How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Hi all -

I appreciate your feelings regarding either leaving this thread as is, locking it, or having it deleted. There are lots of reasons I think this thread's time has come. It's not related to one single incident or one single person. It started with some using this thread to post their "feelings" about "situations" that were really just digs at other people. Then there was that wall of COVID whatever it was. Though I really just skimmed it, it was clear enough that it wasn't appropriate for this thread. The attitude when I asked for it to be removed, or posted in the appropriate thread, was basically "f**k you", followed by others trying to redefine what the thread is. Then we had yesterday's visit from someone's sock puppet. Lastly, there is a post in another thread from yesterday linking to here that is basically an invitation for people to troll this thread. 

I get that I rub some people the wrong way -- or even a lot of people the wrong way. Yes, I'm blunt, and opinionated, and use way too many words, and as someone put it in a private message to me a couple days again, I do "like to go on tears".

But, no, I won't be a good girl and keep my mouth shut when someone behaves in a way that I believe is misogynistic. The truth is that by saying, "hey, that wasn't okay to do" to someone, two of us put targets on our backs for speaking up.

That leads to this thread - the sock puppets trying to disrupt things, and linking to this thread to encourage abuse, is related to me and the fact that I'm the person that started this thread. 

I can absolutely abandon it and hope that without me, it can get back to what it once was. 

The part of me that is angry and hurt - not that someone is pissed at me, but that they're using that to ruin this thread for everyone - is the part that wants this thread locked and/or deleted. I admit that it's petty - You want to ruin my thread? Fine. I'll just make it disappear. 

And even though that's petty, it may be best for the people who need and want this thread, or this type of thread, to continue, is to make this one go away and let someone else start another one that I won't touch. Due to my tendency to go on, and on, and on, and on, going back to blogging is probably the wisest decision for me personally. Leaving you guys to do things your way is better for all of you, and probably me as well.

So, no, I'm not withdrawing my request to have this thread removed. I hope you understand my reasons, or even if you don't understand, respect them. 

Thank you for reading another long-winded pile of poo from me. I'll try to make this the last one. 

B.

Translation: Boo hoo, poor me me me me me meeeeeeeee. Girl bye.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh! "I remember seeing it but gosh have no record of it!" And yes, I'll deny it because that isn't my style, unless you're taking a quip waaaay out of context. But I'm not going to go into a battle of wits with an unequipped opponent. 

Oh we can play that game if you want. But you KNOW you said it and so do I and probably others too.  But let's keep pretending , it was probably just another 'stabby' day for ya. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.