Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity1776

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

WTF, is that snow cloud over SAND??

Yeah, so people have no concept of climate or theme.

I was actually in a mood tonight, even more so after those two items above, so I pulled up the map and went to a few plots that were obviously parcels totally covered in snow and did some reporting.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, so people have no concept of climate or theme.

I was actually in a mood tonight, even more so after those two items above, so I pulled up the map and went to a few plots that were obviously parcels totally covered in snow and did some reporting.

I'd have worn out my keyboard if I'd done that to all the full white snow prim parcels I've seen this week. I think every neighborhood I have explored has had at least one! No one seems to have the concept of "a light dusting".

I did AR some of the most heinous offenders (those who combined the full snow coverage with snow particles that flew outside of their parcel, etc.) 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'd have worn out my keyboard if I'd done that to all the full white snow prim parcels I've seen this week. I think every neighborhood I have explored has had at least one! No one seems to have the concept of "a light dusting".

I did AR some of the most heinous offenders (those who combined the full snow coverage with snow particles that flew outside of their parcel, etc.) 

ARing obvious offenders is sometimes very soothing to the soul - at least when I'm in a pissy mood anyway.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

/me frowns at the Lindens.  See?  THAT'S what your five house limit does to people!  Drives them mad with frustration, it does.  All your fault.

Be very ashamed!

• Haha 4

Just a thought, I know from previous experience that an owner of private region has the option to send out an instant message to everyone who's currently on that region. It appears on your screen as one of those blue menus. I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if Patch or the Moles had some system where they could send out a Bellisseria-wide notice to all residents when required, to remind them about keeping in theme, encroachment, orb settings, or the like. I think it could be very useful in alerting people to rules that perhaps they aren't aware of.

I moved into a houseboat a few days ago, got really frustrated doing the whole game of homes things, and didn't get exactly what I was after. So when I landed this end-of-row spot with an empty water region next door, I thought "bugger it, this is good enough". Thankfully, as I mentioned previously, there seems to be less covenant-breaking amongst houseboat owners, which I am convinced is because they have no actual yard to screw up. Having said that, I have noticed that the neighbour behind me has basically nothing inside their houseboat, except of course for a 0-second orb 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Just a thought, I know from previous experience that an owner of private region has the option to send out an instant message to everyone who's currently on that region. It appears on your screen as one of those blue menus. I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if Patch or the Moles had some system where they could send out a Bellisseria-wide notice to all residents when required, to remind them about keeping in theme, encroachment, orb settings, or the like. I think it could be very useful in alerting people to rules that perhaps they aren't aware of.

I moved into a houseboat a few days ago, got really frustrated doing the whole game of homes things, and didn't get exactly what I was after. So when I landed this end-of-row spot with an empty water region next door, I thought "bugger it, this is good enough". Thankfully, as I mentioned previously, there seems to be less covenant-breaking amongst houseboat owners, which I am convinced is because they have no actual yard to screw up. Having said that, I have noticed that the neighbour behind me has basically nothing inside their houseboat, except of course for a 0-second orb 🙄

Hi Eowyn! Glad to hear you got that lovely boat

About the notifications you refer to in your post, it would not work because of the same reason you're mentioning: it would get to all Belli residents, and there are not that many littering their gardens or building black massive walls 

Getting massive notifications might result, like in RL, in a more tense atmosphere within the continent, with people not really understanding what the situation is. I always think it's easier LL contacting directly with the person causing the issue, becuse then, they would know exactly what is or not allowed.

• Like 1

• Administrators

If you feel like you've done your side of the good neighbor thing by letting someone know about something they've done being out of bounds with the covenant and gotten no response, please do report these things to us.   We will react, and we do still try to make general area compliance sweeps as we have time.  You have many ways of letting us know, the most acceptable are an abuse report, contacting support, or IMing/notecarding any one of us working on the project.  Even if it is to myself directly or one of the Moles.  The Moles actually have a specific system of escalation for issues found and a handful of them are able to respond and help clean something up as necessary.  

Without your direct reports, putting these sorts of things in the forums without more specifics such as locations make it a pretty hard and lengthy process for us to track down.

Thanks to all of you that have already been doing the above, I hope those who have are seeing results (and if you are not contact me directly)!  ❤️

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8

I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if Patch or the Moles had some system where they could send out a Bellisseria-wide notice to all residents when required, to remind them about keeping in theme, encroachment, orb settings, or the like. I think it could be very useful in alerting people to rules that perhaps they aren't aware of.

BelliImmaHelpYouSupport Linden logs in to start their shift.  4,237 individual Abuse Reports from irate Bellissaria Tidy Homeowner Association members naming JustWannaLetYouKnow Mole as a cruel and vindicative person who is spamming totes unfounded, untrue. scurrilous and defamatory accusations at them personally !!! immediate action is demanded !!! 

