What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I rather be ugly than to be perpetually coated in slime and suffer an affliction of an obsession with collecting Intarnet points.

It adds more life than dry old people looking skin imo.

But, if people want to keep looking like their avies are from 2006, then that's fine too. 😘

Edited by Ashlyn Voir

22 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

People with ugly avatars who are jealous of nice looking ones. 😂

That's just it beauty is entirely subjective.  What's ugly to one person is beautiful to another. everyone's avatar is created to please the eye of the person behind the keyboard, not everyone looking at it, so really it doesn't matter if you find it ugly or not, just like it doesn't whether or not I'd find yours ugly (not saying yours is, just saying that to make a point)

Edited by IvyLarae
Added stuff
  • Like 4

Just now, BelindaN said:

Beer goggles are dangerous. Just saying.😊

Not as dangerous as the beer monkeys. You know, the little feckers who steal all the money that was in your wallet the night before, and possibly your keys and phone too.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

How come? Is it because it's slowly shutting down due to the whole Flickr Pro fiasco?

Yes, it hasn't affected me yet, but I see more and more of it, and some of the creators and photographers I'm following have left the platform. Hopefully the SL community will move somewhere else, but it's too early to jump onto another platform as it seems rather uncertain what will 'replace' Flickr. 

I've heard from non-SL Flickr users that they're leaving as well, not only because of the pro fiasco but because of the instability and unreliability of the platform, and that there are plenty of good options.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Not as dangerous as the beer monkeys. You know, the little feckers who steal all the money that was in your wallet the night before, and possibly your keys and phone too.

Then you wake up the next morning all hung over and remember you spent all your money on booze, you'd left your keys in the door and your cell phone had been flushed.

tenor.gif?itemid=9452975

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Yes, it hasn't affected me yet, but I see more and more of it, and some of the creators and photographers I'm following have left the platform. Hopefully the SL community will move somewhere else, but it's too early to jump onto another platform as it seems rather uncertain what will 'replace' Flickr. 

I've heard from non-SL Flickr users that they're leaving as well, not only because of the pro fiasco but because of the instability and unreliability of the platform, and that there are plenty of good options.

I have been noticing that as well.  With this latest round of trouble, I have to ask, did your friends mention by name, some of those options?  I don't have a large flickr stream but I would rather move before working mine into a larger collection, like some people have, and then having to move it later.

Here's something that recently happened. I done a Gacha giveaway in a gifting group on FB. In the post I clearly state that they needed to comment their username and the name of the item they wanted off a list of Gacha's I had, and since I wanted to be able to gift as many as possible, I was limiting it to one item per username

literally THE FIRST COMMENT I GOT on that post was just someone telling me the item they wanted with no username, and then replied to their original comment with a list of other things they also wanted like.....just

CAN YOU NOT READ?!

• Like 1

Just now, Vega Firelyte said:

I have been noticing that as well.  With this latest round of trouble, I have to ask, did your friends mention by name, some of those options?  I don't have a large flickr stream but I would rather move before working mine into a larger collection, like some people have, and then having to move it later.

From what I've heard (or been told, but wasn't paying much attention to), there's some platform made 'for Second Life', PixelVR or something such, but last I heard it wasn't very populated yet. Then there's all the options available to anyone looking for alternatives to Flickr, 500px seems quite nice for one.

The issues is, shifting the majority of the active SL photography/blogging community is going to be slow. A lot of people already have their own blogs, or use Facebook or Instagram (neither of which I enjoy for sharing photos - well, never tried Instagram at all, but I couldn't be arsed to make an SL account for FB; it's against their ToA and whilst it doesn't seem to be a problem, it's again the sword of Damocles hanging over you just the same as being on Flickr).

I like the way Flickr works (when it works), I'm just not really into the whole groups thing. 500px seems to be functionally pretty much the same thing, and I haven't heard anything about their policies being anti-SL or anti-blogging. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.