What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Conall DeCuir said:

Women who IM me with a "hi" and find it impolite when i response "hi, what can i do for you?"Ā šŸ™„

Wow! I'd be happy if you even responded! Many like to ignore other residents. It seems to get worse as the years go by. As for the trumpian p grab mentioned in another response, that's why I wear a p-guard!Ā šŸ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Another one, Skin creators who charge the same price you would pay for say a fatpack of jeans or a shirt, on a head. Like why not put both body and head in, and charge that price for the individual tone packs? Not for just a head.

I hear you.Ā  It used to be you had to pay that much for a quality skin.Ā  Now you have to pay it twice, once for the body and once for the head.

• Like 3

Ā Ā  Two things.

Ā Ā  Thing one: Yes it's very cool how you can use materials to make shiny clothing. But please, If I really like the pattern and the color, but don't happen to want to be wearing vinyl clothing, include a HUD I can use to adjust the materials settings... please.

Ā Ā  Thing two: Guys (or anyone I suppose) who, because my house is on adult land, and I happen to be inside, wearing nothing, and even though all the doors are closed, decide it's ok to pop right in, beside me, wearing nothing and rampant. And then curse me out in an ego-rage when they are ejected, banned, and blacklisted. Seriously? You just asked for all of that.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I just bought a new BOM skin for my new LeLutka head and I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find the single system layer skin fit both body and head.Ā  I'm not sure if it is OK to name the place but the initials are A m a r a B e a u t y .... >.>

I believe it's the talking smack with naming and shaming thing isn't allowed, which is clearly not the case here.

That store sure has some nice looking skins, but don't tell my alt that.

• Like 1

Ā  Ā DJs who incessantly spam noisy gestures to the point that you can barely hear the music - and clubs that have the landing point set 120 meters from the stage/dance floor in the middle of a shopping district. Yeah, I get it, you want cash flow to keep the club running, but perhaps with a bit of quality rather than turning it into a consumerist freak show, and with music to listen to rather than some juvenile, high-pitched 'omg I smƶk weed lololol' spam, people might actually want to visit the place for the sake of the venue - also if you're only using 1/8th of the land mass to accommodate the club, why not just trim the fat and get a smaller plot of land rather than filling it to the brim with useless, second rate junk; it's not like I'm going to go there to browse for new sculptie shoesĀ or prim motorbikes.Ā 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Ā Ā  Thing two: Guys (or anyone I suppose) who, because my house is on adult land, and I happen to be inside, wearing nothing, and even though all the doors are closed, decide it's ok to pop right in, beside me, wearing nothing and rampant. And then curse me out in an ego-rage when they are ejected, banned, and blacklisted. Seriously? You just asked for all of that.

Doesnā€™t even have to be adult land for this to happen. It happens on mature land too.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Orwar said:

also if you're only using 1/8th of the land mass to accommodate the club, why not just trim the fat and get a smaller plot of land

They're in a rough spot here.

If you were on an estate renting some land and 1/8 of it got rented to a club that for 2-8 hours a day had 10-30 avatars hanging out on it... would you stay?

And what if you were that club and 1/8th of the remaining lad got rented to another club (which has actually happened to places I used to frequent)...

So they rent the whole region...

But they can't pay for it because clubs don't actually generate revenue...

Ā 

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

They're in a rough spot here.

If you were on an estate renting some land and 1/8 of it got rented to a club that for 2-8 hours a day had 10-30 avatars hanging out on it... would you stay?

And what if you were that club and 1/8th of the remaining lad got rented to another club (which has actually happened to places I used to frequent)...

So they rent the whole region...

But they can't pay for it because clubs don't actually generate revenue...

Ā  Ā There is no shortage of land that you can rent that is made with commercial and social business in mind, and you're not going to save your region-spanning business by renting out the majority of your land to shops that probably won't earn very much from having a stall there either. I wouldn't want toĀ liveĀ in a region that has that kind of traffic, but if it's in the same region as my store I don't really care. Besides, there's plenty of space on the continents that you can buy for cheap, that has little to no disturbances around them.

