What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The ones that bother me are the ones who come into a thread that only has THREE posts, one of which not only has the right answer but has been "liked" or voted up by other people, and still decides to post the same obvious answer again.

I took that as her meaning.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Either one. The point is that before answering, maybe spend 30 seconds checking if someone else has already answered. 

I agree 100%. I think you hit the nail on the head in your first post though; the thing is I think they see the other responses, just feel their response is somehow better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Omg!!! Thank you for saying this!!! I thought I was the only one that noticed!!!

And the Oblivious response is loooooong af!!!!

To be fair though, with the amount of people on earth, doing whatever at any given time there's bound to be something that's repeated I mean. Nothing is exactly exclusive here.

5 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

To be fair though, with the amount of people on earth, doing whatever at any given time there's bound to be something that's repeated I mean. Nothing is exactly exclusive here.

Bruh, it’s a pet peeve thread. We’re Peevin.

Edited by janetosilio
Danged autocorrect
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

... says the person who named themself "latinatransgirl". That is not even a name, thats a describtion. There is a good german proverb for that: "Don't throw rocks, when you sit in a house made of glas."

You can’t even spell description or glass. Good try though. I was referring to the display name which is able to be changed every 7 days I believe. You should spell check before you try a weak insult. Next!

12 hours ago, latinatransgirl said:

You can’t even spell description or glass. Good try though. I was referring to the display name which is able to be changed every 7 days I believe. You should spell check before you try a weak insult. Next!

How many additional languages do you speak at a near fluent level? How good were you in school in your native language? Using someones spelling as a defense means you already lost the argument. Try being less butt hurt next time, when you get called out on your bs. (I also didn't insult you. Your username is a description).

One could also argue, that SL names do not need to be realistic, just like avatars do not need to be human, or are those also wrong in your opinion?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Did you not see my highlight of the post I quoted? LOL - note the bolded, larger-than-normal part of the test I quote:

The phrase is from the book Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: "What is the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything" is a question people ask a super-computer that crunches data for centuries and finally give the answer: "42".  :D

Yes, the series is among my very most favorites. 

After Deep Thought spit out the ultimate answer (42), they realized they didn't really know what the question was so they built an even bigger computer to figure that out. That computer was Earth, and just as it was about to reveal what the question was, the Vogons destroyed it in order to create an intergalactic highway for a hyperspace express route. 

Here are some of my favorite annoyances: SL Misnomers:

• When people say "sim" meaning "region".
  • When people say "lindens" meaning "Linden Dollars"
  • When people say "Belli" meaning "Bellisseria".
  • When people say "[use only the first three letters of your name]" meaning "[your full name]".
  • When people say "What time-zone are you in?" meaning "What time do you usually come in-world?".
  • When people say "Where are you from?" meaning "Where in the world are you now?".

I could go on, but you get the idea. ~snorts~

I've owned regions before, but never any sims. I have met many Lindens and enjoyed all of them as good company. My Belli can be ticklish sometimes. "Aly" (al-ee) is an incorrect pronunciation of my name, how rude, it's Al-yoh-nah. I am in Pacific time zone, but I login at 4 A.M. local time. I'm from Taiwan, but I'm in Washington state.

See how that works?

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:
  • When people say "sim" meaning "region".
  • When people say "lindens" meaning "Linden Dollars"
  • When people say "Belli" meaning "Bellisseria".
  • When people say "[use only the first three letters of your name]" meaning "[your full name]".
  • When people say "What time-zone are you in?" meaning "What time do you usually come in-world?".
  • When people say "Where are you from?" meaning "Where in the world are you now?".
  • Agree.
  • Eh, that's a bit pedantic, I think. They are used so differently that I doubt there would really be any confusion unless someone was looking to intentionally be confused.
  • HARD Agree. Freaking type out the damn name. It's not that difficult and Belli sounds juvenile and stupid. No one says "Oh, I live on Euri," or "I live on Afri," or "I live on Antarcti" because that sounds asinine. 
  • I think it's rude to shorten anyone's name unless they specifically say it's okay to do.
  • No, I actually want to know what time zone they're in. People come in world at all different times, but I want to be able to think, "Oh, it's 4 a.m. in London. I doubt he'll be logging in for a few more hours."
  • I don't live where I was born. When I ask people where they're from, I do actually mean where they originated. I assume most people don't live where they were born, but if I'm interested in them enough to be making the effort to learn about them, this is actually what I am asking, and what I want to know. I'll also be asking where they live now, and what other places they've lived. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

I did know that, I just wanted to see the censorship asterisks. :) Also, how can a word have a sake to it?

Censorship asterisks are fun, but those ones up there I added myself. Apparently f*** has a sake! It’s one of my personal favorite acronyms. I wish I have more opportunity to use it.😀

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.