What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I think I know, but since I don't know for sure (and Google didn't cooperate by agreeing with me) I'll go with what I'm sure it's not: Fried Green Snakes or Fetid Goose Slime. It could legitimately be the Florida Geological Survey, but I doubt that's what was meant here. At least I've narrowed the possibilities down by a tiny fraction of a percent.

Oh GGG.

Good Gosh Gertrude.

Yeah, it does tend to make people do a double take.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, janetosilio said:

“I see you’re busy/occupied/don’t feel like talking”

-from a person that takes 5-10 to respond. Every. Single. Time. When you go afk one time.

This but regardless of the context. It's one of those things that really sets me off.

Let's call a spade a spade; it's gaslighting. It's trying to spin some worthless piece of garbage's dissatisfaction with your response times into something that you are to blame for. Not only is that appalling, but this is how abuse starts. It's petty and controlling over something that doesn't matter, and things only ever get worse from there. It's not okay, and this behaviour needs to be shut down as a matter of urgency.

If you're reading this and are one of those people that say this stuff; you're a piece of filth and I hope you get hit by a car, it would make the world a better (and safer) place.

Like god damn this makes me unreasonably angry.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mahala Roviana said:

Today's peeve? People who ask for advice, then argue relentlessly with every suggestion that is offered. 

A variation - seen in the Second Life Viewer subforum - ranting about a supposed malfunction in the viewer code, having said "malfunction" explained as not actually being a thing (even going so far as to demonstrate this) and having it pushed away/hand waved/ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative the OP/Poster is trying to set up.

• Like 2

In today's episode of "50 reasons why Ayela hates fatpacks";

If you're putting a product forward for a sale event which comes with price expectations (eg 50L Fridays), make sure the advert you distribute for the sale can actually be bought in that sale. If you're going to hide the good variations in the fatpack, fine; just do not advertise that pattern as if it was in the sale.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Petty like going to someone's blog and making anonymous death threats? Or petty like going to their Flickr and making comments on their photos accusing them of being racist plantation owners and worse? Or petty like wishing others would get raped and murdered? Just trying to gauge what level of pettiness we're talking about here...

Lol

11 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

A variation - seen in the Second Life Viewer subforum - ranting about a supposed malfunction in the viewer code, having said "malfunction" explained as not actually being a thing (even going so far as to demonstrate this) and having it pushed away/hand waved/ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative the OP/Poster is trying to set up.

*raises my hand* Oooh!! Oooh! I know who this is!!!! Pick me, Pick me!!!!

On 2/13/2020 at 4:36 PM, kali Wylder said:

I have a new peeve!  Earlier I was forced to google an obscure(to me) reference to some popular main stream television show.  I don't watch much in the way of popular main stream television.  I prefer the offbeat obscure gems that I sometimes get addicted to.  I hate being reminded of how weird I am! The only thing I hate more than that is re-discovering the fact that I'm not all that different. 

I wanna be special!

Well, the reference might have been to the books by Douglas Adams, or the BBC radio show (which I still consider the definitive Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!) or the movie.  I mean, HHG has been everywhere!  How could you possibly have missed it?

Do check out the BBC radio version!

40 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, the reference might have been to the books by Douglas Adams, or the BBC radio show (which I still consider the definitive Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!) or the movie.  I mean, HHG has been everywhere!  How could you possibly have missed it?

Um... in the US the movie came first. If there is a tv series and it has aired in the US, it likely aired on BBC America when I didn't have access to BBC Am.What I'm saying is, if it weren't for the movie, I would never had heard of Hitchhiker's Guide. Well... until now.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

My first exposure to it was the BBC TV show, which aired here on TVO (our provincial equivalent of PBS) when I was in my early teens, I think. That led me to the books, and then to the radio play.

I guess your first one is always special: the movie was ok (Alan Rickman as Marvin!), but for me Simon Jones will always be the real Arthur Dent (as well as Bridey from Brideshead Revisited).

• Like 2

Peeves today:

The grey cat from a couple roads over or so that keeps taunting my fat cat. It's mostly only because I keep hearing weird noises only to realize it's him pawing on a window. He's behind the vertical blinds, in the lower sill, behind a box, and the noise echos weird from there......And also his owners for letting him be an outdoor kitty, it's not safe :(

uCertify, because their tech team sucks donkey nuts and apparently needed (and needs) to be told, repeatedly, that whatever server is hosting their assets is throwing errors and has been doing so for almost four weeks now. I got an auto-response, yesterday (around 2am, definitely out of their business hours) from an inquiry made two weeks ago.

It, obviously, doesn't address the issue, even remotely, and it has a lot of spelling errors too.................................

That apparently had to go on its own line, lmao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.