SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I have found a lot of places to rez vehicles in Bellisseria, but only 2 places to rez a boat, Coral Waters and Bellisseria Fairgrounds Airstrip. I have looked around a lot, but without success.

Does anyone know if there are other places?

Thank you for any help.

2 minutes ago, Hatsya said:

I have found a lot of places to rez vehicles in Bellisseria, but only 2 places to rez a boat, Coral Waters and Bellisseria Fairgrounds Airstrip. I have looked around a lot, but without success.

Does anyone know if there are other places?

For starters, look at any of the lighthouses.

• Like 1

New theme?

Slowly, slowly, slowly South Belli is being brought up to match the SSP version.  Bits of coastline are being filled in, houses are completed, etc. On both versions I see something curious: there is a house type that isn't a black block, as the Vics show up to be.  Instead, it is a blue/green block.  I assumed these were simply houses that hadn't been rezzed yet, but oddly they are shown exactly the same way on the SSP map as on the Belli map.

Look closely at the bottom row of regions.  These blue/green blocks are seen on several areas of the coastline, not just at the bottom of the continent.  They don't look like campers, either.  And they are always in unnamed regions.

SSP MAP:

1470495362_newtheme.png.956eb6d0165e7028a94dc80acb7d391c.png

Belli MAP:

137899695_Realmapnewtheme.PNG.f836204b4e9ae95388114064fd8c3ea5.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

New theme?

Slowly, slowly, slowly South Belli is being brought up to match the SSP version.  Bits of coastline are being filled in, houses are completed, etc. On both versions I see something curious: there is a house type that isn't a black block, as the Vics show up to be.  Instead, it is a blue/green block.  I assumed these were simply houses that hadn't been rezzed yet, but oddly they are shown exactly the same way on the SSP map as on the Belli map.

Look closely at the bottom row of regions.  These blue/green blocks are seen on several areas of the coastline, not just at the bottom of the continent.  They don't look like campers, either.  And they are always in unnamed regions.

They look like the monopoly pieces they use when doing the landscaping - to make sure nothing pokes through the houses.  So maybe they just haven't gotten those pieces removed yet and will pick them up when they get to those regions for their final testing.  You can see the same thing along the western coastline.

I'm somewhat curious about these two regions that have never shown any indication of houses (per my memory anyway) - and just noticed that Daulton and Crieff also don't appear to have any houses:

image.thumb.png.826375f69169854013ed8fb5aa218dea.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 2

Yes, they're without houses on both versions of Belli.  Gardens or community areas, in lieu of open water?

ETA: and, if the blue/green ones are placeholders until they put houses down, why are they on both the SSP and Belli continents?  You'd think that on SSP at least, they'd have houses.  Perhaps they weren't able to put the final houses in beforehand  because of something unique about those particular coastal regions.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

I see the first connecting region between Belli and VictoriBell, as yet unnamed.

09c0b-f64283ab-4824-4c78-af9e-3bdcc797c4

If you look at the SSP regions, that gap is not there; the top of the LibertiBelle, er, LibertiBell continent is flush with the bottom of Bellisseria continent. I expect that one-region-wide gap will disappear and the lower continent will be shifted up to become flush. If you look closely, some of the roads already line-up (Example: SSPE367 and Hyacinth). I love that color, too (Hyacinth).

Of course, that gap could be a new idea to create a better segue between geographic "zones" with intent to make it a better transition (by adding new regions into that gap, then terraforming it.)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

But don't be disappointed if these areas remain right where they are.

I'm not disappointed in where they are right now, in spite of your desire to parse my words. I'll speak more clearly in the future. 

As for the rest of your comment, I'm not sure why you thought it was appropriate to make it personal. Your opinion of me is duly noted, though. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

If you look at the SSP regions, that gap is not there; the top of the LibertiBelle, er, LibertiBell continent is flush with the bottom of Bellisseria continent. I expect that one-region-wide gap will disappear and the lower continent will be shifted up to become flush. If you look closely, some of the roads already line-up (Example: SSPE367 and Hyacinth). I love that color, too (Hyacinth).

Of course, that gap could be a new idea to create a better segue between geographic "zones" with intent to make it a better transition (by adding new regions into that gap, then terraforming it.)

Indeed in SSP build regions there is no gap between Bellisseria and the new Victorian regions. But we see the gap in the actual Bellisseria and Victorian regions. It's because the regions from SSP369 to SSP378 have not yet been transferred to the lower edge of the actual Bellisseria. Those will be transferred later and the there will be no gap. No need to shift the whole Victorian regions upwards. Patch mentioned in group chat that the gap is there because the regions at the gap are still offline.

