so the on call dr decided to clamp the chest tube and did not reduce the iv fluids and in fact the one nurse  said  hubby needed more as his electrolights were off ,,,,, fast forward  my husband kept  telling the night nurse he could not breath ,,, apparently she said she called the physican assistant who she said refused to come in  ,,,, so monday feb 3  they moved my husband to icu ,,,, i was told he had accute respitory  distress syndrome and it was serious and could die ,,,, which he almost did ,,,, They put him on high flow  and told me if he got worse he would have to be vented/intabated ,,,,,, .... so two weeks in icu  using  very high flow   after a few days he was down to using only 12 liters of oxygen  ,,,,,he was then moved after 2 weeks in icu to step down where he was using 8 to 10 liters  ,,,, and after a week in step down he was transported to holy redeemer tranitional care unit for lung rehab ,by ambulande ,,,, ,,,,, he was there from the 21 of feb  till yesterday ,,,,,, we still have to stay in   philly for out patient rehab for his lungs and he is on oygen  times five liters and  sitting 3 liters ,   we have  the oygennater and canisters of oygen and for now  he most of the time has to use wheel chair  fue to low endurance  from the ards    ,,,,, he has to build up his endurance so ,,,,, but my point is  the  ones who refused to listen to him and ,,,,, now will  be here    out of  our home state  another month or more  ,,, when he was in ICU i slept every night at the hospitol i refused to leave his side ,,,,, why i have not logged in since the 2nd of feb ,,... My husband two days  prior to going to icu  he and the iv pole  walked with the nurse aid and transprt guy to the next floor for his x ray and we thought monday dischared but instead  on monday  he almost died ,,,,, due to the nurse  who took her good ole time in calling the the physican asistant who refused to come in  or call the on call dr ,,,,  ,,,, i do not blame the cancer center or the rest of the good nurses or drs ,,,,,, had she done her job and the pysican assisitant come in ,,,,, it could have been avioded ,,,,,  but I am Gratefull  to GOd  for keeping my husband  alive ,,,,, and i am trying hard to forgive and not feel betrayed by som e of the staff at the cancer center ,,  hubby  now can walk like to the bath room but he still has hard time breathing even with the oxygen and now he has to use a wheel chair where befor the accute respitory syndrom  he was walking    etc ,,,,, so they said this will take time to heal ,,,,, but   A R D S , i would not wish that on anyone and  seeing your husband almost die before  your eyes when it could have been prevented ,,,,,,,,, hugs to all and please keep us in your prayers as we go through this ,,,, 

I am so sorry Rose. Yes, on top of everything it seems so cruel to be ignored by the people you are supposed to be able to count on. I pray your husband will continue to recover and that you can get some much needed rest. <hugs> ♥️ 

• Like 5

Rose I m glad you now feel up to sharing your problems publically in our thread.  (we had been chatting privately for months)   You know you have my love and huge hugs.   This thread has been a huge strength to me and I know it will be for you too.  We are all here for each other  (well most of us)  so please keep coming back to vent and look after you because we sometimes raise a laugh in here too or at least a smile.

[more proof we need that hug reaction]

• Like 6

It's Friday, so I'm pretty yay about that, but my younger son just broke up with his girlfriend and I feel like I'm unreasonably sad.  It's not as if I didn't see it coming at some point if for no other reason than they're seventeen, and there were certainly other factors in play (their relationship dynamic wasn't always the best, and I do support my son's decision)... but dangit, I like her, and I hurt for her.  She adored him.  Every day he was at the hospital during his recent stay, she'd text him good morning and goodnight, even though she knew he wouldn't see her messages.  She's fun, brilliant, snarky, and everything I would have wanted in a daughter if I'd had one of my own.

My heart's just breaking.  It's not my relationship, and she's not my child, but my stupid eyes keep leaking.  Dratted hormones.

• Sad 7

@roseelvira  I'm so sorry that you and your husband have been through this pain and distress.  What dreadful neglect.   I do hope he regains his ability to walk.

@Ajay McDowwll  You've got a good young friend there.  She will appreciate your support.

As for me, I got to the dentist and am hopeful of a referral in April.  I'm still astonished that the pain went down and think I might have had some sort of sinus infection.  Anyway it still needs treating.  It's been a beautiful day, sunny and not as chilly as of late.  While I was in town I got a book out from the library, gave some money to Marie Curie, admired the crocuses in the churchyard and spent some minutes sitting in a sunny patch inside the lovely old church here.  There's no chance I can see of regaining my faith but I do appreciate the peace and beauty, plus I saw there's a concert coming up there in a few weeks, which will be enjoyable.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, roseelvira said:

Such a lot for you all to be going through, exacerbated by the weakest link in the chain of care, which is extra sad to read about, but happens all too often unfortunately.

I am so glad you felt able to share this with us here on this safe and supportive thread. My heart goes out to you, you and your husband are going through so much, and are stronger than you realise. 

As has been mentioned before, take care of yourself, rest when you can, to keep your strength and energy levels up, and I send you and your husband my very best thoughts and wishes for as best recovery as possible. 

Edited by Marigold Devin

33 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

admired the crocuses in the churchyard and spent some minutes sitting in a sunny patch inside the lovely old church here. 

That sort of thing is what keeps me going.  It sounds like tomorrow will be sunny and warm(er) ish  too.  I plan on sitting in my garden and looking at my crocuses too.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.