Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In fact, let me go a little further and beg you not to AR it.  Any Linden receiving the report would HAVE to remove it, because you just can't have every Tom, Dick and Resi putting up fake lighthouses and, who knows, house boat clones etc.. But this ONE GUY, this one clever guy ... oh, lets let it be!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

In fact, let me go a little further and beg you not to AR it.  Any Linden receiving the report would HAVE to remove it, because you just can't have every Tom, Dick and Resi putting up fake lighthouses and, who knows, house boat clones etc.. But this ONE GUY, this one clever guy ... oh, lets let it be!

I'd say that if you are going to let one do it, you have to let everyone do it. So be careful what you wish for. ;) 

• Like 4

Some Bellisserian creativity, like my example, certainly skirts the line of what is appropriate, acceptable and allowed. We definitely don't want things to get anywhere near the point of mainland chaos, but on the other hand, the neighborhoods could become boring and stagnant if residents are afraid to do anything too far out of the box. It seems like it will be an uneasy balance to maintain, but I'm sure LL will try their best as Bellisseria matures.

In one of my explorations, I came across one of the V1.0 'painted lady' Victorians done up as Addams goth, and was quite impressed (and envious) at what they had done with the exterior of their place. And I am sure the immediate neighbors have their own opinions, and maybe some will be sad on that day that the trim was repainted to white and the body became much more cheerful. Like with importing mesh, maybe there needs to be a set of rules to accept and follow in order to use - and keep - certain advanced abilities, such as exterior tinting, to keep things interesting but not chaotic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Where would something like this fall? On first view, it's really not that bad. It seems themely for the seaside but probably not something you could strap to the top of your vehicle when your RV camper vacation is over ....

Lighthouse_front.thumb.png.827b257d101d4838bd03a4567d94afe9.png

And then you get this view ...

Lighthouse_back.thumb.png.96452bf6dd9534884506ba1ce308691e.png

To AR or not to AR, that is the hypothetical question.

That COULD with some changes look quite "in place" . There is the height issue of course but I have thought some additions were over 15 meters when they were not. 15 meters is TALL.  Not sure if that is the smallest trailer. Using the smallest one would of course be helpful. Adding some bushes to tie the trailer to the house? Maybe a walkway to wherever the door is?  There ARE possibilities with this that would make it more pleasing.   

From my AR experiences it would not be flagged for change, I have reported MUCH worse and they were never changed.  

That is a pretty desolate lot. It really needs some TLC though.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

the neighborhoods could become boring and stagnant if residents are afraid to do anything too far out of the box. It seems like it will be an uneasy balance to maintain, but I'm sure LL will try their best as Bellisseria matures.

In one of my explorations, I came across one of the V1.0 'painted lady' Victorians done up as Addams goth, and was quite impressed (and envious) at what they had done with the exterior of their place.

i think Patch already told several times, if you want your own builds and expressions, move to the mainland. Belli isn't made for that. The same as the old Linden homes, Belli is meant to get a taste of living, nót the freedom of mainland.
The covenant is there for a reason. If people don't want to keep to that, move out.
He (Patch) was also very clear about not using the bug in coloring the outside of the homes.. and even future limitations in the covenants to prevent use of shells and add ons.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That COULD with some changes look quite "in place" . There is the height issue of course but I have thought some additions were over 15 meters when they were not. 15 meters is TALL.  Not sure if that is the smallest trailer. Using the smallest one would of course be helpful. Adding some bushes to tie the trailer to the house? Maybe a walkway to wherever the door is?  There ARE possibilities with this that would make it more pleasing.   

From my AR experiences it would not be flagged for change, I have reported MUCH worse and they were never changed.  

That is a pretty desolate lot. It really needs some TLC though.   

Perhaps the Williamsburg would fit better, it has a woodwork outside, and with using the "turn" option a better placement compared to the tower.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Perhaps the Williamsburg would fit better, it has a woodwork outside, and with using the "turn" option a better placement compared to the tower.

When I tried the turn option (as my alt) it would only do 180 degrees, not 90.   Might be different on different models. Not sure.      But yes two other styles that are more houselike would be in better keeping.  

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i think Patch already told several times, if you want your own builds and expressions, move to the mainland....

Responding to the part over. Yes, by all means, I can move. But I will not move to the wild mainland. Unless LL makes a new continent with some rules, I will not invest thousands of Li in mainland when everybody and anybody can litter around it with floating crap.

I can use a few hundred on a small temporary parcel. I can leave such a parcel with minimal loss. But buying 4000 + m is seldom cheap.

