SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

23 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

/me stands at the Boat rez zone in Dimanche, looking out into the small fringe of water available there, wistfully hoping for just 1 (one!) water region in the space below Dimanche.  It would make water exploration of the fascinating coastline around here so much nicer.  It would also  improve access for all regions around Bishopshead to the big water south, starting in Fair Keel.

The entire area looks perfectly navigable by water. Unless you're using a BBX or Endeavor monstrosity. That has such bad LOD that it falls apart 30 meters away.. Hahaha.

Direct response: Perhaps, maybe unlikely, but perhaps they are planning to drop a region in there with some kind of little surprise on it?

So, I was exploring the new BelliSLRR and decided to start all the way at the southern shores station and work my way upward toward the north. I can see through the mountain pass that they are still working. on a lot of stuff, no doubt they have plans for that southern mountain divide. Then I came across SSPE359 and saw this:

Snapshot SSPE359-Protected Land-20191227_001

Seriously, way more than I expected. @Patch Linden and Moles are truly going full-gusto on this stuff. I am in SL for  few days longer than most and I'm still amazed.

• Like 8

A little context on water: We went right past each other in discussing this, @Alyona Su , because neither of us was thinking of the other person's habits!  I rarely use a motorboat, I figure if I'm gonna do that, why not fly?  Not only do I generally sail, I like to sail using SL wind.  It's more natural to have to cope with whatever the wind happens to be doing, even though it's sometimes low and changeable.   But you, of course, are the queen of motorized vehicles, I should have realized :)

Your response, though, indicates that you were thinking of motorboats.  Of course, you can navigate just about anywhere in a sufficiently small motorboat.

The thing about sailing is that you definitely cannot go closer to the wind than 45 degrees; in most boats, it's closer to 60 degrees.  Which means there's a 90-120 section of the compass which is nogo; if you want to go directly into the wind, you change directions (tack) constantly to do so.

In SL, on many boats you can instead set the wind to whatever you want.  Then your boat will behave as if SL's wind were actually coming from your chosen direction.  I use this sometimes to get out of tight spots, but if you're going to do that habitually, why not just use a motorboat?

When sailing, it's nice to have spare water around so you don't have to tack and jibe like your boat has the DTs. Or set the wind every region or two.

Edited by Nika Talaj

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

A little context on water: We went right past each other in discussing this, @Alyona Su , because neither of us was thinking of the other person's habits!  I rarely use a motorboat, I figure if I'm gonna do that, why not fly?  Not only do I generally sail, I like to sail using SL wind.  It's more natural to have to cope with whatever the wind happens to be doing, even though it's sometimes low and changeable.   But you, of course, are the queen of motorized vehicles, I should have realized :)

Your response, though, indicates that you were thinking of motorboats.  Of course, you can navigate just about anywhere in a sufficiently small motorboat.

The thing about sailing is that you definitely cannot go closer to the wind than 45 degrees; in most boats, it's closer to 60 degrees.  Which means there's a 90-120 section of the compass which is nogo; if you want to go directly into the wind, you change directions (tack) constantly to do so.

In SL, on many boats you can instead set the wind to whatever you want.  Then your boat will behave as if SL's wind were actually coming from your chosen direction.  I use this sometimes to get out of tight spots, but if you're going to do that habitually, why not just use a motorboat?

When sailing, it's nice to have spare water around so you don't have to tack and jibe like your boat has the DTs. Or set the wind every region or two.

Good points! Though I admit when I sail I usually set sails to autopilot LOL Sometimes I'll do them manually, but I too lazy LOL. Though when I fly helicopters I like the Shergood the best because even though they have autopilot, they actually work (and will crash) like real helicopters - you actually fly them, you don't drive them. LOL

As for the missing region block, I really do suspect they'll put something in there. There is just too much "that makes sense" all over Bellisseria, so that would be a gaping hole where none exist elsewhere, if that makes sense.

The tracks are not finished yet, so I decided to fly along them (as in: staring at my butt type flying LOL) and in SSPE366 I saw this!

Snapshot SSPE366--20191227_001

Though the tracks continue past this. It's just a single one-sided prim, but it's not phantom, though I wish it were and that they'd leave it there. C'mon @Squeaky Mole - this is a must! It's just way to much fun to come up to that! And there is a LOT os RR track. I mean it is easily 5 times more than what is there when they released Campwich.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

On 10/29/2019 at 11:34 AM, Morena Tully said:

tunnel maybe_001.png

Hey, remember THIS?

