Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good morning from Dimanche!  Let me introduce you to the brand-new little island, obviously with rez zones, in Salmon Eddy!  It's visible 200m from our Boarding House's side yard.

 

294452274_morninginDimanche_001.thumb.jpg.41608255c23ceed02ddfc1be4c3e3484.jpg

It looks like LL gifted the local boating community with two new water regions:

1213199235_morningindimanche2.PNG.c025cbc8f8ae2c4363fa3167013a9191.PNG

 

Thank you thank you thank you!

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 2:07 PM, Polenth Yue said:

It looks like they might be clearing out a chunk of the SSP regions. Some are gone (appearing as ghosts on the map, but not if you zoom in) and a bunch are offline. Probably just clearing the way for new working regions, but I thought I'd note it.

Yes.  All the regions within the red line show as "Loading", that is to say doomed, to me.  *wipes a tear for this thread's old friend*

729444999_SSPgoing.thumb.PNG.c415e1c1c493c33efd91763f68055cdf.PNG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it is NOT the end of this thread. However they may name the new building regions, someone is sure to spot them and tell us. If they really want to they could make them invisible, even on the map I guess, but DO they want?

No better advertising than our wild speculations! Keep interest up in new Lindenhomes to come!! ;)

I think they just wipe the blackboard and start anew!

 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been the go-to for all things new and exciting in the SSP and SSPE regions. SSP* may have disappeared and the SSPE* will eventually all be renamed to their production names, but I don't think we've come to the end of the road here. After all, there is always light at the end of a tunnel (and a few more themes to unveil) ....

Belli_Tunnel.thumb.png.ffe463086413e7ceeb2341bc3248879b.png

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 7:19 AM, Lukas Thetan said:

This thread has been the go-to for all things new and exciting in the SSP and SSPE regions. SSP* may have disappeared and the SSPE* will eventually all be renamed to their production names, but I don't think we've come to the end of the road here. After all, there is always light at the end of a tunnel (and a few more themes to unveil) ....

Indeed. SST may replace SSP, so NEW THREAD! (SST: Super Secret Theme... if @Patch Linden stays on "theme") See what I did there? LOL)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Indeed. SST may replace SSP, so NEW THREAD! (SST: Super Secret Theme... if @Patch Linden stays on "theme") See what I did there? LOL)

THIS is an SST (now obsolete):

Image result for concorde SST images

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

THIS is an SST (now obsolete):

Image result for concorde SST images

As in Super Sonic Transport. Sure. SOB is also Shortness Of Breath. :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 1:30 AM, Nika Talaj said:

Yes.  All the regions within the red line show as "Loading", that is to say doomed, to me.  *wipes a tear for this thread's old friend*

I'll get the tissues.....

I hope the Lindens will let us spy on them building again for the next theme/continent and not hide the SSP map.It's great fun to watch the development and the guessing game of what could be coming next:)

I reckon we should start a new SSP thread for any new continent that appears.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went for a boat trip and came across this new land !!! n is still on the map !!! is west after ssp1040 and ssp1045Vic_025.thumb.png.d3f34097dc33a89d276c3be584ee9cbb.png

Vic_024.thumb.png.367d17be3d193a4e20fbad7a3ea089fa.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

I went for a boat trip and came across this new land !!! n is still on the map !!! is west after ssp1040 and ssp1045Vic_025.thumb.png.d3f34097dc33a89d276c3be584ee9cbb.png

 

Great find, Nando!  As of now, its a big utterly flat rectangle, placed and named as shown.  Seems odd to change to a vertical numbering scheme after so long with a horizontal one, but it's early days for this swatch of regions, names can change :)

 

917444208_newland1048-1052.PNG.64643170bf657b18992bf90de1c4992d.PNG

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During my evening fly over, I noticed  SSPE1052 - SSPE1048 and practiced a few landings and takeoffs.  No photos, just some prop dust left in the wind.

