SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I think There's no road bridge that connect between Sansara and Bellisseria and Satori and Bellisseria I hope the Mole would build an Bridge that Connect each other. I'm Wondering if there's bridge between Bagheera and Pierless and the Huron to Ten Acre Wood. by Linden Lab's Second Life Moles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikkoto Takeda said:

I think There's no road bridge that connect between Sansara and Bellisseria and Satori and Bellisseria I hope the Mole would build an Bridge that Connect each other. I'm Wondering if there's bridge between Bagheera and Pierless and the Huron to Ten Acre Wood. by Linden Lab's Second Life Moles.

We in the forum can only speculate what will happen. On the things you suggest...

1. Sansara and Bellisseria are expected to be connected at Bleaberry Tarn. Initially this would support air travel. Later, the ranch NW coastline may be completed to support a protected water connection. It seems unlikely that a road will ever be built.

2. Satori and Bellisseria are already connected for air and protected water travel in two places. It seems extremely unlikely that a road will ever be built.

In general, road connections to Bellisseria are challenging because  resident owned parcels on mainland would need to be reclaimed and there is a mismatch between the residential style of Bellisserian roads and the highway style of mainland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Seven new regions have been added to the inworld map, on the west side of Ranch continent.

RanchMedLogexpansion23Apr2024.thumb.jpg.968a9c996df016fe37d2bd730f534b96.jpg

Names (7): Brookfield County (ex- Mini Schnitzels), HeeHaw, Moo, Horse Country, Matilda, Woodpath Ridge, Maple Ridge.

(Mini Schnitzels name clashed with SSPMini Schnitzels - which has also had a name change to SSPPine Hollow

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
Updated for two region name changes.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Nine new regions have been added to Mediterranean. Can you guess where?!

RanchMedLogexpansion24Apr2024.thumb.jpg.f4c8226074cd75fc635e5f6f3fc023da.jpg

Names (9): Idyll Minds, Windcrest, Pancho Villa, Shepherds Fork, Binky Heights, Cresta Perdita, Oakwell Farms, Yellowtail, Cholla.

It will be great once the Ranch sub continent joins with the Sansara continent in the north west corner. The Mediterranean has loads of room in the north for further expansion along with the new eastern railway. Yay. 

We need more Mediterranean railway bridges and road bridges. What happened to newer airstrips ? 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Mediterranean has loads of room in the north for further expansion along with the new eastern railway. Yay. 

We need more Mediterranean railway bridges and road bridges. What happened to newer airstrips ? 

Suggestion: Airstrips at the north of Ranch and Mediterranean to facilitate flying between Sansara and Sartori.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Suggestion: Airstrips at the north of Ranch and Mediterranean to facilitate flying between Sansara and Sartori.

And a rideable hippo rezzer to start a journey back to where SL began

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

I have a feeling that Ranch's railway line will eventually encircle the entire coastal perimeter of the continent in a giant loop, a feeling based on the available space and positioning of existing sim regions and train tracks...

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3

I just noticed a gaping hole on the map near the western edge of the Ranch subcontinent - it's between Horse Country and Weevil sims. I don't recall seeing a void in that area before. I'm sensing something special planned for that space - maybe a Ranch Community Region?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

I just noticed a gaping hole on the map near the western edge of the Ranch subcontinent - it's between Horse Country and Weevil sims. I don't recall seeing a void in that area before. I'm sensing something special planned for that space - maybe a Ranch Community Region?

Possible though i had assumed Caribou was already the Ranch community region since there's public spaces, activities, rezzing allowed and no housing on it 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 5:58 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I have a feeling that Ranch's railway line will eventually encircle the entire coastal perimeter of the continent in a giant loop, a feeling based on the available space and positioning of existing sim regions and train tracks...

I have noticed that there are large sections of double track beginning in Atoll Story, suggesting that they expect two-way traffic. So perhaps they are building an out and back situation, with a big loop turnaround at the end, like they have already built in Briar Hill.

