Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

47 minutes ago, Kelli Voom said:

I care what it says.  I care quite emphatically.

I believe that's allowed.  My wanting the sign gone, not because of what it says, but because it is FULBRIGHT, does not in any way infringe upon your rights to have an opinion about what the sign says and represents.

Although, now that I ponder a bit, I would rather not see any RL political crap in SL at all, in any context or form, but I am not in charge.

7 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Confederate Flag or Gadsden Flag? Two entirely different things...

The two symbols often go hand in hand these days...

What differences they may have had in meaning are somewhat vanishing in current times.

A bit like how 'hacker' and 'cracker' (the type of computer user, not the reference to an ethnic group) became meaningless distinctions once the public got a hold of them, no matter how much 'hackers' try to explain the difference.

The days you will see the Gadsden one almost exclusively flown by the type of 'Klansman' that wears a polo shirt and red hat instead of a white sheet... regardless of whatever that flag was supposed to mean.

/rolleyes

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

I keep my political signs INSIDE the walls of my home, even somewhat on my mainland parcel.

It's just a better way to avoid hassles.

That said, I seriously look down on anyone who 'dislikes' political awareness. If you are not politically educated and aware, you are being manipulated by those who's agenda is out of your control - and most often that means those who are acting against your interests...

We need MORE not less civics, history, and political science education...

But it's also pointless holding arguments when most people lack much education beyond whatever news media supports their views (left or right). The real problem is that if more people were aware... a lot of politicians on all sides would end up unemployed... because they all paint narratives designed to mess with our emotions and get us to fight on topis where, once the rhetoric and framing is removed - people often actually agree...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Both appropriated by the far right and Nazis.  Happy Passover. 😠

The Gadsden Flag is a symbol against tyranny and government overreach. I know lots of libertarians, both those right and left-leaning on social issues. The Gadsden Flag is far more appropriate for their philosophy than it is for Nazis. In a relatively free society, nothing stops any group from "appropriating" any symbol they wish. Some racists appropriate Christian symbols, for example.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Queue covenant updates in 3.... 2... 1..

The flag and wall are are out of theme, the flag poles are too tall and real-life political signage has no business in Bellisseria. 

Kinda like discussing politics:

• Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life.
  • No Flaming: "Flames" are hostile or disruptive posts, or messages intended to incite an angry response. Spirited discussion and constructive disagreement are welcome, but name-calling and airing of grievances are not appropriate in our discussion areas. We will also not tolerate any post that encourages others to violate any policy of Linden Lab
  • Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 16

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.