Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today my neighbor that seriously likes big boats (& you just can't lie about that)... rezzed an airport...

Suddenly I am extremely glad we have a 2000m rule on sky builds... because she rezzed it at 2020m up... them other sisters may deny, but I just don't have to care.

Unlike all those amazingly horrible mainland coastal airports that blight out Blake Sea - this one is not up in my face...

This is what makes Bellisseria worth it. No getting sprung over freaking airports 20m off the ground over the entire coastline. :D

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 1/6/2020 at 12:45 AM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah I've lived on Zindra for so long that I keep forgetting people hide this stuff in the rest of SL... 🤪

I'm hoping that LL's release of the Victorian Linden Homes is going to inspire someone to make something I've always thought SL badly needs -- a top-quality steampunk sex bed, complete with ornate polished mahogany and brass fittings, steam-power pumps and pistons, plasma orbs and Van der Graaff generators, levers, gears, transmission belts, flywheels and such, accompanied by clouds of steam and lots of sparks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I'm hoping that LL's release of the Victorian Linden Homes is going to inspire someone to make something I've always thought SL badly needs -- a top-quality steampunk sex bed, complete with ornate polished mahogany and brass fittings, steam-power pumps and pistons, plasma orbs and Van der Graaff generators, levers, gears, transmission belts, flywheels and such, accompanied by clouds of steam and lots of sparks.

My highlighting.

latest?cb=20130627063254

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

17 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

a top-quality steampunk sex bed, complete with ornate polished mahogany and brass fittings, steam-power pumps and pistons, plasma orbs and Van der Graaff generators, levers, gears, transmission belts, flywheels and such, accompanied by clouds of steam and lots of sparks.

ccf4f1242d3573f66ad8160a8841d48d.jpg&f=1

steampunk%20bed%20smoke.jpg?1286034698

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NV-Steampunk-Love-Bedroom-Set-II/1486457

Be careful what you wish for...

Bahahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That's a start but where are the crankshafts, gears and mighty throbbing steam pistons and reciprocating valves?   Does it come with plasma orbs and sky-kites to attract the lightning?   Where do you shovel the coal and and can you draw hot water and steam from the system to make refreshing cups of tea and cappuccino when necessary?

I want a steampunk version of this, I guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

but where are the crankshafts, gears and mighty throbbing steam pistons and reciprocating valves? 

These are attachments, they do all the humping and pumping work so you only have to lay there like a rag-doll and still reap all the euphoria of PixelSex. :D

Edited by Alyona Su

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

These are attachments, they do all the humping and pumping work so you only have to lay there like a rag-doll and still reap all the euphoria of PixelSex. :D

Lay there? Where is the advantage of automation if you can't go down the shops and leave the bed to do the whole thing by itself? :D

• Haha 2

Went to explore and over west lake another skybuilder pad way below  allowed placement placement heightt   with beds as well ,,,,, so it is at westlake and very visable .  I have im the owner  no reply and the owner is not new arreport_001.thumb.png.7d6aa2abd14b1f35ce4e0b9373f3aa39.pngavarreport_002.thumb.png.7f3b44928fbbac8273afd37574e6b68d.pngarreport.pngaaa_001.thumb.png.a64ac64fabebdacc535dd6297aaf415d.png

Edited by roseelvira
  • Sad 3

Coiuld it be people  are thinking well a platform is not a sky box and the covenate  reads as  ((( *Skyboxes are only allowed above 2000m. )))Should this be expanded to cover the multitude of different  types of  sky blemishes ?   Just hate seeing this !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

Went to explore and over west lake another skybuilder pad way below  allowed placement placement heightt   with beds as well ,,,,, so it is at westlake and very visable .  I have im the owner  no reply and the owner is not new arreport_001.thumb.png.7d6aa2abd14b1f35ce4e0b9373f3aa39.pngavarreport_002.thumb.png.7f3b44928fbbac8273afd37574e6b68d.pngarreport.pngaaa_001.thumb.png.a64ac64fabebdacc535dd6297aaf415d.png

Well, the platform is not what intrigues me, but the fact that in 2020, people are still using an oldie sex bed with ball poses

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

I have im the owner  no reply and the owner is not new av

don't bother messaging, AR  without noticing the owner, saves you possible resident-resident drama.
However it looks neighbourish to attend your neighbours about covenant abuse, it's LL job to clean up for breaking covenants.
And everybody can read it, it's available at ány parcel.