7 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

I think they have yet to fill in that hole with houses. The surrounding regions have roads that lead into it. This is similar to Los Topos, where the region exists but is just a big green field.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Possible though i had assumed Caribou was already the Ranch community region since there's public spaces, activities, rezzing allowed and no housing on it 

I think it's gonna be Briar Hill, based on how the rail line and a waterway lead into that region.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still no sign of any new theme under development up in the SSP zones.  The only activity I see is an occasional dot in SSP Conspiracy III, or the QA Vault region.  Evidently work on Belli coastlines will continue for a while, excellent!

Mariners take note: the region in the southwest corner of the Meds, Cape Finagle, has been completely taken over by hermit crabs (!!!), even the small beach adjacent to residential regions.  And, the channel between the sand bars and the Med continent is very shallow, in fact only a tidal pool, whose floor is littered with shells. 

crabs_001.thumb.jpg.2ffd762dacb493d5fbdb7a9955927d3d.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2024 at 7:30 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Still no sign of any new theme under development up in the SSP zones.  The only activity I see is an occasional dot in SSP Conspiracy III, or the QA Vault region.  Evidently work on Belli coastlines will continue for a while, excellent!

Might be due to SL21B preparation, as that's only a few weeks away now.

• Like 5

I am currently trying to get a Newbrooke in a certain area with an Alt. There are 360 available. Isn't it time to remove this crazy 5er limit when there are enough of all belli homes available?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Nelly Takeda said:

I am currently trying to get a Newbrooke in a certain area with an Alt. There are 360 available. Isn't it time to remove this crazy 5er limit when there are enough of all belli homes available?

Even with unlimited chances, it’s highly unlikely you’d land what you want that way given the glut of available homes; the thing to do if you have your heart set on a particular location is to upgrade to Premium Plus for one month.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Even with unlimited chances, it’s highly unlikely you’d land what you want that way given the glut of available homes; the thing to do if you have your heart set on a particular location is to upgrade to Premium Plus for one month.

Yes, thank you, I did that and it worked. I was still annoyed about the 5er limit, especially because I was offered one house three times. This is simply unnecessary and unpleasant when there are so many houses on offer.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Nelly Takeda said:

Yes, thank you, I did that and it worked. I was still annoyed about the 5er limit, especially because I was offered one house three times. This is simply unnecessary and unpleasant when there are so many houses on offer.

You aren't alone.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nelly Takeda said:

I don't know what computing resources are required, but do remember that 'the system' has been overloaded in the past with too many claims occurring in too short a time when new themes were released. Allowing unlimited claims per day might potentially result in the same issues. (I had things down to a science by the time the Vics were released, and was able to claim/visit/abandon a parcel I didn't like in about 2.5 minutes, so I could've reasonably made 20+ claims per hour.) The issue of repeatedly receiving the same house after abandoning it is a different one which would require a lot of coding changes to fix, but wouldn't have detrimental effects on the system (I think).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

(I had things down to a science by the time the Vics were released, and was able to claim/visit/abandon a parcel I didn't like in about 2.5 minutes, so I could've reasonably made 20+ claims per hour.)

I remember those days. Back then, the restriction was right and necessary.
But I also wrote that it is now time to lift the restriction because there are now enough Linden Homes available. And then you don't have to be annoyed if you are offered the same house three times.

It was just a wish with a reason.

(And sorry, English is not my first language.)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nelly Takeda said:

I remember those days. Back then, the restriction was right and necessary.
But I also wrote that it is now time to lift the restriction because there are now enough Linden Homes available. And then you don't have to be annoyed if you are offered the same house three times.

It was just a wish with a reason.

(And sorry, English is not my first language.)

First, absolutely no need to apologize for your English!

My point is that the system likely remains prone to breaking down if flooded with requests (i.e. claims and abandons), and though the scenario of hundreds of people relentlessly claiming and abandoning parcel after parcel at the same time right now isn’t *likely*, it would be possible… and quite probable if a new theme or new regions were released. And I have a feeling that ‘unlimited claims’ is something that would be abused - the ‘alt armies’ would have an even greater advantage. That said, I don’t think I’ve ever read anything official as to why *5* is the magic number.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
word order
  • Like 2