Yes, I am prepared for this argument: Rent in a private estate. My reply is then, if I move to a private estate, I will cancel premium and use the money on rent. Currently I have 4 accounts on premium. I am sure that can cover for a nice place. LL will then loose the safe income, and I have no emotional connection to estate land. I can leave it any time I want a break, then rent another parcel later. I am sure I save money on renting as a basic resident. I am paying premium for no tier and the safety, It also gives me a deeper connection to the land. It is my land, not the landlord's land.

Asking LL to let me buy a part of abandoned mainland for low cost is possible. Maybe they do that, or maybe they set the land on auction because they see it can be desirable and drive up the price. I can still run into the problem with neighbors, even if I got abandoned land.

Firestorm let me derender one by one object, but I bet an option like...... Click inside another parcel and choose "Derender all content on this land" would be popular. Something to wish for. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Click inside another parcel and choose "Derender all content on this land" would be popular. Something to wish for. 

Now THAT, I would love to see!

I have a large mainland holding that looks on to a parcel that has floating decor in bright garish colours. It has been there for many years, I see the owner occasionally on their parcel so it’s not redundant. It wasn’t a problem for me to the extent that it put me off purchasing the land, and I have indeed derendered some of the items that float quite high on my FS viewer, but logging in last night on my LL viewer I was reminded what was there. A button that could defender en masse though, would be lovely.

Edited by Walpurgisnacht
Expanded to include reason
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Responding to the part over. Yes, by all means, I can move. But I will not move to the wild mainland. Unless LL makes a new continent with some rules, I will not invest thousands of Li in mainland when everybody and anybody can litter around it with floating crap.

I can use a few hundred on a small temporary parcel. I can leave such a parcel with minimal loss. But buying 4000 + m is seldom cheap.

Yes, I am prepared for this argument: Rent in a private estate. My reply is then, if I move to a private estate, I will cancel premium and use the money on rent. Currently I have 4 accounts on premium. I am sure that can cover for a nice place. LL will then loose the safe income, and I have no emotional connection to estate land. I can leave it any time I want a break, then rent another parcel later. I am sure I save money on renting as a basic resident. I am paying premium for no tier and the safety, It also gives me a deeper connection to the land. It is my land, not the landlord's land.

Asking LL to let me buy a part of abandoned mainland for low cost is possible. Maybe they do that, or maybe they set the land on auction because they see it can be desirable and drive up the price. I can still run into the problem with neighbors, even if I got abandoned land.

Firestorm let me derender one by one object, but I bet an option like...... Click inside another parcel and choose "Derender all content on this land" would be popular. Something to wish for. 

you dón't have to move, but in that case, more or less, have to confirm yourself to the covenant. If somebody, hypothetical, has multiple removals or warnings for breaking the covenant, the possession of a LH should be denied, and only have the option for mainland or estate.
Of course we'r not talking about a plant to far on the edge, but like shown examples of huge trees, out of theme houses added, or forrests.
Stamping your feet .. i won't ..unless... i will not... won't help a lot :)

btw.. firestorm lets you derender multiple objects with one click, select/click/done

• Like 1

It could be the glitch . A few times when i tried to place a chair and sofa  the items   never appeared . After i loged in later my chair and sofa were on my roof !!!   im them and ask if they see what you see. Had i not loged in before going to  bed my sofa and chair would  have been on the roof for hours !!!  The sl viewer did not pick it up  so could be they are using the sl viewer . Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

It could be the glitch . A few times when i tried to place a chair and sofa  the items   never appeared . After i loged in later my chair and sofa were on my roof !!!   im them and ask if they see what you see. Had i not loged in before going to  bed my sofa and chair would  have been on the roof for hours !!!  The sl viewer did not pick it up  so could be they are using the sl viewer . Just a thought.

yup  at the back the complete sofa and chairs are sitting on the roof  ,but its that fence i hated most  ,it had a moving object at it  ,Stephen  Kings IT  banging at it   ,i derendered all 

54 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Click inside another parcel and choose "Derender all content on this land" would be popular. Something to wish for. 

Now THAT, I would love to see!

A new PREMIUM PLUS perk = SOLD! I'll buy that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Atina0 said:

i guess its  all a matter of taste   ,my new backneighbour 

image.thumb.png.56aab7c0a66b5195ea2609587c365fbb.png

ONE MAN AND A TRUCK
ESTABLISHED MAY 1, 2018

FRONT DOOR PARKING NOT A PROBLEM

Our drivers are prompt and on time and will deliver your goods right to your front door.
"We pull out the brakes to get the job done fast. Ask any satisfied customer."

Customer Satisfaction:  0                                                                                                                                             Customer Complaints: 1

This company is no longer in business as of May 2, 2018

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

In Firestorm viewer, two other options to derendering individual objects are edit - drag box around multiple objects - right click - blacklist from pie menu, and area search by owner name - select all in list - right click - blacklist.