2019-12-11_Bellisseria-Victorians-gap.thumb.jpg.a838fef9ccad0f8282e15446fc7eb6bf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, it will cut down complaints about "I can't get a houseboat, I want my monies back, and will never be Premium again!"

Wait for the next: "I can't get a Victorian!"

Or: "I got a (Insert type of home here), but I don't like the region. I want a nicer place!"

I'd have to agree with you Marianne; there will always be some folks not satisfied with what is offered or available.  Now I'll admit I've done my share of House Hopping, clicking "Get your new home"  like I'm pounding away at a gacha machine feeding an addiction for that elusive prize.  We all come with at least a short shopping list of hope (mine included "near water"), But In the end, it's nice to simply  find a landing spot to stick around and enjoy the neighborhood & make some friends.  These are outstanding neighborhoods for new arrivals, and a fun summer house for more seasoned residents.   There are other mainland and Private land offerings for those searching for their "perfect".  For others needing "more prims": Mole made "Bay City" is perfect for dreamers & builders with streets and waterways, and a 1024 lot having 702 prims.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Indeed in SSP build regions there is no gap between Bellisseria and the new Victorian regions. But we see the gap in the actual Bellisseria and Victorian regions. It's because the regions from SSP369 to SSP378 have not yet been transferred to the lower edge of the actual Bellisseria. Those will be transferred later and the there will be no gap. No need to shift the whole Victorian regions upwards. Patch mentioned in group chat that the gap is there because the regions at the gap are still offline.

Oh, good catch! :)

• Like 1

More progress: South Belli's coastline now appears complete on the inworld map.  Even yesterday, it had sheer dropoffs in some areas, corresponding to regions which on the prototype were named SSPWnn, and didn't appear to be moved down yet.  It also had some regions that needed little fill-in corners of land that were missing.  All are in place and stable (that is, they don't flicker in and out of existence according to zoom level).

The same is true for the houseboat zone west of Jeogeot; it all appears cleanly now on the map, no flicker at some zoom levels, as I had been seeing even yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now that all of the regions have finally rezzed in on the map, most of the stuff west of Jeogeot doesn't look as odd and out of place as it did before.  However, the lower pieces still look out of place, sort of like an afterthought (see pic).  Maybe the houseboat centipede should shift to the side and get a twin, offset up/down a region to keep it from looking too identical.  Or something anyway.

image.png.69100b343d9bf599b010e2eb8306d15d.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I just spotted another millipede in the north-east of VicBelli, was that there before?

Do you mean the Grandfleet and Bottlenose Jetty regions? If so, then yes they've been there for a few days.

ETA: just realised you probably meant Alewife and Grunion Beach regions - but those too have been there for several days.

Edited by Eowyn Southmoor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

just realised you probably meant Alewife and Grunion Beach regions - but those too have been there for several days

I did thanks for working it out! I've just noticed that my edit to that post with that info didn't stick.

@LittleMe Jewell I do feel somewhat anxious as to how this turns out, both the design and the user reaction.

• Like 1

I've been watching the development in South Belli, which is particularly active around the coastline. It looks like houses are being placed, and landscaping adjusted, here and there.  In these pics, the black squares with silver darts on top are Victorians.  The fuzzy blue-ish houses might be proto-Victorians, like the big green blocks we see when a region is in the early stages of creation?

Here's a pic from two days ago.

47940857_Realmapnewtheme.PNG.ef8cf8a23a6066ede58521ff56f3e469.PNG

And here's a pic from today:

188145459_SouthBelli12-12.thumb.PNG.394f1b7589b22e868c0c86d355826ed1.PNG

So the changes over the course of these two days include:

Crieff, which had no houses and was looking like a garden region, has sprouted a full set of Victorians.

SSPE715 has REVERTED from Victorians to proto-Victorians, or whatever those blue-ish squares really are.

There still are many unnamed regions in South Belli, particularly on the coasts, and most of those look complete, from the 30,000 foot level that we have.  Although work on the unfinished regions is ongoing, it doesn't seem feverish. 

Perhaps the release will happen on two non-consecutive days, and the currently unfinished regions will be in the 2nd release? Might give more typists a better chance, if so!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

There still are many unnamed regions in South Belli, particularly on the coasts, and most of those look complete, from the 30,000 foot level that we have.  Although work on the unfinished regions is ongoing, it doesn't seem feverish. 

Perhaps the release will happen on two non-consecutive days, and the currently unfinished regions will be in the 2nd release? Might give more typists a better chance, if so!

It's also possible that they'll release the majority of the Vics as part of the BIG release and then finish up the stragglers and release them a region at a time like they've been doing with other areas.

• Like 1