SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
14 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

These encroachment detectors have been used by moles when building out new regions for quite some time.  I think it has to do with home placement on new parcels.

They're used by the Moles placing trees and suchlike near houses since, while branches may overhang the parcel boundary, so long as the root prim is on LDPW land, they obviously can't be allowed to poke through into any of the houses that may be rezzed on the parcel, or block windows and so on.    Those detectors are composites of all the house models in a particular theme, scripted to position and orientate themselves on the parcel where the houses will be, so it's easy to check that nothing is too close to any of the houses.

What they're doing at the bottom of the sea is a mystery to me, but someone will doubtless remove them before the region is released.  

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

The Bellisseria clone fits within the existing land masses and regions frighteningly well. And those new regions are well placed to serve as a bridge between the two. 

Interesting ....     😮

I noted this a few weeks ago with map and outline of the area and have already officially announced that there will be new continents going in there to host the remaining four new themes. I have whispered into @Patch Linden's ear and silence is an implied "YES!!!," and thusly so, it is true, it is known.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, Mitch Merricks said:

...I found these interesting items at the SW corner of SSPE379.  Lost & Found?  Maybe they fell off the cliff?  No doubt we'll find out soon enough why they're under water!  

SSPE379B-1.JPG

6 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

….What they're doing at the bottom of the sea is a mystery to me, but someone will doubtless remove them before the region is released.  

I hope these stay somewhat \ somehow submerged and a little workie with some added fish & furniture as another underwater novelty, fun place to explore and attract mermaids too! 

SSPE379c.JPG

If anyone's missed it, there is a sunken houseboat in Millers Pond in a region of Traditionals, so this wouldn't be out of place to have a house  that fell off the cliff by the houseboats.  I love regions that connect and intermingle LH stiles.  

Houseboat.JPG

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

So I was pondering the new regions SSPE1048 through SSPE1052 above. Then looked at the open area to their east. And I had to wonder if a second Bellisseria could fit in there. I ended up creating this map which showed how they could fit together:

The Bellisseria clone fits within the existing land masses and regions frighteningly well.

Frighteningly, yes that's the word!  @Lukas Thetan, even if LL isn't doing exactly this, that is a brilliant observation on your part!  I totally would not be surprised if a slab of Victorian coastline were copied and worked into that area. Coastlines take a lot of time to do.  But I WOULD be surprised if they cloned the whole continent.

As others have observed, cloning Belli doesn't fit with Patch's statements about doing 4 more themes.  Just copying the land and putting new themes on it doesn't seem like it would save that much time. 

BUT ... plans change.  It's not inconceivable that some day resources may have to shuffle, say if it happened to be the case that Sansar still isn't making money and needs yet another re-launch ... /me whispers something about maybe selling the VR technology?  .. and they would find it helpful to clone Belli.  Who knows.  I've never really bought the argument that cloning a large portion of a continent wouldn't save them time.  So what if they have to do a bunch of little fixes over?  Surely there aren't all that many.

Anyway, we can only wait and ... very closely! ... watch.  😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Frighteningly, yes that's the word!  @Lukas Thetan, even if LL isn't doing exactly this, that is a brilliant observation on your part!  I totally would not be surprised if a slab of Victorian coastline were copied and worked into that area. Coastlines take a lot of time to do.  But I WOULD be surprised if they cloned the whole continent.

As others have observed, cloning Belli doesn't fit with Patch's statements about doing 4 more themes.  Just copying the land and putting new themes on it doesn't seem like it would save that much time. 

BUT ... plans change.  It's not inconceivable that some day resources may have to shuffle, say if it happened to be the case that Sansar still isn't making money and needs yet another re-launch ... /me whispers something about maybe selling the VR technology?  .. and they would find it helpful to clone Belli.  Who knows.  I've never really bought the argument that cloning a large portion of a continent wouldn't save them time.  So what if they have to do a bunch of little fixes over?  Surely there aren't all that many.

Anyway, we can only wait and ... very closely! ... watch.  😀

I think you have something there --- but there is a but further down my thinking path :D.

That four more themes quote was a statement from almost a year ago. It may have been reiterated but we have seen HOW MANY PIVOTS have happened in the past and especially at Sansar.  Top priority projects are taking YEARS to complete and who knows if they ever will be released. So things do change and yes it very much seems like there is a huge money crunch going on. 

But  (well of course there is a but) -- either Patch or one of the moles told us sometime last year (mid year I think) that once a region was moved over from SSP it couldn't be cloned again.  So I am wondering if pasting in another Belli is technically possible. Of course technology changes and a "pivot" may have been to figure out a way -- or I may have misunderstood the comment.    Pasting in 10,000 more plots CERTAINLY seems like it would fulfill the "need" for Belli homes  and there MAY only be four themes.    Something "odd" definitely seem to be up.  That much I think most of us can agree on.    

Of note, most of the sims that would need to be moved ARE Linden use areas (Mole lands, test lands etc.) and of course LEA lands which were nearby are now gone.   So I don't think the idea is completely out of the realm of possibility.   

My two cents. 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

That four more themes quote was a statement from almost a year ago.

Dec 8th Patch said that themes 5 and 6 were already well under way - and theme 7 already known and they were working on deciding theme 8.  So at the minimum, even if they end up reducing the total number of themes, if 5 and 6 are already 'well under way', then I think we will at least get those.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Dec 8th Patch said that themes 5 and 6 were already well under way - and theme 7 already known and they were working on deciding theme 8.  So at the minimum, even if they end up reducing the total number of themes, if 5 and 6 are already 'well under way', then I think we will at least get those.

Thanks. Hope that is still true. Lots and lots of PIVOTS these days.   Being "underway" and being accomplished is not working out all that well for The Lab these days.  I DO look forward to seeing anything new that gets revealed, just not counting on it.   :D

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Best case answer to the mystery is that they are simply working on another SEPARATE grid ^^.   Fingers crossed.  

