10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Now what are you going to do?

"Look, daddy, I made a modern art installation about the state of mankind in the 21st century!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Oh man. Maddy. I warned you not to get too close to the pond. Now what are you going to do? Your dad's gonna be coming to check the pond any minute now!

Mom and Dad's ashes are sprinkled all over the property. If I get stuck in the mud, I'll be stuck in them. When I was young, I was always underfoot. Now it's their turn.

We did get the tractor stuck a few times, mostly because the front wheels burrow in. If we couldn't back out, we'd use the bucket to crawl forward. I don't think we ever had to use the winch, but it's there.

• Like 4

On 1/17/2022 at 5:42 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Covid: the gift that keeps on giving!

On 1/17/2022 at 6:03 PM, Pamela Galli said:

A side effect of avoiding Covid by abandoning the gym and hiding out at home with lots of time to cook/study takeout menus. 

Just saw this news headline.  I'm kind of like....... DUH !!

image.png.29290b79daeb65280f7d7855059bddfc.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This may sound funny but we have seen an massive increase in obesity related issues in pets too over the past couple of years.

Even large animals like horses… probably caused by owners being around more and feeding them more treats than usual. 😢

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Something approximating that claim has probably been true for the last 100 years...
o_snm9_rfk-p7mavviyrww.png

Probably true for Americans 'as a whole'.

For me, I gained about as much weight in 2020 as I did the first year after I quit smoking.   It was hell to get off then, but I actually expect this to be harder.  Primarily because I am not as active as I was 20 years ago, and I have more health issues that make it difficult to even try being that active again.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

… probably caused by owners being around more and feeding them more treats than usual. 😢

I hadn't thought about that, but yes, we have probably been giving our cats more treats over the last couple of years.  They stay pretty active chasing each other around the house, so we've not see any weight increase from it, but that is something for me to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I hadn't thought about that, but yes, we have probably been giving our cats more treats over the last couple of years.  They stay pretty active chasing each other around the house, so we've not see any weight increase from it, but that is something for me to keep an eye on.

My friends in small animal practice were saying that it’s getting better thanks to the end of lockdowns and people being able to get out more and exercise their pets too. cats are tricksters! 🐈I have three indoor cats and they know how to pull every string to get treats. We both work with large animals so we were out and about most days as usual but kitties are so adaptable that even a small change in the routine doesn’t go unnoticed! 
I think the biggest issues were seen in dogs, especially those kept indoors. I think some dogs were either worn out to the bone by endless walks or at home putting on the pounds 🥲

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Something approximating that claim has probably been true for the last 100 years...
o_snm9_rfk-p7mavviyrww.png

Uh oh. I must be doing something wrong. I've lost weight. I've lost 2lbs in the past week so I'm at 125lbs now.  Which is less than the lowest weight shown. 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As usual, I follow the beat of a different drummer.  I lost weight.  More than likely because my main entertainment became walking with friends because it's safer to be outside with people than inside.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

People who think it's a smart idea to put flashing lights in their forum profile picture.  It's not cute and may trigger an epileptic seizure.   Not only a peeve but it should be banned from doing so.

It's bad enough in world when some clubs or people spawn flashing crap on the screen. Don't know how many times I had to bail due to that.

• Like 3

Peeve: Being attacked for not wanting to associate with greedy people as if there is something wrong with that. I make my decisions on who to associate with based on the same things everyone else does (honesty, integrity, kind, caring etc), yet I am wrong for not wanting to be around people who don't care who they walk over as long as they get what they want.

• Like 3

Peeve: I'm sure I've put this in here before but I'll do it again. People who use the pet peeve thread to respond to a another thread to gain sympathy and understanding because the original thread is not referenced.

Peeve 2.0: People who IM me in world from these forums. You automatically go on the block list.

• Like 3