How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

2 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

No one is demanding anything, but I think it’s obvious why some get likes and others get a few. Some have heavily modified snapshots and still get plenty of likes, so I fail to see your point. I’m just making an observation.

I got 20 likes and all I did was take a goofy pic of my avatar standing in front of some amplifiers while holding their guitar. I don't participate in the forum much and until then i'd never posted a photo here. Plus my avatar is furry. If anyone was going to have reason to suspect people were ignoring my avatar it would be the weirdo kangaroo dude. Ultimately likes depend on who's around and whether they dig something or not. Different people are going to dig different stuff. I think you're taking chaotic randomness a little too personally. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

It’s not how good you are on these forums. It’s how many people actually like you. You could be actually good and get ignored or as few likes compared to something less, but because they’re popular or more well liked, they get likes. 

I don't know about that, man. I haven't been on these forums very long and I think I got quite a few likes on my picture here from plenty of people who I don't know and they don't know me. I don't even pay attention to who is posting their pictures unless the picture in question blows me away. If I like a picture/post, I'm going to "like" it. If I don't like it or am simply indifferent to it, I will simply scroll by. And I'd venture to guess that everyone else more or less does the same thing. And as someone else mentioned, this isn't about the quality of photographs. The question was asked: "how does your avatar look today?" Some are posting really well produced snapshots and photoshops. Some are posting just regular snapshots with varying degrees of quality. Every single one is valid, regardless of how many likes they get. And it is up to each viewer whether or not they like that picture. If they do, great. If they don't, it's not that big of a deal. Second Life, inworld and out-of-world (like the forums), is a really great experience if you don't try so hard. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Charlotte Whimsy said:

I don't know about that, man. I haven't been on these forums very long and I think I got quite a few likes on my picture here from plenty of people who I don't know and they don't know me. I don't even pay attention to who is posting their pictures unless the picture in question blows me away. If I like a picture/post, I'm going to "like" it. If I don't like it or am simply indifferent to it, I will simply scroll by. And I'd venture to guess that everyone else more or less does the same thing. And as someone else mentioned, this isn't about the quality of photographs. The question was asked: "how does your avatar look today?" Some are posting really well produced snapshots and photoshops. Some are posting just regular snapshots with varying degrees of quality. Every single one is valid, regardless of how many likes they get. And it is up to each viewer whether or not they like that picture. If they do, great. If they don't, it's not that big of a deal. Second Life, inworld and out-of-world (like the forums), is a really great experience if you don't try so hard. 

From my observation, I heavily disagree and there definitely is something more to it, but it’s whatever. The whole internet is like that anyway. People in general are like that. Besides, it’s one against many. Of course, I’d be invalid. 

34 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

From my observation, I heavily disagree and there definitely is something more to it, but it’s whatever. The whole internet is like that anyway. People in general are like that. Besides, it’s one against many. Of course, I’d be invalid. 

I'm sorry that that's your observation. I hope things start looking up for you.

Anyway. My avatar looks a little like Leon from RE2.

lol, see what I mean when I got a little bit of likes compared to everyone else who has like 15-30 likes, but my picture gets purposefully ignored because people just wont admit to the fact they don’t like me and keep it real. And people claim it’s not about anything to make it seem like I’m the one starting something but I’m only telling the truth. Yeah whatever. Straight up BS.

664D11AA-25CD-4A80-9CF2-EF63F7C8BF3F.png

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
Because I hate everyone
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am more intimidated than I can say by this pic!

After 11+ years in SL, I'm still bumping into walls when I walk around.

I can't even begin to imagine the havoc I'd wreak flying about in something like this.

😆 I littered the SL landscape from Eden to Bellaseria with burning wrecks. 🙄 I don't know how many times someone has IM'd me, "Your helicopter is over here stuck in my swimming pool." :$ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Viking? (I'm more of a Saxon girl myself.)

Beautiful pic, Charlotte.

I was actually going for the Saxon look. I do have a few Viking dresses in my inventory but I saw this in a gacha at Sweet Kajira and was like, yeah. I'm about to spend dummy lindens on this.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Charlotte Whimsy said:

I was actually going for the Saxon look. I do have a few Viking dresses in my inventory but I saw this in a gacha at Sweet Kajira and was like, yeah. I'm about to spend dummy lindens on this.

It's lovely. And I love Saxon history and culture!

Personally, I'd kill for the teeniest tiniest little piece of Saxon jewelry. Nothing fancy: maybe just a modest brooch, in gold with garnet inlay.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Ugh spelling
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's lovely. And I love Saxon history and culture!

Personally, I'd kill for the teeniest tiniest little piece of Saxon jewelry. Nothing fancy: maybe just a modest broach, in gold with garnet inlay.

I love the period of history after the collapse of Rome where you see all these chiefdoms everywhere. It's like the storm of the Roman empire was over and there was a period of strange calm afterwards. I like how "quiet" things seem for a few centuries. Honestly, I love all of European history, especially prehistory though. Like when we were mating with the Neanderthals, kind of prehistory. I love the different cultures that popped up here and there, and the art that came out of it. Now, this isn't European, but it's my top favorite cave painting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cueva_de_las_Manos. Sorry, I could gush about history and anthropology for hours. I just love it so much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1