Just for fun - Remembering old brands that have gone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:56 PM, Cube Republic said:

We could do a whole post just on memories of Rezzable productions. I really enjoyed their content a  lot and Light Waves was a bit of an Icon in second life too. I wonder if he's still around secretly. 

Them plus Mescaline Tammas who did amazing videos - >  (this one had Four Yip an also amazing artist in it)

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett

Donna Flora jewelry and couture...and does anyone remember K-boots.  I think it was the only item he sold in black and brown but I wore them with everything.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Kboots-black-engineerbiker-boots/718941

Guess he did sell other items and still does.

Edited by RowanMinx
Add
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 10:46 PM, Mary Absent said:

I miss the days when Maitreya made their first shoes.  Everybody wanted them.

I bought their Shearling boots in 2010, and when they were updated to mesh, I sent @Onyx LeShelle a note and asked if I could get them updated? It was a much too old purchase to be in the redelivery kiosk.

And guess what, I got a mesh pair delivered. That's class. ❤️🏆

Maitreya still sell shoes, boots and clothes, but it is only couple new releases in a year.

• Like 1

Alphamale (Yelmer Pfeffer)
(not the current store of the same name by a different avatar)

Mr. Poet (hiwinyu Fazuku)
I still have their sculpty scarf and still love it despite being slow to rez.  The store is still open inworld, but I haven't seen any new releases since 2012.

KMADD (Maddox Dupont)
Primarily an avatar customization store. I got my first pair of eyes from them.

Zanzo (Theodore DuCasse)

Edited by Gregorian Chant

Yes, I remember how busy KMADD used to be all the time. I picked up many group gifts of eyes and (prim) hair there. Their store never made the jump over to mesh.

And I very fondly remember the lovely ladies' classic pumps at Shiny Things, which looked so good on classic, system avatar feet! I still have them in my inventory.

By the way, if you ARE still rocking a classic, system avatar, Lindy's is the place to go for shoes. Most of their models also support classic avatar feet as well as the feet of most popular brands of male and female mesh bodies. Of course, most shoe stores no longer support classic avatar feet.

Anybody remember House of Heart hair? It was all prim/flexiprim based and it has aged TERRIBLY now, but I used to swoop down every time they announced a hunt. Eventually I just boxed up all the HoH hair but there's a part of me that can't quite bear to delete the boxes (yes, I'm a packrat!).House of Heart also used to include blindingly bright face and body facelights that lit you up with an almost nuclear glow. Ahh, memories...

Edited by Vanity Fair

Don't forget Miriel Enfield's jewelry and eyes.  I miss Donna Flora's "Milan" fashion sensibilities, she passed away from Cancer IIRC.  S!mone's and Nicky Ree's gowns.  Luminosity's casuals.

I don't delete, deletion is heresy, so I still have all my old Ivalde, Icing and Ingenue items...as well as everything else.  Inventory should always increase, never decrease, such is the way of things in SL.

Edited by CronoCloud Creeggan
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, CronoCloud Creeggan said:

Don't forget Miriel Enfield's jewelry and eyes.  I miss Donna Flora's "Milan" fashion sensibilities, she passed away from Cancer IIRC.  S!mone's and Nicky Ree's gowns.  Luminosity's casuals.

I don't delete, deletion is heresy, so I still have all my old Ivalde, Icing and Ingenue items...as well as everything else.  Inventory should always increase, never decrease, such is the way of things in SL.

All those plus Nonna Hedges - I did kill my inventory - it got too much when mesh came out, so sadly don't have any of these items.

Seconds Skins - they disappeared more than a decade ago. I never really liked their skins, they were too 'realistic' for me. But they made the best eyes. I wore them forever - (or at least until mesh heads started to really take off) and would get lots of comments about how they looked 'alive', how they were mesmerising and hypnotic - but they were just being normal eyes, no weirdness involved. Of course, the time came when I got a better graphics card and monitor and everything began to get better, higher resolution textures, all of that, and the Second Skin system eyes had to be put out to pasture. I now recommend AviGlam, by the way. But most of all I recommend searching out and investing in the best pair of eyes you can find - that's the quickest and best way to improve the overall appearance of your avatar. We're apes, and we notice eyes.

• 1 month later...

OK, I know this is an old thread, but reading it was such a wonderful trip down memory lane...

I miss Ivalde and Artilleri big time, it was nice to see them mentioned. Does anybody remember Enkythings? the marketplace is nothing but...mushrooms?????...but they sold prim shoes, and I used to really like them.

Dark Mouse had some lovely jewellery.

K boots are still awesome. So is that Mr poet scarf.

Buildings/ home decor:

Kuro had/has some really nice stuff, but nothing new in a long time.

And.. who else misses Y's House? I adored their builds, have a couple of them, wish I had bought them all. Technically the store is still around, but I haven't seen any new releases since forever. I wish I had bought THAT sofa (the one that appeared in a million Flickr pic) when I had the chance.

And Node+, which dippeared fairly recently - some lovely (but expensive) houses. The whole region (Slow) was beautiful, so serene and peaceful. I miss it.

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/3/2020 at 11:01 AM, Mari Moonbeam said:

Home Decor (mainly):

Baron Grayson's Relic

Sue Stonebender

Alchemy Immortalis , small shop in world but regions gone . Beautiful jewelry , great sheep (don't ask)

Julia Hathor

Yes, I miss all of them especially Julia Hathor.

And mudshakes.

Also Emma Merlin.

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

it crossed my mind to open a store selling Retro furniture and put all my old furniture up for sale again

if is prim made and modify then I think is some merit in doing this.  While is lots to be said for mesh furniture, being able to modify prim furniture and have the LI remain constant is quite a good thing. And for outdoor furniture, not having prim furniture collapse at distance as some mesh does is quite good also

prim furniture can also help as a tutorial guide to prim building generally. Which while not as in vogue as mesh building is, there are still quite a few people into prim building

I am surprised that two of the biggest fashion houses in SL back in the day have not been mentioned.  Heavens, I remember the fashion shows I attended by My Precious and Bliss!  I have kept every piece I purchased from those stores.  They are neatly packed away in their own storage boxes and I think I may do something with them like Skell is doing since BOM is the new thing.  I am not a pack rat.  I just hang to those items I deem are irreplaceable.  My Precious and Bliss did do a bit of mesh when it first hit the grid.  I have some of those pieces as well.  Have no idea why they closed but they are missed to this day by me.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
corrected a mispelling.

Eshi Otawara

Back in 2010 when I dabbled in the SL fetish scene and role-played “domme” (snickers) I wanted to deviate from the run-of-the-mill leather-clad dominatrix look and be as majestic and outlandishly glamorous as I could be so I wore her gowns almost every day. Eshi was one of my idols from SL, truly phenomenal and an artist like no other. Her fashion inspired me to take an extreme avant-garde route. I was saddened when I regained my account earlier this year after an 8-year-hiatus to discover that her shop no longer exists ...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.