Ā  Ā And if a second club opens across the street? Well, if they're leeching customers from you, that's probably because your club isn't appealing enough - and if it causes issues with the region getting full, well, they're going to have as much trouble with that as you are; opening a club in the same region as there already is one is a bad move, and if someone happens to be too stupid to realize that, they'll just have to find out how restrictive that would be on their own.

Ā  Ā Clubs can generate revenue - the ones I've worked at always have, even if it's seldom enough on its own to pay for a half or quarter region. There are just too many clubs on the grid, and the vast majority of them are playing the same darned playlists they played 15 years ago, with occasional additions from newer music. Just search for 'Rock Club' and you'll find a ton of them, many already left for dead.

Ā  Ā You can get a 1/8th commercial region rental with 2,500-3,000 prims for around L$2,000 per week, that's more than enough space and prims to accommodate a club (and not having too many prims is probably a good thing, as much too many use it up with laggy junk that no one ever uses or looks at, which is bad for the club experience) - and I've earned that kind of L$ in tips just hosting a double-set on a Friday night in a small club. If you have a good staff and build a good reputation, which is the iffy bit, that should have no trouble going around eventually. But having 100+ ad boards in your club, plus dozens of stalls and small shops, most of which will be offline or empty (and just make your place look dead), and the rest of them having much too high resolution adverts and a bunch of scripts, adding unnecessaryĀ lag, to keep your full region going, is probably not the best way to save your business.

Ā  Ā You shouldn't start a club with the expectation of swimming in L$ though, it takes time and effort to get it going; but if you just keep trying and keep failing, chances are you're doing something wrong.

• Like 4

On 7/12/2019 at 5:13 PM, Orwar said:

Ā Ā  I know this suggestion might be like, completely out of place - but perhaps if we stopped demonizing men as 'wild beasts' and 'brutes' in media, saying no wouldn't be quite so scary?

Media doesn't DO ENOUGH

No one should have to do the home work for you but

Raelynn Vincent, 22, a cat-calling man stopped his car and punched Raelynn in the face, breaking her jaw for nor responding to the cat calls

Andrea Farrington, 20, turned down a security guard who was interested in her, and he shot her 3x in the back while she was work just days before her 21st bday

Paris Sashay 23, a group of strange men followed and harassed her and her sister, when they rejected the men, Paris was pushed to the ground, lost consciousness, and woke up with a broken nose, chipped teeth

Lakeeya Walker, 22, and eight months preg, got coffee thrown in her face, was punched repeatably in her belly and strangled for not saying ā€œthank youā€ to a stranger who held a door open for her

Janese Talton-Jackson 29, ignored the advances of a stranger and when she went to go home, he shot her fatally in the chest

Caroline Nosal, 24, rejected a coworker who then purchased a gun and fatally shot her in the head and abdomen

In Lardeo TX a woman at a bar rebuffed a manā€™s unwanted sexual advances and he punched her in the face over and over

In San Franciso CA, a woman approached by a stranger was asked on a date, when she said no, he punched her twice in her face until she was unconscious

I could go on but

I dare you to ask again ā€œwhy donā€™t you women say noā€

because they literally suffer or DIE at the hands of your ā€˜oddā€™ buddies Men

donā€™t believe me Google the names yourself
Ā 

• Sad 3

I get kind of peeved when someone apparently knows more than you about a subject/topic and plays dumb. I canā€™t wait until this ā€œhumble savantā€Ā thing is over.

Them: How do I do X?

Friendly helper: Do Y.

Humble Savant: Ohhhhh. I thought ifĀ you did ABC, then 123, wouldnā€™t that be better than Y? I thought X+y(45^/5)....

Friendly Helper:......

Humble Savant: Also, another quick question.

