How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

@ zZEVIR

Can you be that nice and post the land mark for that place? 

Its Silent Melody it on the destinations guide but you will have to look for the pub am not sure how I actually got to it, Enjoy

Edited by Laika Ravikumar
Forgot to add who asked for it lol
  • Thanks 2

Spamming because I haven't taken photos for so long (or even been inworld). 

I am afraid of Photoshop. Don't judge. This is a rare PS for me. I liked the screenshot, and got some nice blur with depth of field, but I wanted more motion-type blur. So I did :) with PS. I didn't die and my computer didn't splode so I got really daring and added some noise, messed a bit with the contrast and did a smidge of cropping. IKR? I need a drink now...

ETA: Oh yeah, bees! :)

bees 042220_006 ps blur.jpg

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Spamming because I haven't taken photos for so long (or even been inworld). 

I am afraid of Photoshop. Don't judge. This is a rare PS for me. I liked the screenshot, and got some nice blur with depth of field, but I wanted more motion-type blur. So I did :) with PS. I didn't die and my computer didn't splode so I got really daring and added some noise, messed a bit with the contrast and did a smidge of cropping. IKR? I need a drink now...

ETA: Oh yeah, bees! :)

bees 042220_006 ps blur.jpg

Wow. This is really magnificent.

Your pics are always great, and always really interesting, but this is a step beyond. Clearly, you need to be using PS more often.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. This is really magnificent.

Your pics are always great, and always really interesting, but this is a step beyond. Clearly, you need to be using PS more often.

Gosh, thanks. ...  ... I think  :p :)

But but but that is scary and I'd probably get all stressed and dieeeeeeeee. 

Not like you or anyone else asked (or cared) but since when has that stopped me? Here's the screenshot version. There are things I like about it better. I knew when I took it that I was going to play in PS, so I didn't bother doing the crop with the viewer:

bees 042220_006.png

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Gosh, thanks. ...  ... I think  😛 :)

Not like you or anyone else asked (or cared) but since when has that stopped me? Here's the screenshot version. There are things I like about it better. I knew when I took it that I was going to play in PS, so I didn't bother doing the crop with the viewer:

bees 042220_006.png

This is gorgeous, pre-PS tinkering. But I think the motion blur does add something? You could have gone with either, though: the quality of the composition and the image are wonderful in either case.

(I have to figure out what's going on with my computer and BD -- I have started crashing whenever I use DoF. Ugh.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Here's the screenshot version. There are things I like about it better. I knew when I took it that I was going to play in PS, so I didn't bother doing the crop with the viewer:

bees 042220_006.png

Though both versions are wonderful, I like the original screenshot best.

Blank space has value.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've discovered -- like, kind of seriously -- that I like "gardening," or "farming" in SL.

Go figure.

I recently discovered I like SL boating. That is not something I thought I would particularly care for. I said, "boating in SL does not sound exciting." Turns out that if I turn my draw distance up past 32, it does become more interesting and--dare I say it--FUN!!!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Gosh, thanks. ...  ... I think  😛 :)

bees 042220_006.png

I'm going to agree with everyone else here, I love this version a lot. The PS version is very nice, but I really, really love what you've got going on here in the raw version. You are very talented! Can I actually use this one in a photo frame for my apartment? I'll pay you if that's a problem, you know, with rights and all that. But this is one of those SL photographs that really speak to me. Also, do you display your photography anywhere like a gallery? I just scrolled up and saw your Flickr. Followed. Sorry if I'm obsessing, this is amazing to me. Absolutely stunning. Bravo!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

"Mr Boyle, run up the colours."
"Aye, sir."
"Note for the log, Mr Watt: 'Engaged enemy frigate at six bells'."
"Straight at 'em, Mr Mowett."
"Straight at 'em, sir."

49805265096_c4cc5c0182_h.jpg

I love the picture.  Isn't that a quote from the movie Master and Commander: Far Side of the World?  

The movie is good the books are wonderful.  I wish they'd based the movie on one of the books and not tried to jam two of them together that took place a decade apart in the chronology of the books.  Master and Commander being book 1 and Far Side of the World book 10.

Admiral Nelson's advice really depends on the ships involved.  In SL ship battles you don't want to go straight at a 12 gun broadside (the largest broadside on the typical boats used)  with your 2 bow guns.  Basic math means you'll be sunk.  You have to maneuver to get the angle where you take less damage than the other ship.  In fleet battles you need to stick together and support each other which is easier said than done.

• Like 3