On 10/29/2019 at 12:12 PM, Patch Linden said:

It's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

On 11/3/2019 at 6:26 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

Moonia_003.thumb.jpg.bfc06f91cb1ef505198ab7c07c1d139b.jpg

On 11/18/2019 at 8:21 AM, Alyona Su said:

Updated:

BelliSLRR Hill

Wel, here's the latest on this spot! LOL Many homes ready to be released and more (in the background) ready to be prepped.

Snapshot Franklin Hollow-Protected Land-20191227_001

• Like 7

A group of us went out train-testing to see which was best at region crossings with max capacity (in this case, 5, 8, and 13 avatars.) All went well until the Banebury switch, where the trains/trams lost target and drifted a bit before reconnecting. A couple days ago this spot was open (greenlight) and we were able to go all the way to the new rail station being built in SSPE359, where we were flipped and sent back. The re-entry in 373 is brutal and kicked us all into orbit (with a few viewer freeze-ups requiring a forced logout) on two occasions. 

I understand the SSPE regions are a work in progress and anything beyond the "construction area" sign is completely our own risk. But that Banebury switch should probably be checked out. We orbited there too, although we were able to recover (mostly.)

Edited by Hendrix Portal
fixed region name
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moles

The SLRR in Bellisseria is still a work in progress in most of the new regions. With the release of Victorian I was unable to keep up with the demand of scripting and had to put the SLRR on-hold for a moment. Starting early January you can expect all of the remaining SLRR tracks to be finished :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 16

3 hours ago, Squeaky Mole said:

The SLRR in Bellisseria is still a work in progress in most of the new regions. With the release of Victorian I was unable to keep up with the demand of scripting and had to put the SLRR on-hold for a moment. Starting early January you can expect all of the remaining SLRR tracks to be finished :)

You take all the time you want and need! I decided to fly along the tracks just to see what's there and Oh. My. Gosh! Wow! There has to be at least as much, if not more track in Bellisseria than Heterocera Atoll!

So I have only one question: Do you squeak when I hunt you down and give you a super-tight BEAR-HUG!?

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

You take all the time you want and need! I decided to fly along the tracks just to see what's there and Oh. My. Gosh! Wow! There has to be at least as much, if not more track in Bellisseria than Heterocera Atoll!

So I have only one question: Do you squeak when I hunt you down and give you a super-tight BEAR-HUG!?

I sent Squeaky a hug for fixing my Control Panel and he didn’t squeak... just rolled his eyes and tolerated it .  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The new-ish block of 25 regions continues to be empty.  I think it's the space for the next theme development, yes?  The Vic region numbers jumped from SSPE380s in North Belli to SSPE601.  THIS area starts with SSP1001! 

I CANNOT WAIT to see what emerges here :)

Capture.PNG.bfe90e1597626b95eaadf58906e0beb0.PNG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've always presumed and mentioned previously here that I believe there will be additional continents, primarily to add a divide or separation from any "fantasy" or otherwise fantastical themes. Bellisseria has the first four themes, that leave four more. So I was perusing the in-world map and noticed that there is a "clearing" where more continents will likely be plopped.

Room for more LL Home Continents

Room for two more Bellisseria-sized continents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2019 at 8:14 PM, Nika Talaj said:

The new-ish block of 25 regions continues to be empty.  I think it's the space for the next theme development, yes?  The Vic region numbers jumped from SSPE380s in North Belli to SSPE601.  THIS area starts with SSP1001! 

I CANNOT WAIT to see what emerges here :)

Capture.PNG.bfe90e1597626b95eaadf58906e0beb0.PNG

I am sure they are by no means empty, but have a skyplatform covering each region from sight at about 300m height. The greenish texture of those regions does NOT look like normal ground- texture as the bluish of SSP287 ff does not look like water. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I am sure they are by no means empty, but have a skyplatform covering each region from sight at about 300m height. The greenish texture of those regions does NOT look like normal ground- texture as the bluish of SSP287 ff does not look like water. 

Gosh....does that mean that the Moles could be building anywhere on the grid, disguising what they are doing by putting blue platforms overhead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Until now, I think we were seeing the actual terrain for that 25-region area starting at SSP1001 (see above pic).  However, it looks like they now have dropped a screen over it.  So, nothing to see here, probably for quite a while.

Capture.PNG.88734e8a24c21a47eef7c0d3545c428d.PNG

Definitely the next theme. Though the Moles have many ways to hide their work, one we may not have thought of is under water:

Snapshot_001

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1