*crickets*

Why ask a question if you already know the best way to do it already? Youā€™re just making yourself sound like a dique.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sybaine Falconer said:

Maniacal ranting

Ā  Ā Pulling random murderers' names out of your butt is really not a good argument against what I was saying - I could do the same with female murderers and say that women are all monsters, or I could pull a list of murderers of a specific ethnicity and say that 'people of that colour' are all monsters, or I could do a list of murderers of a certain nationality and say that 'those people are savages', or I could pull a list of murderers of a any given religious group and say 'they're a murder-cult'.

Ā  Ā RegardlessĀ it's just anecdotal, and the statistics remain unchanged; >99% of men do not rape or murder (and again, many cases of both crimes are committed by repeat offenders), to accuse the gender is delirious sexism ofĀ the same level of stupidity as racism and flat-earthism.Ā 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Orwar...your masculinity is just too toxic!

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Sybaine Falconer said:

Raelynn Vincent, 22, a cat-calling man stopped his car and punched Raelynn in the face, breaking her jaw for nor responding to the cat calls

Andrea Farrington, 20, turned down a security guard who was interested in her, and he shot her 3x in the back while she was work just days before her 21st bday

Paris Sashay 23, a group of strange men followed and harassed her and her sister, when they rejected the men, Paris was pushed to the ground, lost consciousness, and woke up with a broken nose, chipped teeth

Lakeeya Walker, 22, and eight months preg, got coffee thrown in her face, was punched repeatably in her belly and strangled for not saying ā€œthank youā€ to a stranger who held a door open for her

Janese Talton-Jackson 29, ignored the advances of a stranger and when she went to go home, he shot her fatally in the chest

Caroline Nosal, 24, rejected a coworker who then purchased a gun and fatally shot her in the head and abdomen

In Lardeo TX a woman at a bar rebuffed a manā€™s unwanted sexual advances and he punched her in the face over and over

In San Franciso CA, a woman approached by a stranger was asked on a date, when she said no, he punched her twice in her face until she was unconscious

ā€¦..They keep telling me - "Ya just jealous because ya don't live here dude!". Hmm, so true dude....so true!

19 hours ago, Orwar said:

Ā Ā  Clubs can generate revenue - the ones I've worked at always have, even if it's seldom enough on its own to pay for a half or quarter region. There are just too many clubs on the grid, and the vast majority of them are playing the same darned playlists they played 15 years ago, with occasional additions from newer music. Just search for 'Rock Club' and you'll find a ton of them, many already left for dead.

And the playlist involved tunes nicked off YoutubeĀ  as the title will say something like "I Need Food - Grumpity and the Lindens (HD with Lyrics)."

Ā 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

And the playlist involved tunes nicked off YoutubeĀ  as the title will say something like "I Need Food - Grumpity and the Lindens (HD with Lyrics)."

Ā  Ā And when you request a song they never heard of, they go for the first YouTube hit - even if the title isn't a perfect match, or they haven't checked the audio quality and it sounds like someone recorded it on their phone whilst listening to it on an old radio in the next room, or the song has been defiled by someone trying to remix it.

Ā  Ā To be fair though, if it hadn't been for an extremely inattentiveĀ DJĀ  playing me a song that wasn't even close to what I was asking to, I might not have discovered Finnish re-punk.

When people base someone;s personality off a sign of a zodiac. Actually better one, when people base how a person is gonna act, on zodiac signs. You can believe whatever you want, but I feel like too many people base everything, from how they act, to who they friend or who they date off of something that you can easily disprove. Just cause someone has some of said traits, since they were born under said sign. Does not mean that is their overall personality, and their overall person as a whole. It really annoys me, and kinda feels like lowkey discrimination to me.

2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

When people base someone;s personality off a sign of a zodiac. Actually better one, when people base how a person is gonna act, on zodiac signs. You can believe whatever you want, but I feel like too many people base everything, from how they act, to who they friend or who they date off of something that you can easily disprove. Just cause someone has some of said traits, since they were born under said sign. Does not mean that is their overall personality, and their overall person as a whole. It really annoys me, and kinda feels like lowkey discrimination to me.

You're just saying that because you're a Taurus.

• Haha 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.