Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity1776

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

The covenant also states that "All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher." That covers just about everything else. A platform is a structure (floating or not) so it should not be higher than 15m. I also imagine a platform at 15m in the air would not likely comply with keeping the home "in theme". Either way... If someone wants a platform for building it should be above 2000m. Not being "boxed in" is not a viable loophole. 

Yeah, that is totally true - and logical.

However I think too many people are either not looking at the covenant at all or are really dense or intentionally trying to see what they can get away with. 

*sigh*   ( I've been doing way too much of that lately)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Seriously, WTF are those people thinking?

That is def the most egregious thing I've seen so far, and given the competition... wow. I mean it was inevitable- there must be a formula. A= # of new residents x hours since release ... find for most obnoxious, flagrant disregard for the covenant. SMDH.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Apparently removed already.  I was just in the neighborhood and didn't see anything.

Maybe it was temporary. I see a lot of people that don't know how to rez at height so they rez the whole thing at ground and then move it up.

HOPEFULLY it was just that.

Helpful hint to random reader who doesn't know how to do it:

rez a single basic prim, sit on it. Edit it to something above 2000m. Now edit it to be big enough to stand on, and stand up... turn on flight, then rez your skybox on top of it... Put a teleport pad inside the skybox, and then one inside your home at ground. Lots of free basic teleport scripts out there...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Since a alt of me is househopper, i see quite alot on Belli and there are more and more incidents with breaking covenants, in special people think their creations are awesome .. medieval themed particle hell on a camper,black box photostudio at top of a Trad, beach houses attached to boats, palmforrest attached to boats  ..just a few things from last days.

Well in the last 3 weeks or so, Bellisseria has almost doubled if not more than doubled in size.

It is going to take a while to absorb all the new people into the 'community'...

A lot of folks... never read terms, covenants, etc...

And a lot more will think 'you don't pay my subscription, so buzz off'

Folks coming in from old linden homes or mainland will think it's just the same here...

and of course some people just really don't seem to be aware that a skybox rezzed 3m off the ground is... visible from 3m away... O.o

• Like 2

I  am so sad to see  the blight that is happening.   Repeat offenders ,,,, a vacation back to the older generation homes  for a few days. I feel when in doubt ask , As premium members you have chat support so you do not have to wait  for the ticket to  go through  support ....you get the information in a few minutes ,,,,   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

So... basically they rezzed a prim over the grass and put a texture of flowers in dirt onto the prim...

This is just... why... but I don't think there's a violation here...

It's a 20-day old account. With time, maybe they will learn SL has plant shops...

My de rend button is going to ask for overtime pay and a vacation... that said, if it's not breaking covenant...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Oh hello Mainland, are you lost?

09c1f-fdbb0400-88a7-4470-a83c-a527326205

Well, who knows which parts might be considered by LL to be out of theme, but at the very least, most, if not all, of the stuff rezzed on that top layer are definitely over the 15m mark.  If I remember correctly, the top of the Barnacle houseboat is at something like 11-12m.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, who knows which parts might be considered by LL to be out of theme, but at the very least, most, if not all, of the stuff rezzed on that top layer are definitely over the 15m mark.  If I remember correctly, the top of the Barnacle houseboat is at something like 11-12m.

Yeah. I had a hovercraft on top of my barnacle and it was a small one... and I think I was in the decimals for being under the limit... Barnacle is pretty tall all by itself.

2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

And now this  wow ,,,,, sky box covering the whole house and property  .Location poseidon peak. And they as well are not new .I feel sorry foor the next door neighbor591924179_tosviolation.pngaaa.pngaaa_001.thumb.png.20766f5f552d17f1bab3273fb01b8ab2.png

I don't remember how many years ago it was, but I had no idea how to rez anything up in the air. I rezzed it on ground and moved it in place inside the parcel. I had found out that I could click on it and send it up. I was then flying up, and it took time... I was flying much slower then than now. I placed a chair on top of it, sat on it and managed to move it enough down that I could stand and be inside the skybox. Then I made a landmark there. I thought I was pretty smart. And it could have been something like that in this situation.

When I make something to add it to a house, I have a building prim up in the air, but I send the plywood prims up and down by changing "z" from 34 to 2034. Up... and down. Maybe down on the ground 15 or 20 min. Or 30 min. I always sent it up in between. Someone taking a picture during the time it was down would be "eww, not even textured".

Sometimes I placed furniture inside to make sure it fit. That also needed to be moved, and sometimes it was hanging in the air. I was always feeling like invisible eyes watched me. I had to keep an eye on green dots in case someone was moving closer. Not a very good feeling.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TVTuner said:

Indeed.  There is a lot of "Mainland" available where this sort of hooliganism is permitted, even encouraged.  Why don't they go there?

Mainland parcels have a purchase price, in going for a Linden Home they don't have to pay.

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Maybe it was temporary. I see a lot of people that don't know how to rez at height so they rez the whole thing at ground and then move it up.

HOPEFULLY it was just that.

Helpful hint to random reader who doesn't know how to do it:

rez a single basic prim, sit on it. Edit it to something above 2000m. Now edit it to be big enough to stand on, and stand up... turn on flight, then rez your skybox on top of it... Put a teleport pad inside the skybox, and then one inside your home at ground. Lots of free basic teleport scripts out there...