On the way back home, I found these interesting items at the SW corner of SSPE379.  Lost & Found?  Maybe they fell off the cliff?  No doubt we'll find out soon enough why they're under water!  

SSPE379B-1.JPG

SSPE379d-1.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mitch Merricks ooh 'encroachment checkers'. Is that a new thing I wonder, or part of the existing QA procedures? It would be interesting if it were an automated system for alerting the governance team to muffin top landscaping issues on residential plots (ie where people overhang their boundaries)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These encroachment detectors have been used by moles when building out new regions for quite some time.  I think it has to do with home placement on new parcels.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

917444208_newland1048-1052.PNG.64643170bf657b18992bf90de1c4992d.PNG

So I was pondering the new regions SSPE1048 through SSPE1052 above. Then looked at the open area to their east. And I had to wonder if a second Bellisseria could fit in there. I ended up creating this map which showed how they could fit together:

BelliClone.thumb.png.aa4bffec488ffc1d5697f558fe4ca115.png

The Bellisseria clone fits within the existing land masses and regions frighteningly well. And those new regions are well placed to serve as a bridge between the two. 

Interesting ....     😮

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Interesting ....     😮

would need a few more alts to house hunt if they clone and release at once :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

So I was pondering the new regions SSPE1048 through SSPE1052 above. Then looked at the open area to their east. And I had to wonder if a second Bellisseria could fit in there. I ended up creating this map which showed how they could fit together:

BelliClone.thumb.png.aa4bffec488ffc1d5697f558fe4ca115.png

The Bellisseria clone fits within the existing land masses and regions frighteningly well. And those new regions are well placed to serve as a bridge between the two. 

Interesting ....     😮

Oh no! No more clones please. 😟

Donald-Duck_angry.jpg.5ae5d36b480ea11b3df69c0784c16ea3.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF they do that (and though I would not like it I do not really care if they do) ALL housing problems would be solved at once and for a long time. Then they could start telling people in the old homes (slowly region by region) that they have a month to move and find something new or their things will be returned to their inventory and homes just vanish.

PS: would just need another NAME so that you do not get confused.
Not Belliseria2 or Bellisseria West but something alltogether new like Avalon...

 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be like the character in 'The Vicar of Dibley' who has a catchphrase 'no no no no yes'. Previously, we've been told this would never happen, now I'm wondering myself if it might not be better than 'clone tiles' or 'clone stamped' regions which look a bit out of place. I mean I don't want clones at all, but at least the plots would be only doubled. In the victorian continent interior there's a lot of similarity between all the regions due to the need to match the edges up.
The trouble with this method, we were told was that it isn't possible to copy already occupied regions, so it might simply be impossible to do.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Oh no! No more clones please. 😟

Donald-Duck_angry.jpg.5ae5d36b480ea11b3df69c0784c16ea3.jpg

donald you'r worse than me!  :)   always obstinate!


 
perhaps mirror it.. mix the themes a bit different.. would make a huge difference

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

... perhaps mirror it.. mix the themes a bit different.. would make a huge difference

THAT would be impossible I think!

 @Abnor Mole somewhere told us that though they do have backups of every region before it got released they could make a second Bellisseria quickly but it would take ages to update every single region to .... ?? ... I did not quite get that, some improvements on the houses? ... anyway update them to uptodate standard.

Still I guess that would take some days? weeks? but not as much time than the building of it all took.

But once you start mirroring it and messing things up then I guess its quicker to make something new and different.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

THAT would be impossible I think!

 @Abnor Mole somewhere told us that though they do have backups of every region before it got released they could make a second Bellisseria quickly but it would take ages to update every single region to .... ?? ... I did not quite get that, some improvements on the houses? ... anyway update them to uptodate standard.

Still I guess that would take some days? weeks? but not as much time than the building of it all took.

But once you start mirroring it and messing things up then I guess its quicker to make something new and different.

 

it for sure would take some time to make a change.. but my simple thought, it wouldn't be weeks to replace the rezzers from Vict to Trad.. or other way round, the parcels are already 1024 and landscaped.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...