SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

She did reset the access list on another model but the Hardy still didn't work. It "might" depend on which model you change the list on?  No clue and she has moved to another model so not really a concern for her.   

For those that want a Hardy and can't get in ----

Rez a box on the floor inside or outside and move inside. Then sit on the box.  Double clicking in FS doesn't get you in the house (or at least for her; I jumped on a chair later when she had rezzed one so that would work too). From there you can STILL decorate and plan. You just can't walk through doors or change colors.  Since there is so much to do when moving in -- that should keep most folks busy until the fix comes through :D.   

This is all a symptom of the house not completing it's loading tasks.   If you touch the house or touch it's physical shape in any means with your avatar before that whole process is completed, you are doomed to failure.  This is why we were broadcasting the messages last night about standing back away from the home, re-rezzing it and waiting a good solid minute before going near it.  Sadly we have found that if the region is under strain as well, that loading process may not complete anyway.  On a brand new house you know it's loaded if it's initial rez color changes (randomizes), that signals it has completed it's tasks... this signal only works if you have not set a custom exterior color on it.  We're working to try to get to the bottom of why this is happening in the first place, but the key to success so far is really to stay away from the house while it loads everything up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Welll ... RIght behind Century region is an extremely high and broad hill, in SSPE372.  And on the other side of that is a region with traditionals named Bluff Knoll.  Looking from Bluff Knoll into SSPE372 you see this.

So they'll have to change the terrain ... somehow.

869561211_overthehill_001.thumb.png.e9e359e688a72bf19ad25cf4986b2e5a.png

In back of mine it rolls off into the next region. There is an unfinished road that appears like it will be finished to cut through. The land itself has coastline. It isn't on the map though; where the green land is on the map it shows as blue as if it's water. 

Here's a view. 

caladium view_001

My alts house is the lilac one 2 houses over from the unfinished road at the bottom of the mountain. I'm holding onto it for now to see what happens with that land, hoping it remains undeveloped and that more landscaping goes in *fingers crossed*

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Welll ... RIght behind Century region is an extremely high and broad hill, in SSPE372.  And on the other side of that is a region with traditionals named Bluff Knoll.  Looking from Bluff Knoll into SSPE372 you see this.

So they'll have to change the terrain ... somehow.

869561211_overthehill_001.thumb.png.e9e359e688a72bf19ad25cf4986b2e5a.png

Perhaps some campers in the mountains at some point that could require smaller plots of flat land.  I've often thought that strip of dividing regions could play nicely by having a mixture of Traditional & Victorians living on blocks together as in RL neighborhoods. 

• Like 1

Much more work done this morning SLT!  Abnor was in working on the boundary hills between North and South.  The sheer face in my pic above is no longer there, the land has been terraformed to make a roadbed that slopes upward at a moderately steep grade.  Also, the cut for the RR at Hyacinth has been broadened, and the rails with accompanying road now go all the way through, without any land encroachments.

So it looks like they will be terraforming the regions in between to make a less stark boundary, as opposed to dropping in new terrain maps, which I half expected.  No idea what will be there, but it does indeed LOOK like camper territory :)

Most of the unnamed regions on the east and west coasts have been named, but that has not shown up on the inworld map as of this writing.  Many of the houses in those regions still have the orange "placement" markers on them, and the hovertext on parcels still mostly say "Protected", not "Linden Home". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sakura Sands said:

This ssp  topic has always been so interesting and my favourite to follow. Kind of missing having it frequently pop up with people’s discoveries around Bellisseria.

I'm really hoping for some new and varied landscapes to get excited about in 2020! Hopefully with some great new housestyles as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

not sure i like that texture repeating .. it's a bit checkerboard effect, perhaps have the setting changed or is this as the moles left it ? :)

I believe that is where they will put the Alice-in-Wonderland theme, as the house will be black-and-white checker-squares. ~laughs~

• Haha 4

I'm having problems with the access and group settings; hoping someone can help. I can get in fine, have a Victorian home, can furnish it, etc. But I have two other avatars and I can't seem to give them access. I have added them to the access list but they can't open the doors. I have set the home to a group but they can't build anything or rez anything. I've had several properties (houseboat, trailer, house) and this has been the same on every property. I've managed a region for years so maybe I'm just expecting things to work (e.g. the group setting with approval to build) that don't work with these homes.

I do like the Victorian homes. Here is a picture from my front porch on an early moon lit morning. 

Thanks for any help you can give.

