How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Tonight's "standing around on my skypad looking pretty" look.

You should stand around in places where you would get noticed.

35 minutes ago, seeno29 said:

I was shopping for fifty linden Fridays and i saw this lovely background at Heaux store that fits with my outfit, so i took a quick snapshot!

Snapshot_3861nkn.png

Can you tall me who makes you outfit please?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, taisiyakarpenko said:

Snapshot_5094psx.thumb.jpg.54f1592522ee3b61f4ca4c4cbea37ff0.jpg

cool outfit 😍

On 4/22/2020 at 6:58 AM, Charlotte Whimsy said:

I got nostalgic today, so here's my system avi. Hufflepuffs represent!

Snapshot_038.png

such an interesting face... so real.. not a stereotype avi

On 4/22/2020 at 6:16 PM, Seicher Rae said:

Spamming because I haven't taken photos for so long (or even been inworld). 

I am afraid of Photoshop. Don't judge. This is a rare PS for me. I liked the screenshot, and got some nice blur with depth of field, but I wanted more motion-type blur. So I did :) with PS. I didn't die and my computer didn't splode so I got really daring and added some noise, messed a bit with the contrast and did a smidge of cropping. IKR? I need a drink now...

ETA: Oh yeah, bees! :)

bees 042220_006 ps blur.jpg

wonderful as most of people rightly says

On 4/22/2020 at 10:40 PM, Eruka Nova said:

.i was just looking for happiness.

Love this... I wonder if it is a vision defect of sl or did you get it with ps, I've done something similar in my rl photos but with ps of course.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:18 PM, TDD123 said:

49807139671_3d7f382e42_o.thumb.jpg.a3e90e35d19e6fca179950079c897c11.jpg

I'm agree with Marigold, really impressive 💙

Edited by manoji Yachvili
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Sofia Gray said:

I haven't had much of a chance to check in here in a while, but I hope everyone is safe and healthy out there... ❤️

Been trying to get into the Spring/Summer spirit a little more lately...

MATANZAS1.jpg

Great picture! Nice to see you here again.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Thanks.

This is a good tutorial on the technique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to3EXCPfY4w

I use the Poser to freeze the avatar. Get my picture then without moving the camera change the image type in the Snapshot panel from COLOR to DEPTH and grab another image. It provides a perfectly aligned depth map.

I need to learn how to do this. I think someone, somewhere else, referred to it as stacking. (?) There's a photographer/blogger that does ah-maze-ing interior/still life shots and in a Facebook post she explained a bit about the process. She takes many shots to layer. I kind of followed the explanation and kind of didn't.

I may play around with the Bees! photo I posted. The blur I did got everything and I would prefer some of the bees to be crisper (that sounds funny) like in the raw shot. Someone said to use a mask. (?)

I appreciated your little notes on the photo you took. I wish more people would. Then again, a technical discussion of BD on posted photos lead to a silly brewhaha here so...

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 6:58 AM, Charlotte Whimsy said:

I got nostalgic today, so here's my system avi. Hufflepuffs represent!

Snapshot_038.png

This really is eerily good! ❤️ It's beyond me how you managed to put so much expression into your (system-avi, no less) face. Absolute, spot-on nostalgic pondering. Incredble!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I'm playing with Photoshop again... and Black Dragon. I see a number of recent YouTube tutorials on photography using Black Dragon. Seems to be getting more popular.

49812097132_4cc8a25b88_b.jpg

The blur is done using Photoshop's Lens Blur and a depth map from Black Dragon. PS allows me to control the amount of blur, effect on highlights, and add some gain.

But produces extremely visible visual artifacts, worse than what DoF does when you configure it wrong, ugh. You'd need some extra blur pass to mitigate that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zzevir said:

I'm not an expert on standing around and being pretty (or being pretty generally). But I think you could go to places with people (one or more) and being pretty there with them. 

getting as pretty as possible in the rain. send some more people over!

On 4/23/2020 at 1:13 PM, Paul Hexem said:

How to meet women: Am I doing it right?

free_shoes.thumb.png.51c0470b24d0d18d84d81d134d4a71e9.png

I am a bit of a barefoot contessa, so I probably would be more likely to chase you, my dear white van man, if you had "Free Cake" scrawled on the side of it, and smelled of vanilla. *sighs* 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10