Since a alt of me is househopper, i see quite alot on Belli and there are more and more incidents with breaking covenants, in special people think their creations are awesome .. medieval themed particle hell on a camper,black box photostudio at top of a Trad, beach houses attached to boats, palmforrest attached to boats  ..just a few things from last days.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

It is the sky blight that  is a bit hummmm  ...  I have met a few whho did not understand the rule of height  of placement  and once i gave tem the info within a few minutes  things were placed even above the 2000  ,,  But people who have been in sl for a number of years  ,,, i get confused as it is just a misunderstanding of the term skybox and they need a list ,,,  or pusing the boundaries ,,,,

I have done the ar ,,, hated to do it but ,,,,,  sigh 

Just sad to see all the hard work that the team  did and now to be spoiled  by  sky junk  .   Could  ll  do a auto return for the specific  spaces between the  heighhts that are to be open sky so if one leaves a platform after doing pic  anyone could auto return  said platform or sky blemish  etc    It would  ease up on some of the work the moles have to do . I would rather have the moles continue to create amazing  homes for us  and not  to have to waste precious time going around  having to deal with  sky junk .

• Like 7

10 hours ago, roseelvira said:

Went to explore and over west lake another skybuilder pad way below  allowed placement placement heightt   with beds as well ,,,,, so it is at westlake and very visable .  I have im the owner  no reply and the owner is not new

@Patch Linden - I think the covenant needs a bit of rewording / clarification.  I have seen (and reported) quite a few platforms in the 150-300m range.  When I IM'd one person about a platform that I ran into, they told me that the Covenant said "sky boxes" must be above 2000m, but not necessarily anything else.  Maybe we are seeing so many of these because people truly believe that only actual skyboxes have to be up higher.  Maybe some sort of rewording that explicitly says that the area between 15m and 2000m must be kept clear of all objects.

ETA:  And said covenant re-wording then needs to somehow be blasted to all Bellisseria residents - I know you folks are working on that targeted announcement piece.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't bother messaging, AR  without noticing the owner, saves you possible resident-resident drama.
However it looks neighbourish to attend your neighbours about covenant abuse, it's LL job to clean up for breaking covenants.
And everybody can read it, it's available at ány parcel.

Since a alt of me is househopper, i see quite alot on Belli and there are more and more incidents with breaking covenants, in special people think their creations are awesome .. medieval themed particle hell on a camper,black box photostudio at top of a Trad, beach houses attached to boats, palmforrest attached to boats  ..just a few things from last days.

I have been reporting tons of stuff over the last few weeks.  With that last huge release, there have been even more people coming into Bellisseria, with way to many of them apparently NOT reading the Covenant - or not fully understanding ALL of the implications of it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, roseelvira said:

It would  ease up on some of the work the moles have to do . I would rather have the moles continue to create amazing  homes for us  and not  to have to waste precious time going around  having to deal with  sky junk .

Don't worry about this part so much.  For the most part, the Moles are not the ones that deal with the ARs and clean up the sky-blight.  I think they only deal with stuff if they happen to notice a post here that gives a general location or if someone messages them directly (which most of us try not to do much).

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

they told me that the Covenant said "sky boxes" must be above 2000m, but not necessarily anything else.

I'm thinking there's a lot of people out there who don't really understand Belli, maybe we need some founding principles? ie what the rules are for as well.

• Like 2

• Moles
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Patch Linden - I think the covenant needs a bit of rewording / clarification.  I have seen (and reported) quite a few platforms in the 150-300m range.  When I IM'd one person about a platform that I ran into, they told me that the Covenant said "sky boxes" must be above 2000m, but not necessarily anything else.  Maybe we are seeing so many of these because people truly believe that only actual skyboxes have to be up higher.  Maybe some sort of rewording that explicitly says that the area between 15m and 2000m must be kept clear of all objects.

ETA:  And said covenant re-wording then needs to somehow be blasted to all Bellisseria residents - I know you folks are working on that targeted announcement piece.

The covenant also states that "All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher." That covers just about everything else. A platform is a structure (floating or not) so it should not be higher than 15m. I also imagine a platform at 15m in the air would not likely comply with keeping the home "in theme". Either way... If someone wants a platform for building it should be above 2000m. Not being "boxed in" is not a viable loophole. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Serious question: what happens to repeat offenders. Not the people whom, once they  actually read the covenant, try to be in compliance, but the people (there's always "that" person) who try to bend, break, find the loophole, etc... it must take time to deal with them, time I'm sure Lindens could spend on other matters....?

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.