Trip

Tannen front porch evening.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Trip Waffle said:

I'm having problems with the access and group settings; hoping someone can help. I can get in fine, have a Victorian home, can furnish it, etc. But I have two other avatars and I can't seem to give them access. I have added them to the access list but they can't open the doors. I have set the home to a group but they can't build anything or rez anything. I've had several properties (houseboat, trailer, house) and this has been the same on every property. I've managed a region for years so maybe I'm just expecting things to work (e.g. the group setting with approval to build) that don't work with these homes.

I do like the Victorian homes. Here is a picture from my front porch on an early moon lit morning. 

Trip

Tannen front porch evening.jpg

Pretty place. That should work and does work for my  group parcels. One thing that is a little different is that you HAVE to have the group tag activated. The "automatically rez to the land group" feature (Firestorm) doesn't work.  Have you tried making sure they have their tag active?  If not, then I guess you need to send in a ticket. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Trip Waffle said:

Trip

What Chic said regarding group tag, plus I'd add that as far as the door access goes, be sure to click the "use list" button on the control panel. Just adding names doesn't give access; the list has to actually be activated. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Trip Waffle said:

But I have two other avatars and I can't seem to give them access. I have added them to the access list but they can't open the doors.

The only access list that counts for opening doors and using the home's control panel is the access list in the control panel itself.  Be sure that you are adding your alts by the login name, not by a display name.  As Chic says, be sure that your alts are members of the group that you set the land to, and that they are wearing their group tag, and that you have set the Options in About Land to allow group members to rez objects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, Sakura Sands said:

This ssp  topic has always been so interesting and my favourite to follow. Kind of missing having it frequently pop up with people’s discoveries around Bellisseria.

Well it will be interesting to watch the SSP area to see what might be next. Of course  they might start working somewhere else.  Right now there isn't that much undeveloped land in Belli.  Beyond this big area there are a few more spots with everything except Victorians. Those appear to be all gone (for now anyway). So it seems likely that they will finish up this in progress area and then move on to the next theme.  There is a nice area around WOOD still empty (well unclaimed) and Millbanks is still undeveloped too.    

But some excitement MUST be on the horizon. It may not be until Spring though before we see what is up next.  And then of course there is the "super duper premium" to be unveiled.  

image.thumb.png.d59908c8aced67464bf674e622a2b722.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 4

I’m excited for the super duper premium reveals, whatever it’s called, whatever they might be. I was looking at the map in the middle of Bellisseria last night too but I have not seen any larger lots yet.

...just a speculation but I’m hoping the ‘super duper premium’ tier might come with some sort of Linden Home upgrade or better yet, commercial options but wondering how any of that actually fits with Linden Homes concept really being a ‘first land’ kind of alternate concept for people who don’t want to start with bare land in a place with few covenants...still I can’t help thinking that a managed commercial area rolled out like the Linden Homes (with tighter covenants and cohesive builds) might be something good. Events are often more ugly than aesthetically pleasing, main stores are not what they used to be and a pretty, upscale shopping area would be fun. 

• Like 1

I believe that if the placement of this new SSP block remains as is, SSPE1001 would be directly east of Remolcadora.  Interesting. 

Perhaps a bigger version of a Clump?  There's space both to the East and even West of VictoriBelle for suchlike.

Or something completely new?  Archipelago with nautical/island theme? 

Actually, there's space on the East for a whole new continent, if they are so inclined.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I’m excited for the super duper premium reveals, whatever it’s called, whatever they might be. I was looking at the map in the middle of Bellisseria last night too but I have not seen any larger lots yet.

...just a speculation but I’m hoping the ‘super duper premium’ tier might come with some sort of Linden Home upgrade or better yet, commercial options but wondering how any of that actually fits with Linden Homes concept really being a ‘first land’ kind of alternate concept for people who don’t want to start with bare land in a place with few covenants...still I can’t help thinking that a managed commercial area rolled out like the Linden Homes (with tighter covenants and cohesive builds) might be something good. Events are often more ugly than aesthetically pleasing, main stores are not what they used to be and a pretty, upscale shopping area would be fun. 

Can't the Super Premium be another thing than a different Linden Home. Bigger land without tier. I am not willing to upgrade to Super unless it is something really better than now. Minimum 2048 m without tier. I will have to use at least 100 Li, if not 150 Li for the house. Then the landscaping would be detracted from my Li too. After that is done, I will have 400 - 500 Li to decorate for, depending on how much flowers I planted. Compared to the 351 Li I have now, that is not a much better deal.

I can always find a lower Li house... but where is the fun in saving every Li if I move from a Linden Home? I already use the lowerst Li items I have. A bigger Li budget let me use more Li per item, I can be free to dig things up from my inventory that isn't 1 Li.

