Just for fun - Remembering old brands that have gone!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

46 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Virtual Attire by Shannara Llewellyn, which used to be on Wish Song region

Think this was 85% of my inventory 😺. Also liked Cobrahive, BC322 Rockers and RAWWR. 

I was going to say ::Duh! but they're still going on MP. Sadly don't seem to be selling their sneaker boots anymore (below) - best 25L I ever spent. Don't think I ever detached them!

e0164770_2555648.jpg.dd50e331f79ab67e9c797dc1c7efd5af.jpg

13 hours ago, Cube Republic said:

Someone should do a post of old outfits. SL has an almost 20 year fashion history! 

I've been doing this over on Flickr, with a series that I've called 'BoM Redux' - taking my favourite old system and sculpt looks and updating them using BoM and a few similar items in mesh. It's a lot of fun for someone who's an admitted SL packrat, and I had thought about creating a thread here for it.

In the meantime, so many of my favourite stores have already been mentioned here, but a few others:

• Valiant (fantastic menswear)
  • AVid (goth and leathers)
  • DMC/Desert Moon Clothiers (best system jeans in SL at the time)
  • Maschienenwerk (everything was free and such good quality; store later became Santos)
  • FNKY (eyewear that still holds up to this day)
  • Rawdolls (rocker-inspired accessories)
  • Kalnins (fantastic eyewear and footwear)
  • A:S:S (glam for the boys)
  • Nachtmusik (yet more glam for the boys)
  • Discord (Japanese region with tons of lucky chairs and some brilliant outfits)
  • SEY (menswear; god I bought so much from here)
  • Annex (footwear store on the same region as Aoharu)
  • Shiny Things (anyone else get half their footwear collection from there?)
  • Naith Smit (I probably bought every single item of jewellery that he sold)

Plus pretty much any store selling at The Block, which was the first quarter-region enclosed shopping location I ever found (and used to hang out at a lot). For some reason I can only remember the store names beginning with 'm' - Moderno, Mechanism, Monogrind.

And some whose creators are still around, but who no longer make the stuff they once did:

• Truth (used to make clothing alongside hair)
  • Silent Sparrow (gorgeous hand-painted clothing; now mainly makes plushies)
  • Fruk (great skins, now creates hair as Modulus)

I was about to add Sinistyle to the list - since he no longer creates in SL - but on checking his profile I found that he's one of those rare, wonderful people who has uploaded all of his old items to the Marketplace.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

M-Alt does get an update note every now and then. 

Yeah, I think they did rebrand (I think it was to 'Glamistry'?) sometime in the last couple of years, but as far as I know they came back with female-only heels. Kalnins as a brand went silent for many years, though, which was a shame. It was another store where I bought just about everything on sale.

Edited by Skell Dagger

5 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Think this was 85% of my inventory 😺. Also liked Cobrahive, BC322 Rockers and RAWWR. 

I was going to say ::Duh! but they're still going on MP. Sadly don't seem to be selling their sneaker boots anymore (below) - best 25L I ever spent. Don't think I ever detached them!

e0164770_2555648.jpg.dd50e331f79ab67e9c797dc1c7efd5af.jpg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5imageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5imageproxy.php?img=&key=a03a54f708f2dfe5

I have those! And I still wear them sometimes.

Skins stores were mentioned and I remember Dutch Touch and have a few skins from there. I also loved Glance which is now gone. I still wear a Glance body skin as BOM and a head skin from another store with Izzie's neck blender. Her/His body skins still look great today.

OMG I remember all the fuss over Stiletto Moody shoes!

One in-world store I dearly miss is Eolande's, which had some lovely jewelry. I wish I had picked up a few more items before they closed down!

Also, Pixeldolls. And I second Silent Sparrow, their stuff was awesome.

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 2

I miss LoveCats as one my best friends who is like sister in and out of SL we met there, Virtual Attire and Avid though still have my Avid short pixie red hair which similar to my RL hair just minus the curls! :D 

• Like 2

A few that come to mind for me:

DV8

PixelDolls

Angelwing

Material Squirrel

Mischief (**MIS**)  / JANE! (Jane! still has a MP but i've not seen anything new in a few years now)  (Janie Marlowe started with MIS and sold that brand and started up Jane! after.  both brands are now gone as far as I can tell).

House Of Europe (HOE)

Wetherby's

VoguE

Mentine

Sassy

edit:

Oh and Burroughs.  Jewelry and eyes.  Best eyes I've ever found even now and the ones I still use, I got from them in 2011.

Edited by Anna Salyx
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Anna Salyx said:

Oh and Burroughs.  Jewelry and eyes.  Best eyes I've ever found even now and the ones I still use, I got from them in 2011.

Burroughs, yes! When they closed I went and bought up a lot of their things. And this reminds me of Donna Flora. Also I nice jewelry store that is now gone.

• Like 1

Detour! For the flexiest of flexi hair. I still have a bunch in my inventory. I am sad that I got rid of my Surf Couture items, because I was going to do a recreation of a typical day in 2008.  Also have fond memories of Armidi.

773b0d5630d71bf1a4f84a215639b645.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

Detour! For the flexiest of flexi hair. I still have a bunch in my inventory. I am sad that I got rid of my Surf Couture items, because I was going to do a recreation of a typical day in 2008.  Also have fond memories of Armidi.

Ohh I loved the Detour flexi hair, this is their Torrid hair.

original_5f207d46d9859c1addc29abb.png

Wearing one of my favourite outfits from back then, The Royal desire from Secret Passions (Samy Firehawk). The shop is still there on marketplace but nothing new for a long time. They stopped making stuff around the time alphas came out.

Another place still on marketplace but not been updated in forever are Grim Bros. amazingly creative and fun sculpty clothes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

I miss LoveCats as one my best friends who is like sister in and out of SL we met there, Virtual Attire and Avid though still have my Avid short pixie red hair which similar to my RL hair just minus the curls! :D 

I remember the lucky chairs at LoveCats! Although I prefered Bananaberry, K&L and Adi Cat for my Neko stuff... but lucky chairs and group gifts at Lovecats, was a winner.

No one has mentioned Devicious yet, loved their boots and the flexi belts. Here I am with an Action Hair on a Tama bike (RIP - Fox and RIP Picasa too).

original_5f20a5e7d774f863698b5a48.png

Edited by Aethelwine

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Bennelong jewellery made from prims.   I don't know who remembers Preston Gravois now.  Here is the Heart of Eclipse set.

Bennelong Heart of Eclipse.jpg

This is a tiara I commissioned for some posh event. 

Bennelong Garnet Tiara.jpg

If that's all prims that amazing. To have fitted all the parts together to make the faceted jewel would have been a pain

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.