That's always a possibility. Though they've all be busting-butts for more than a year. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a six month break. They deserve it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

That's always a possibility. Though they've all be busting-butts for more than a year. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a six month break. They deserve it.

It looks to me like there has been some Mole rotation, not sure if that is the case though (I mean some Moles stepping back and others being recruited)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That's always a possibility. Though they've all be busting-butts for more than a year. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a six month break. They deserve it

With the still much in demand for the new housing  i cannot see a break .Rotation  yes  depending on if moles are contracted and for what period of time .

Just  to point out  many have chosen to pay to have alts and  if people see six months of  ONLY older generation homes  alway on landpage  and   ONLY   once in a  while a  trickle  of a new home here or there many will down grade the alts to basic  if   the alts are month to month

.People had added alts to get the new and keeping them to get  a favored  region or spot   ......so i wonder if ll would take that financial risk  of losing that money . Many are already  talking about adding more to their alt pool  looking forward to  next new regions    to be released.

We are at end of month, Chritmas holidays  are over  and looking already at valentines day . Maybe just a bit of a shift of delivering . 

The last way of delivering the new  home empty lot and use the mail box was pretty cool and the only glitch was some did not know to touch the mail box  . I  for one  am looking  forward to seeing the new trad/ vics/campers/hb/ being the main choices on the land page once again and staying that way .

Edited by roseelvira
keyboard prob
  • Like 1

My bet is the ones that seem to have rotated off the project are the ones that are off building the new stuff in private somewhere.  LL can hide where they are doing things.  They could have another SSP like area, way off in some area we can't get to, and covered in region size prims that keep it from showing on the map. 

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They could have another SSP like area, way off in some area we can't get to, and covered in region size prims that keep it from showing on the map. 

That would not hide it from the Grid Shepherd.  I went back a few months on the forum-that-shall-not-be-named, and I didn't see any estate-sized Linden block appearing.  I didn't go back more than that, tho, so if they set up a large development area a year ago and haven't changed the regions since, I wouldn't have caught that.  But I kinda doubt they did that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

That would not hide it from the Grid Shepherd.  I went back a few months on the forum-that-shall-not-be-named, and I didn't see any estate-sized Linden block appearing.  I didn't go back more than that, tho, so if they set up a large development area a year ago and haven't changed the regions since, I wouldn't have caught that.  But I kinda doubt they did that.

They've got something going on somewhere.  A bit over a month ago Patch said that themes 5 & 6 were well under way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

As I mentioned before (up a few posts) they could very well be building on a whole separate grid.

AND what they are building may "not" be for Bellisseria but for something to do with Super Duper Premium --- believing that a bunch of folks will move to that, giving up regular premium and their Belli homes.   I had to laugh a bit there as this idea goes against my "inside intel" of a few months ago ---- but there have been so many pivots and changes in staff etc etc etc I have no faith that the Intel (Linden based) is even close to what is really happening now.   This just seems like a reasonable possibility.   IF the folks with five or six alts decided to keep one super duper premium account (OK let's say two as a know some of you are "greedy") then that would leave a whole lot of empty plots in Belli that could be used by the folks that only want a Belli home.

And while some people  are saying that they will make more alts, there are others from April last that will be going back to basic. How that will balance out we have no idea and likely will never know.   I have three accounts that will exit premium this late Spring. Lots of reason from lots of people. So guessing on that number of premium accounts balance is beyond tricky. 

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

AND what they are building may "not" be for Bellisseria but for something to do with Super Duper Premium --- believing that a bunch of folks will move to that, giving up regular premium and their Belli homes. 

Sooooooooo .... it is your belief that Super Duper Premium will come with a new class of housing?  Tell me more.  *gestures invitingly with her cigarillo*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Sooooooooo .... it is your belief that Super Duper Premium will come with a new class of housing?  Tell me more.  *gestures invitingly with her cigarillo*

No more to tell.  Just guessing. Since Belli was the cause of many people making many new premium alts and each of those  alts "now" is 100US  a year or more for  The Lab, it seems logical that the Lindens would either want to keep that money coming in or increase it.  From comments by many people on the Super Duper Premium threads (a year ago now maybe?), it seemed pretty clear that the thing that would make them want to upgrade would have to be land (more land).   

Introducing a new premium level with minimal enticements won't do much good. Most folks would just stay at the lower premium (they have said that here on the forums anyway).   If they want folks to fork out double the regular  premium (nothing about price has been said that I know of, just putting out a "number") then the enticement needs to be worth it. 

So just musing and logic.  No reason to believe I am correct :D.   Just that it fits together nicely. 

• Like 3

At this moment, Abnor is busy terraforming the uppermost region (1048) into a nice coastline.  Sailing through there is going to be really pleasant!

Several moles are at work right now on the new Vic land adjacent to it.  Including one new to me, created on Jan. 17th, Maximus Mole.

He obviously was hired specifically for the LH team.   I believe I saw this on some other Mole's profile too:

Q. How can I get a home?
A. Linden Homes are assigned through the website.  https://secondlife.com

Q. I don't see the new styles there.
A. If they are not listed that means all the available existing homes in that style are occupied.

Q. When are there going to be more?
A. As soon as we can make them and release them.

Q. Can you tell me exactly when?
A. No, I cannot. Sorry.

Q. I see a home I think is empty. How can I get it?
A. You can't. You can only get a home through the website.

Q. Can you help me get it?
A. No.

Q. Can you tell me when the next release is?
A. No.

Q. If I keep asking you questions, does it take you longer to make more homes?
A. Yes.

maximus_001.jpg.d64ab786ff0c812f10259e30cd84be38.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1