Not as handy as a "derender all on parcel" feature but quite useful. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

In Firestorm viewer, two other options to derendering individual objects are edit - drag box around multiple objects - right click - blacklist from pie menu, and area search by owner name - select all in list - right click - blacklist.

Not as handy as a "derender all on parcel" feature but quite useful. 

using that same technique to grab all copy items as a coalesced object is a key to a Game of Homes quick move in/out too :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you dón't have to move, but in that case, more or less, have to confirm yourself to the covenant. If somebody, hypothetical, has multiple removals or warnings for breaking the covenant, the possession of a LH should be denied, and only have the option for mainland or estate.
Of course we'r not talking about a plant to far on the edge, but like shown examples of huge trees, out of theme houses added, or forrests.
Stamping your feet .. i won't ..unless... i will not... won't help a lot :)

btw.. firestorm lets you derender multiple objects with one click, select/click/done

Oh yes, follow the rules and all that. I totally agree. 

Anyone old enough to remember the blog where they posted ugly avatars and laughed of them?

Most content here is clearly violating the rules, but some things coming up is more "this is bad taste". 

AR what you don't like and let LL sort it out. If it isn't dealt with, it is not a violation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

The problem is that LLs views having to leave mainland for a Linden Home as the punishment... and we all view having to leave a Linden Home for mainland as the punishment...

What we see as an upgrade, they see as the downgrade... as Patch has made clear with the comments about folks who don't like a theme or want to do more... and it's the more part I would focus on here... to the community... mainland is -more- of a -less-...

As @Marianne Little notes... you go there with all your stuff... and it's instantly ruined by the neighbors and the no rules...

We come to the Linden Homes to be able to actually do more... to get 'use and enjoyment' out of our land.

Mainland would be a more if all you wanted was a libertarian sandbox... :P (and is for such folks, but they're not the folks here).

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

It's been 4 days since I AR'ed what I found not in theme next door. But only after living next to it since August, with everything blacklisted, in the hopes of them reading the covenant. I finally decided to just move instead. I saw the parcel being claimed and abandoned quite a few times until I stopped checking. It may be, since it's been that many days, that the decor has been deemed appropriate and that I am just to sensitive about what I think would be in theme or not :) I'm ok with that.

22 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

At Skitz Isle, there are large platforms with grids that are good for building. It'd be easy to make the platform there, put it in inventory (like a Tardis lol) then take it above.  I'd need the trick of making your boundaries  extend vertically to make make sure not to go outside my plot.

You can also find a very handy Builder-grid-texture in the market place like this one:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Basic-Builders-Grid-Texture/8534776

Rez a prim, make it 10 x 10 wide, then drop the texture on it (texture ratio should be 1 to 1). For a larger size, edit the prim, (un-check stretch texture), then stretch prim to desired size (like your borders).

Instant workbench to rez stuff on, build, drop a sky box on it & Know where your border is at all times while in the sky.   

Rez a prim and stretch it edge to edge of the exact property lines.  (Mainland property can take a few linked prims to get the full layout).  While in edit mode, adjust the number higher for the arrow up to place it in the sky.  fly up to the prim & land on it, make a landmark.    Great tip previously mentioned too:  Edit that prim texture/color using a nice sky blue (sides/bottom) so it stands out less. 

I tend to build on a sky workbench (platform) where things are out of the way from the casual passer by, no trees or walls affecting my view, & projects left out don't bother the neighbors. 

For larger projects building right to the property's edge,  I build & finish out about 90% done on a sky workbench, and then lower my work straight down onto the finished lot(s).  Even in edit mode,  Some projects don't like to rez in place from inventory when too close or right on property lines  (This was done with the "Bay City Canal Terminal", you can find it in search, open to the public).

Basic.JPG

Edited by Mitch Merricks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I wish LL would respond to ARs about covenant issues more swiftly. There is a 3-story Victorian house add-on on Albans and an anchored car on the road that is annoying me.

Yes, especially when the issue being AR'd is a definite covenant violation -- platforms rezzed at 300m, add-ons that are way over the 15m mark, parcel covered with a snow prim and a blizzard happening on the parcel.  It is extremely frustrating when things like that are still there a week later.

2 hours ago, Koltari said:

It's been 4 days since I AR'ed what I found not in theme next door. 

When an AR is submitted about something possibly being in theme - well, that is a whole different matter.  There are so many opinions on what is in theme.  For all we know, those type of things may have to be decided on in committee.  I could understand why those might take a little longer -- especially with Bellisseria still being fairly new (in the grand scheme of things) and "in theme" may still be being worked out.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.