SL's most exclusive club

choobaloo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, choobaloo said:

There is a club on SL so exclusive that you have to pay 1,000L to enter an assessment sim, where your avatar will be screened and either accepted or ejected. 

If accepted, you pay another 10,000L and are given access to the actual club sim. 

I was wondering, does anyone know the place I'm talking about, and did you ever get in?

I doubt there is anyone there, except the owner's alts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, choobaloo said:

There is a club on SL so exclusive that you have to pay 1,000L to enter an assessment sim, where your avatar will be screened and either accepted or ejected. 

If accepted, you pay another 10,000L and are given access to the actual club sim. 

I was wondering, does anyone know the place I'm talking about, and did you ever get in?

IIRC there was one in SL early on which the Linden guy (The one that told me about SL) happen to land there to check some technical thing with the island. The club's owner had a cow he got there without paying the "membership fee." The club was renting the island from one of the major land owners in SL and they were the ones that lodged a ticket to check an issue with one of the servers. Ironically the same "exclusive" club required their DJs to pay the "membership" fee too. :ph34r:

Anyway they would have to pay me 10kL to come!

• Like 4

I did hear about a Swingers Club where you were invited to join after your Avi was approved, but I don't know if it costs money.

Honestly I don't.  Really. Just what I was told.......I'm  not a swinger, for the avoidance of doubt......🤔😛

Edited by BelindaN
  • Haha 4

*plum in mouth/l0.0ks over glasses with an eyebrow raised: Ahem.. "One rests assured that THE most exclusive club, which was derided by many a here today/gone tomorrow forum trolls, was/is invite only, and so it shall remain". *huffs. "You may press the enter key now James". *flounces off.

Edited by Maryanne Solo
Added more plum.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

After one hour of peeking into Tequis Lounge, when it once was open for public, i knew i never would pay for something like this.
While the club itself indeed was an eyecandy, and all the avatars were covered in fancy mesh from top to the toes, nothing happened. Not even when me and my friend tried to spark off a conversation in main chat. Silence like being in a grave.
But maybe i just took it wrong. Maybe its a place for mannequins/display dummies.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10,000 ?  pfft!

i know a exclusive SL club that costs L$100,000 to join. Is the most serene and blissful club in all the history of SL. You never get any notices about anything, or get inconsiderate people (like none people) in the group chat ever. Annd you never get invited to any places (like never) so not to break your serenity and bliss moments when you wear your club tag

just IM me and I will send you an exclusive invite. Annndd for super fabulously exclusive people who know the really truly value of super serenity and totes bliss there is a special invite for only L$1,000,000. I won't even talk to you when you join for this much ok

😸

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

So... no one knows of this secret, ultra-exclusive mystery club, huh? It's almost as if it doesn't exist!

However, I belong to quite a few clubs that do require either a hefty membership fee and/or an interview. I'm going to assume we're talking about an adult club, if it exists, and those are the ones I'm talking about. I'm going to play devil's advocate here because when I was a participating member of those types of activities, I sought out the clubs and groups that specifically weren't free or required an interview before membership was granted.

I was looking for one thing, and one thing only, and I had a very specific type that I was looking for. That type isn't found at the free adult places. That sounds snobby, but... there it is. The higher the membership fee, the more likely an avatar is to be well put together, updated, attractive, and capable. There are incredible, amazing, lovely, intelligent, funny, fabulous people for whom having an updated avatar just isn't a priority, and that's awesome, but that wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted the visual titillation along with the ability to string words together in an erotic manner at a level much higher than the standard doofus you find wandering around the free places in a naked standard body with an enormously out of proportion, mismatched, discolored freenis. 

I was paying to have those guys weeded out for me before I even started looking for a partner for the evening. It wasn't a perfect system by any means, and having an avatar that suited my personal tastes certainly didn't guarantee that the guy wasn't an ass or an idiot. 

I was excellent at what I did and I expected my partners to have the same level of expertise. When that is the particular thing you're looking for, the paid clubs help with the vetting process. 

These clubs also aren't cheap to run. Not only do most of them have their own region, they are impeccably designed and have to be constantly updated with the latest and greatest adult furnishings and decor. Pose balls are not acceptable, and the better made items can cost thousands, especially now when a single chair is expected to be Bento, Aeros, and It's Not Mine compatible at the very least. The membership fees help offset those costs. 

Mind you, I fell head over heels in love with a man wearing the same avatar he was SL born with and he's flawless in my eyes. 🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

After one hour of peeking into Tequis Lounge, when it once was open for public, i knew i never would pay for something like this.
While the club itself indeed was an eyecandy, and all the avatars were covered in fancy mesh from top to the toes, nothing happened. Not even when me and my friend tried to spark off a conversation in main chat. Silence like being in a grave.
But maybe i just took it wrong. Maybe its a place for mannequins/display dummies.

Sounds like Frank's Elite. If you aren't part of the clique, you're ignored.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Sounds like Frank's Elite. If you aren't part of the clique, you're ignored.

No... Teqi's exists for one very specific purpose and the quiet in the club just means that there is a lot happening in IM. You go there, you stand around and look at everyone else, read profiles, then go in for the approach in IM. A lot of chatter in local would disturb the... er... well, rhythm, I suppose. 😝

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

So... no one knows of this secret, ultra-exclusive mystery club, huh? It's almost as if it doesn't exist!

There’s a couple like this. One is a super secret cabal of creators that hang out together, smack talk other creators, etc, etc be shady-shades in general.

The other one is a super exclusive sexi-time club.....where they also hang out together smack talk each other, etc, etc be general shadi-shades.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was looking for one thing, and one thing only, and I had a very specific type that I was looking for. That type isn't found at the free adult places. That sounds snobby, but... there it is. The higher the membership fee, the more likely an avatar is to be well put together, updated, attractive, and capable. There are incredible, amazing, lovely, intelligent, funny, fabulous people for whom having an updated avatar just isn't a priority, and that's awesome, but that wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted the visual titillation along with the ability to string words together in an erotic manner at a level much higher than the standard doofus you find wandering around the free places in a naked standard body with an enormously out of proportion, mismatched, discolored freenis.

I mean, you say that, but having a nice-looking avatar and lots of disposable income isn't even remotely a guarantee for having the gift of words. If anything I find that the best writers are the most likely to wear bad avatars. It feels like the two rarely overlap... people tend to be either visual or verbal creatures, in my experience. (and the rare unicorns are usually found by chance, never when you're actively looking for them)

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.