BelliImmaHelpYouSupport Linden goes o.m.g !! banhammer that griffa mole !!! <click>

Patch Linden gets distraught call on his phone from JustWannaLetYouKnow Mole. And starts to sob quietly himself   😺

edit add.  Altho an estate message announcing a new Linden blog about Bellisseria might be worth doing

Edited by Mollymews
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

We're working on a messaging system.  I don't have a lot of specifics to share yet, it is still pretty early in it's development phase.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I was out flying the other day and got f***d by 3 security orbs... Clearly no LH orbs because they didn't even give you any warning, just instantly ejected you - BOOM! I had no chance ARing them, because they've sent me straight back into my living room, still sitting on my plane.
So yes, if there's any way of letting those people know that they have to use the LH orb with the 15 second warning at least, that would be fantastic. I know a lot of people don't read the forums or even the covenant, so we need another way of reaching out to them. The region-wide (Bellisseria-wide *wink*wink*) message system is a fantastic idea. Totally forgot about that.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I was out flying the other day and got f***d by 3 security orbs... Clearly no LH orbs because they didn't even give you any warning, just instantly ejected you - BOOM! I had no chance ARing them, because they've sent me straight back into my living room, still sitting on my plane.
So yes, if there's any way of letting those people know that they have to use the LH orb with the 15 second warning at least, that would be fantastic. I know a lot of people don't read the forums or even the covenant, so we need another way of reaching out to them. The region-wide (Bellisseria-wide *wink*wink*) message system is a fantastic idea. Totally forgot about that.

The viewer drops a message in your chat telling you that you have been teleported by X object name at Y location.  That's how I track them down if I get hit by one.  😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I know a lot of people don't read the forums or even the covenant

This for sure.  I was flying pretty low yesterday and ran into the spinny triangle I posted above and a couple of platforms, all below 100-125m.  I later flew right through a skybox sitting around 300m -- they did at least set the walls to phantom so that I didn't bounce off, but I reported it anyway due to the height it was at.

• Like 3

Before I reported some of the plots that were fully covered in snow, I did send a notecard to some owners letting them know that the covenant now covered seasonal decorating and what the snow policy was.  IMO, the notecard was very politely worded.  I got back a few "Thank you, taken care of" responses, but also had one guy ask if I was an LL mod - really?!?, with a name like LittleMe Jewell?  Obviously he doesn't know much about Lindens or how SL is managed.  When I told him that I wasn't, he asked if I lived on the "sim" - just had to use that term since he did.  When I said that I lived in a different region, his response was "None of my neighbors have complained" and that he thought my approach and manner (simply dropping him a notecard) were "out-of-order and rude". He then went on about how would I like it if he came to my house and started nit-picking about tiny things being out of covenant.  Well covering the entire plot with snow was not really a "tiny thing out of covenant.  Then I blocked him.

• Haha 4

Has anyone seen this on MP? Someone's advertising their security orb as "Linden House Security" but it has a 10 second timer and kicks home. I was going to flag it on MP but there wasn't an appropriate reason in the menu. If he took the Linden Home wording out of his listing no one would care but keywords get hits so...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Parcel-Security-Orb-v1-Linden-House-Security-Renter-Security/18697422

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

You could just choose anything and explain in the notes? I don't think the reporting systems have kept up with the Belli rules?

The MP flagging of an item has no place for notes.

ETA:  And you noticed that on your own now.

22 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Has anyone seen this on MP? Someone's advertising their security orb as "Linden House Security" but it has a 10 second timer and kicks home. I was going to flag it on MP but there wasn't an appropriate reason in the menu. If he took the Linden Home wording out of his listing no one would care but keywords get hits so...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Parcel-Security-Orb-v1-Linden-House-Security-Renter-Security/18697422

This is why I think the MP flagging system desperately needs a place to add some notes.  I flagged it anyway - maybe whomever checks it will notice the "Linden House Security" and "Great for Renters Parcels, Linden Homes" phrases, combined with the "10 second counter" and "transfer home", which are both not allowed.

I used Reason of "Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices" and then "Harmful or disruptive content" -- which, yeah, isn't really fitting.

I did run into a 10-second orb yesterday and reported it.  I'll have to check my chat history to see if it was this one.  

I think I'll also get brave and send the creator of this one a note about the rules for Security Orbs at Linden Homes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

@Hendrix Portal, maybe I'm lost in translation. But you considered reporting because of advertising "renters", right? Because I've seem many people using security orbs in the new Linden homes. Just trying to understand. Thanks!!

He thinks it should be reported because it is named "Linden Security Orb" and says it is "Great for Renters Parcels, Linden Homes".  However, it has a 10 second time wait and ejects the person to home -- both of those actions are disallowed by the covenant. 

I'm simply going to send the creator a message and if the listing doesn't change in a few days, I'll contact Support, as Patch suggested.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The MP flagging of an item has no place for notes.

ETA:  And you noticed that on your own now.

This is why I think the MP flagging system desperately needs a place to add some notes.  I flagged it anyway - maybe whomever checks it will notice the "Linden House Security" and "Great for Renters Parcels, Linden Homes" phrases, combined with the "10 second counter" and "transfer home", which are both not allowed.

I used Reason of "Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices" and then "Harmful or disruptive content" -- which, yeah, isn't really fitting.

I did run into a 10-second orb yesterday and reported it.  I'll have to check my chat history to see if it was this one.  

I think I'll also get brave and send the creator of this one a note about the rules for Security Orbs at Linden Homes.

I reported it and went with "keyword spam" since it's improperly using "Linden House Security" and "Linden Homes" to get buyers.

Would this orb be allowed in the older Linden homes? If so, the listing is not technically out of order, though it's at the very least misleading since the implication is that it could be used in any Linden home. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.