SL's most exclusive club

choobaloo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

I mean, you say that, but having a nice-looking avatar and lots of disposable income isn't even remotely a guarantee for having the gift of words. If anything I find that the best writers are the most likely to wear bad avatars. It feels like the two rarely overlap... people tend to be either visual or verbal creatures, in my experience. (and the rare unicorns are usually found by chance, never when you're actively looking for them)

See the piece below:

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

It wasn't a perfect system by any means, and having an avatar that suited my personal tastes certainly didn't guarantee that the guy wasn't an ass or an idiot. 

I settled for nothing less than the unicorns, and was able to find them. Not vast herds of them, but enough to keep me happy for a while. Not a single one of them came from a free place, though. And in the paid places, even if they weren't unicorns, at least they were pretty to look at. 

Rarely do the two overlap, but on the rare occasion that they do, it's divine.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

I mean, you say that, but having a nice-looking avatar and lots of disposable income isn't even remotely a guarantee for having the gift of words.

Talk to them?

We're supposed to talk to people?

I thought the whole point was just to hop on poseballs and take screenshots...

... there are actually venues I'll go to where yeah - the last thing I want to do is talk to any of those jerks, I just want some poseballs ...

And then there are places I want conversation at - but all people do is IM; so I leave and go to the poseball joint instead because... what's the point of the first place, I can IM from my skybox at 4090m up on an empty sim...

I actually paid $2500L to get into one of those exclusive places ages ago... and people just IM... so... what am I doing in there? (at least the price says 2500 right now, I could swear it was 5000 when I joined but memory may be off).

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

No, I wouldn't pay to join an SL club.  I get cranky when I have to pay for a gym membership (all I really want access to is the recumbent bike & resistance weights)- cause I'm not really enjoying the side "perks" of listening to the weightlifting bodybuilders grunt and preen in front of the wall of mirrors.  I tend to think a lot of the clubs in SL are exactly the same.  People standing around flexing, ogling themselves, not having conversations in local.  Just a bunch of canned emotes and hostesses gesturbating for tips.  

I can stand on my platform and listen to youtube for free.  If I want to people watch I go to shopping events or to live musician concerts.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

No, I wouldn't pay to join an SL club.  I get cranky when I have to pay for a gym membership (all I really want access to is the recumbent bike & resistance weights)- cause I'm not really enjoying the side "perks" of listening to the weightlifting bodybuilders grunt and preen in front of the wall of mirrors.  I tend to think a lot of the clubs in SL are exactly the same.  People standing around flexing, ogling themselves, not having conversations in local.  Just a bunch of canned emotes and hostesses gesturbating for tips.  

I can stand on my platform and listen to youtube for free.  If I want to people watch I go to shopping events or to live musician concerts.  

At my club which a friend is taking over for me --- it's mostly live performers there and the only "hostesses" are one of the owners - me or my friend. I might post once during the hour to "Keep live music in SL --- Tip Joe blow" and that's it.  As for the club's tip jar, I don't beg people to dump lindens in it. If someone askes in local chat "Where's the club tip jar?" I tell them where it's at.  One thing I do hate is when a performer's tip jar spams chat, especially non-stop. I PM the performer to disable that or make it once per hour. I find that stuff annoying.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tipping will always be controversial within SL, because SL is made up of residents from vastly different “tipping cultures”.

Still, many places in SL tend to over-do tip-spams or have too many staffers on the floor each independently tip-spamming.

I look at tipping as a reward for service; people who stay active and involved get tipped. A.F.K. “Hosts” or staffers who bring drama to their own events; not so much.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29df506c93fcd84b1b76

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AmandaKeen said:

Tipping will always be controversial within SL, because SL is made up of residents from vastly different “tipping cultures”.

Still, many places in SL tend to over-do tip-spams or have too many staffers on the floor each independently tip-spamming.

Don't forget clubs that have like 286 managers too. Drama city!

• Like 1

I admit I met @Orwar hosting however I don't think I actually ever bother him or few other people from forum to actually to come to my host sets, not sure if I actually invited them or set them mass chat as I know for sure never done the mass tp; hell when not working or working I have teleport requests on reject because that is annoying and have conference chats on reject too. 

I have in my picks when I work and where; however up to you if you want visit; as won't hold gun to your head say visit me at work! LOL :D 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.