Yes, a very good handy tip for those that don't know :) . To expand upon it, in rezzing the prim on the ground first, you can make it the full size of your parcel and then edit to the height above 2000m you want it. You can then see exactly where your parcel boundary sits... anything hanging outside the area of the prim is not on your parcel. I always change the texture to blank and then tint it a light blue colour. It's not a perfect match by any means, but it doesn't stick out quite as much as a naked prim.

• Like 2

o... basically they rezzed a prim over the grass and put a texture of flowers in dirt onto the prim...

Alternate opinion: I see no problem with this and I dearly hope it wouldn't be considered a violation. There is a BIG difference between "You shouldnt violate the covenant" and "You must be this good at decorating to live in Bellisseria." 

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

To expand upon it, in rezzing the prim on the ground first, you can make it the full size of your parcel and then edit to the height above 2000m you want it. You can then see exactly where your parcel boundary sits... anything hanging outside the area of the prim is not on your parcel. I always change the texture to blank and then tint it a light blue colour. It's not a perfect match by any means, but it doesn't stick out quite as much as a naked prim.

Yes that's a good point. Rez a prim at ground and size it to your plot.

ALL of the campers are 16x32m or... 32x16m. :)

ALL trads and vics are 32x32m

Houseboats are either 32x32 or (I think) 16x64. Someone with a rectangle houseboat will hopefully correct that last number if I'm wrong.

NCI used to have a 'Basic Builders Grid Texture' but when I went to look just now I couldn't find it. Not sure if it can be acquired for free anywhere. But if you rez a prim in the exact middle of your lot (always a whole number divisible by 4) and size it to one of those dimensions above - that's your place. Move that 2100m or something... and that's your new platform to make sure anything you rez will fit inside your place.

When I'm building on my land, I often drag that platform through everything from top to bottom to make sure it doesn't poke through anywhere.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Alternate opinion: I see no problem with this and I dearly hope it wouldn't be considered a violation. There is a BIG difference between "You shouldnt violate the covenant" and "You must be this good at decorating to live in Bellisseria." 

I think that was Pussycat's point.  We don't need to have fashion police reporting people who have a crummy design sense.  If bad decor hurts your eyes, derender it.  The gray line lies in the covenant words "in theme".  Some things are not merely rotten design but also clearly out of theme with the region -- like a space ship on the roof of your trailer, or a glowing pink palm tree next to your Victorian.  It's not easy to know what to do with the "visually upsetting and maybe out of theme" ones, but I guess that's what Linden Lab pays their AR crew to deal with.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

fb95c27b9aae9c0c49db19e80075c8a2.jpg

68d7f9ed65d2d20125fd46bafabb38a8.jpg

So... basically they rezzed a prim over the grass and put a texture of flowers in dirt onto the prim...

It's a 20-day old account. With time, maybe they will learn SL has plant shops...

I'd also say that it is not breaking covenant, regardless of how tasteful some of us might find it.

My guess is a "true" new account (rather than a new alt) and that either they don't know about flower shops or don't have much money and don't know you can get some grass and flowers for free on the MP.  Maybe that textured prim is all they could think to do with little to no money.  

If I lived next door, I might gift them with a batch of inexpensive grass & flowers and then wait and see what happens.

ETA:  Other possible reasons for the prim - they have some vision issues and thus don't see SL as many of us do.  Or they have a meh computer and thus don't see SL as many of us do.  

I still think I'd probably gift them some stuff - maybe under an alt that didn't live close by - and see what happens.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Where would something like this fall? On first view, it's really not that bad. It seems themely for the seaside but probably not something you could strap to the top of your vehicle when your RV camper vacation is over ....

Lighthouse_front.thumb.png.827b257d101d4838bd03a4567d94afe9.png

And then you get this view ...

Lighthouse_back.thumb.png.96452bf6dd9534884506ba1ce308691e.png

To AR or not to AR, that is the hypothetical question.

Edited by Lukas Thetan
Added that this is a hypothetical situation. The lighthouse is no longer on that parcel.
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Where would something like this fall? On first view, it's really not that bad. It seems themely for the seaside but probably not something you could strap to the top of your vehicle when your RV camper vacation is over ....

And then you get this view ...

To AR or not to AR, that is the question.

I'm not all that good with measurements, but it sure looks like it might be too tall (aside from looking crazy for the area). I think you'd have a good faith reason to AR and let Governance decide.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

My bet is that it does exceed the 15m.  You could measure to be sure before you do the AR, but if it does exceed the 15m height restriction, then definitely AR it.

• Like 2

NCI used to have a 'Basic Builders Grid Texture' but when I went to look just now I couldn't find it. Not sure if it can be acquired for free anywhere. But if you rez a prim in the exact middle of your lot (always a whole number divisible by 4) and size it to one of those dimensions above - that's your place. Move that 2100m or something... and that's your new platform to make sure anything you rez will fit inside your place.

At Skitz Isle, there are large platforms with grids that are good for building. It'd be easy to make the platform there, put it in inventory (like a Tardis lol) then take it above.  I'd need the trick of making your boundaries  extend vertically to make make sure not to go outside my plot.

Edited by GinaFreumann
  • Like 1

If it violates the height limit, it's an easy decision.  But I sympathize with this person.  In fact, I like this build, and personally would never AR it.

They got a parcel on a little bluff overlooking water, it looks like, and so are contributing a very appropriately placed lighthouse to mark their little headland.  The build quality looks very good, and the design is extremely similar to Belli lighthouses.  As for it being next to the trailer, well, I don't think the owner means to imply that they brought a lighthouse with them.   I think they're just being rather pushy tourists who parked too close to the lighthouse!

Bravo, I say!

57 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.