How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

I'm playing with Photoshop again... and Black Dragon. I see a number of recent YouTube tutorials on photography using Black Dragon. Seems to be getting more popular.

49812097132_4cc8a25b88_b.jpg

The blur is done using Photoshop's Lens Blur and a depth map from Black Dragon. PS allows me to control the amount of blur, effect on highlights, and add some gain.

• Like 25

18 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The blur is done using Photoshop's Lens Blur and a depth map from Black Dragon. PS allows me to control the amount of blur, effect on highlights, and add some gain.

I've seen a tutorial on this. My computer has begun to experience some difficulty with DoF in Black Dragon, so I should probably look again at it.

Nicely done!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've seen a tutorial on this. My computer has begun to experience some difficulty with DoF in Black Dragon, so I should probably look again at it.

Nicely done!

Thanks.

This is a good tutorial on the technique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to3EXCPfY4w

I use the Poser to freeze the avatar. Get my picture then without moving the camera change the image type in the Snapshot panel from COLOR to DEPTH and grab another image. It provides a perfectly aligned depth map.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Thanks.

This is a good tutorial on the technique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to3EXCPfY4w

I use the Poser to freeze the avatar. Get my picture then without moving the camera change the image type in the Snapshot panel from COLOR to DEPTH and grab another image. It provides a perfectly aligned depth map.

Ah! That's interesting. The tutorial I've seen (which was obviously specifically for SL) employed a customized Windlight to get the depth map!

• Like 2

pebbles in the shoe

(playing with windlight and sl filter)

if someone think he is better than others and no matter what the others do, he simply have a problem.
Ashlyn, if you don't trust yourself and your work and you are always looking for approval you will never have enough likes to satisfy your ego.
what I understood about this forum is that it is not based solely, as others have already underlined, on the quality of the photo to get "like" but on the emotion that arouses you looking at it and on the relationship you have with others.
I find that your photos are very well done, although some do not meet my taste, but if you then send me a private message whose subject is "hello ugly" and I reply "hello beautiful" and after this  follows the silence it's obvious that I ask myself the reason why this and I look at your work with more diffidence.
I lost the "future likes" of an other person (not you) simply because we had exchanges of private messages that obviously he didn't liked but not for this I am complaining and I'm asking every day in this forum "why don't you like me anymore?" (so for preventing other unpleasant message I disabled the pm button)
I think the purpose of this forum is quite simple, share some photos of your avatar, ask for advice and look at how others are, if you like something just push the botton "like" , otherwise go further and above all have fun, there is already real life there out which is tiring.
you can't spit on others and then want them to love you.

I hope to has been enough clear.. damm my poor english 😎

ps. I will "like" the photos later,... too much to read now  😜

playww-1.jpg

playww-2.jpg

Edited by manoji Yachvili
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Tonight's "standing around on my skypad looking pretty" look.

Snapshot_001f.jpg

I'm not an expert on standing around and being pretty (or being pretty generally). But I think you could go to places with people (one or more) and being pretty there with them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1