The "Get Mainland, just more of it without tier" would be a "maybe" and I would have to calculate the land price too. Most of Mainland look very unattractive after living in a community like Bellisseria. Better looking Mainland is more expensive.

I would like land in a "community" with some rules. A covenant about height of skyboxes, no banlines, a max height for privacy fences/screens. Like Bellisseria with empty parcels.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I would like land in a "community" with some rules. A covenant about height of skyboxes, no banlines, a max height for privacy fences/screens. Like Bellisseria with empty parcels.

You are describing a private estate.  You might enjoy this one, it's beautiful.  https://thegroveestatessl.com/

Your parcel comes with a home, but you can return it and rez whatever you want, so long as it is nice enough.  They do seasons. 

But you have to be able and willing to pay more than a premium membership or three, over time.  Probably in any estate that you would like.

I don't know why LL would provide a place like you describe.  It would be a tremendous amount of effort, to police a high-prim place that allows residents to rez their own places.  Bay City was very diligent in trying to police their very nice city, and it just wasn't feasible.  If LL did create such a place where you could buy in for a fixed fee like premium,  IMHO it also would probably be quite pricey.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

You are describing a private estate.  You might enjoy this one, it's beautiful.  https://thegroveestatessl.com/

Agreed. I said earlier that I think many private estates are a bit boring, but The Grove is an exception. I have lived there, and it's stunning (and, yes, pricey). Like you, I don't see LL taking on the project of policing that sort of community. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Your parcel comes with a home, but you can return it and rez whatever you want, so long as it is nice enough.  They do seasons. 

But you have to be able and willing to pay more than a premium membership or three, over time.  Probably in any estate that you would like.

I don't know why LL would provide a place like you describe.  It would be a tremendous amount of effort, to police a high-prim place that allows residents to rez their own places.  Bay City was very diligent in trying to police their very nice city, and it just wasn't feasible.  If LL did create such a place where you could buy in for a fixed fee like premium,  IMHO it also would probably be quite pricey.

Yes! And then, I would cancel my Premium......

You (General you and LL) do really think I am paying almost 100 USD annually for the premium sandboxes, more groups and other small perks?

Delusional.

When I am tired of Bellisseria and moves, I will cancel premium on me and my alts. That is (currently speaking) 400 UDS less in yearly income for LL. I am using that to rent instead. I seriously doubt I will use the equal of that amount on rent. I will rent max 4000 m somewhere for 1-2 months, cancel that when I have a break from SL or is tired of it, repeat after some months.... (Edit: I think I rented somewhere between 3 and 6 months from private estates, yearly)

That's fewer dollars to Second Life, no matter who I'm paying to. It was doubled land (1024) that hooked me on Premium.

So to keep me, feed me (more and safer) land that's included in the Premium fee. And don't think I will pay, let us say, 129 USD x 4, for some added perks that's not land. (The number is just a guess.)

I do not need the same landscaping as in Bellisseria. Mainland that's not lawless would be better than Mainland of today. Of course it could be limited to Super Premium users, it would not need to be as big as Mainland. I am not sure, but I think the number of transgressions in Bellisseria is low compared to the number of users.

It is all up to LL. Take my money, or shrug and say it's small fish and not worth it.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Good points, Nika.  Private Estates offer a level of policing & service that comes at a price; they don't stay peaceful and prim clutter free on their own. 

Bellisseria resembles private estate lite, a good primer for those who would eventually want more without LL directly competing with income generated from private region fees.  It spawns additional premium memberships, and for established folks, their free 1024 with premium membership is now a new LH, rather than being applied to land tier and thus potentially increasing a monthly tier fee, too.  Win win win on the ledger side and wins for the user's, too.

I traveled South of Bellisseria yesterday and briefly touched down on real mainland.  A good reminder of what real Chaos looks like when no rules apply.  My Main residence & properties are in Bay City.  While I shake my head at the land prices and property barons hording empty lots for some future payday, It has held up well over the years, but again you pay for it.  Bellisseria homes give everyone an opportunity to live in a community setting for a reasonable price.

• Like 4

/me stands at the Boat rez zone in Dimanche, looking out into the small fringe of water available there, wistfully hoping for just 1 (one!) water region in the space below Dimanche.  It would make water exploration of the fascinating coastline around here so much nicer.  It would also  improve access for all regions around Bishopshead to the big water south, starting in Fair Keel. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.2a5e53d8d67a01ceab3ab8ecb083f539.PNG

• Like 2