SL's most exclusive club

choobaloo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a club on SL so exclusive that you have to pay 1,000L to enter an assessment sim, where your avatar will be screened and either accepted or ejected. 

If accepted, you pay another 10,000L and are given access to the actual club sim. 

I was wondering, does anyone know the place I'm talking about, and did you ever get in?

• Haha 9

I bet that's where the owner stores her/his alts

Then again, there are some "clubs" (I couldn't possibly use that term more loosely), groups and other sims that people pay for access to and they think makes it exclusive, awesome, amazing, well made, well run, and a host of other...word salad. 

To most others, however, it probably means you've got more pocket lindens than good sense

But, 'tis their money, and I prefer not to judge them about what they spend their pocket lindens on, I waste mine on pixel animals.. so I try not to judge people's spending (I just snicker when others do)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

That is an amazingly optimistic stance for any SL club to take.

On the other hand, there's a sucker born every minute, and you only have to find a couple to make it worthwhile. Maybe the owner is a Nigerian prince?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Don't they have scads of money to give away?

My Nigerian prince keeps promising me millions of dollars.

And then there are the "cops" and "lawyers" and "investigators" who try to claim they are going to put me in jail for debts owed. Debts I never owed to begin with, on top of the fact that in the US you can't be jailed for debt without being first sentenced to serve time by a court judge in a courtroom.

I wish they would make up my mind so I'd know if I'm filthy rich or dirt poor.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

A club like that is clearly nothing to do with the experience of being there, and everything to do with the feeling of superiority. You can spend the entire time there just sitting in the bog, it doesn't matter. The point is just to be seen going in there.

11,000L is about £27, or $35. Stupid amount for entering a virtual club that has nothing you couldn't find for free anywhere else, but you generally need far, far more than that to enter a glittering RL paradise of designer clothes, Mayfair clubs and Harley Street liposuction. If all you want is to fulfil your fantasy of being richer and more beautiful than everyone else, it's a pretty cheap price. Especially since everyone knows you're just sitting at a laptop at home with no makeup and unwashed hair, wearing a cardigan with ketchup on it like everybody else. You get to pretend you're a cut above, the hoi polloi get to laugh at you. Win win.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

Especially since everyone knows you're just sitting at a laptop at home with no makeup and unwashed hair, wearing a cardigan with ketchup on it like everybody else. 

I'll have you know I am at a pc, with pac-man pj pants, a mr potato head shirt and that's bbq sauce, I think 😛

:D

I'm waiting for lunch lmao 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Especially since everyone knows you're just sitting at a laptop at home with no makeup and unwashed hair, wearing a cardigan with ketchup on it like everybody else.

/me looks alarmed, and hurriedly applies masking tape to her web cam

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

And I thought Frank's Place was too expensive!

I would be cautious about trying to join such a group.  It's been known for people to form groups whose sole purpose is to extract money from others.  You pay a huge joining fee, and then you get ejected from the group.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I would be cautious about trying to join such a group.  It's been known for people to form groups whose sole purpose is to extract money from others.  You pay a huge joining fee, and then you get ejected from the group.

Whatever else you do, do not hand the keys for your Bentley to their valet service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I'll have you know I am at a pc, with pac-man pj pants, a mr potato head shirt and that's bbq sauce, I think 😛

Oh, sorry. Although I just sniffed my own cardigan, and actually I think that's sweet chilli sauce, so obviously I am better than you.

In RL, I'm actually about to hit the Buy button on a purchase at John Lewis, don't yew know. It would be enough to buy me two memberships of whatever this prat's paradise is called (assuming my avatar passed muster, and to be fair she wouldn't because she looks like crap right now), so on one level it's killing me, but on the other, I really need some new pyjamas. Then I can just fray them a bit, dip them in the condiment cupboard and I'm ready to join the beautiful digital people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, choobaloo said:

There is a club on SL so exclusive that you have to pay 1,000L to enter an assessment sim, where your avatar will be screened and either accepted or ejected. 

If accepted, you pay another 10,000L and are given access to the actual club sim. 

I was wondering, does anyone know the place I'm talking about, and did you ever get in?

Never heard of it. Is it new? I would never pay that amount of money to get into a sim, pffft!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

A club like that is clearly nothing to do with the experience of being there, and everything to do with the feeling of superiority. You can spend the entire time there just sitting in the bog, it doesn't matter. The point is just to be seen going in there.

11,000L is about £27, or $35. Stupid amount for entering a virtual club that has nothing you couldn't find for free anywhere else, but you generally need far, far more than that to enter a glittering RL paradise of designer clothes, Mayfair clubs and Harley Street liposuction. If all you want is to fulfil your fantasy of being richer and more beautiful than everyone else, it's a pretty cheap price. Especially since everyone knows you're just sitting at a laptop at home with no makeup and unwashed hair, wearing a cardigan with ketchup on it like everybody else. You get to pretend you're a cut above, the hoi polloi get to laugh at you. Win win.

Delusions of grandeur.

I don't even own a cardigan. :|

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Delusions of grandeur.

I don't even own a cardigan. :|

"I have to see this play. I have to be seen seeing this play. If I'm not seen seeing this play, you see...." - Niles Crane.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
Typoo.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, choobaloo said:

I can make a club with a 100,000L entrance fee if anybody is interested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.