Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Something that used to be common in Blake Sea and the ocean in Jeogeot years ago... which I don't think I've seen for almost 8-10 years:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Coral Bay/146/128/22

It's no longer there, so I don't know if a Linden or Mole handled it or if the owner took care of it.

There was a boat about that size that someone parked in front of their houseboat on Doran for a while.  Obviously it stuck way out into the public area and made what was already a somewhat small sailing lane even smaller.  I reported it - it disappeared and then re-appeared a few days later.  I reported it again and then never saw it again.  Typically, if you put back an item that LL returned to you, you then get in even worse trouble after it is reported a second time.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

There's almost no reason for a private brand orb on a linden home.

They allow you to set height limits but not area limits... so there is your single legitimate use case for a private brand - which very few people do.

So... if I see a private one... the default assumption is they are trying to break the rules, and I would check for that. Usually there is no need - the private ones are usually going to TP you home or eject you the moment you enter the parcel

You're wrong in your assumptions.  I have a private orb on a Linden home parcel because it tells me who tried to get in and for how long.  Also, and perhaps more important, it allows me to set a shorter upper limit to the security so that people can fly over without hitting it.  I found the Linden security too harsh in this respect.  I'm not trying to break any rules, and my orb's minimum ejection time is 20 seconds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I always look for an excuse to AR orbs when I find them, I have yet to find a private one that wasn't violating the covenant somehow - time, action, etc...

Just try it on mine if you find it, and please see my response to another comment of yours to understand why I said this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While I do tick the privacy box, I've never made any of my places inaccessible.

This! I do this because I figure sometimes people may want to play with the furniture. LOL I'f I happen to pop-in and there are visitors making themselves at home, I just poof away and let them have their fun. So, yeah, I'm a crazy neighbor!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Este! Faço isso porque acho que às vezes as pessoas podem querer brincar com os móveis. LOL: Se eu aparecer, e houver visitantes se sentindo em casa, eu vou embora e deixo que eles se divirtam. Então, sim, eu sou um vizinho louco!

I also do it!!!

8 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

I also do it!!!

It's encouraging when I see others who still have the "old SL" mindset: Share and share alike, because it's all about sharing! :) (Well, it used to be, Now it feels like it's all "me, me, me, MINE!" these days.)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You call it drama when I'm simply correcting your mistaken assumptions.  

This was all hashed out a few pages ago. You're late to the party - you selectively grabbed parts of an old concluded conversation to make drama in a non-drama thread. MOVE ON... Catch up to the conversation and move on.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's no longer there, so I don't know if a Linden or Mole handled it or if the owner took care of it.

The temp-rezzed items that were on the region are also gone today - though the rezzer for them is still there it's not "on" now...

Either someone stopped by to deal with things, or we got lucky over here in the island.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This was all hashed out a few pages ago. You're late to the party - you selectively grabbed parts of an old concluded conversation to make drama in a non-drama thread. MOVE ON... Catch up to the conversation and move on.

I have read every posting in this topic.  It addresses several issues but the one which concerns me is that of the use of private security orbs.  You have not answered my posting which refutes your assumptions about their use.  I certainly did not 'grab' parts of a conversation to make drama, and it is not concluded simply because you have not answered me.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It's encouraging when I see others who still have the "old SL" mindset: Share and share alike, because it's all about sharing! :) (Well, it used to be, Now it feels like it's all "me, me, me, MINE!" these days.)

All of my homes are the same. I know people are all different, etc., etc., but I simply don't understand why people shouldn't be able to enjoy my stuff when I'm not using it. C'mon in, kick your feet up, use the amenities, but just be aware that my parcel privacy is probably turned off and if you get frisky and reported, that's on you. 😝

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

All of my homes are the same. I know people are all different, etc., etc., but I simply don't understand why people shouldn't be able to enjoy my stuff when I'm not using it. C'mon in, kick your feet up, use the amenities, but just be aware that my parcel privacy is probably turned off and if you get frisky and reported, that's on you. 😝

Hey, I even have allow razzing and have a massively-generous auto-return setting. :)

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I get my new Camper spot, I'm putting this out as my contribution to sharing:

image.png.fb3be804f688e7e4de2ed23aaba5d6d4.png

That is EPIC WIN!!! OH! And di you notice at my camper: the *outdoor* shower? Bahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Hey, I even have allow razzing and have a massively-generous auto-return setting. :)

Well I have booze! And an impressive collection of Victorian erotica in the Chintzy Lady! 

I do like that you allow razzing, though. There should definitely be more razzing in SL, just as I'm razzing you right now. 😉

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Cowards... they should be at ground level like mine!

It tickles me to fly way up and see all the Bellisserian naughtiness above 2,000 meters. 

Yeah I've lived on Zindra for so long that I keep forgetting people hide this stuff in the rest of SL... 🤪

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Well I have booze! And an impressive collection of Victorian erotica in the Chintzy Lady! 

I do like that you allow razzing, though. There should definitely be more razzing in SL, just as I'm razzing you right now. 😉

I hope you love Auto-Corrupt as much as I do!  LOL

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unless the orb settings can be modified, it cannot be used at a Linden Home. The covenant requires a minimum 15 second warning - this one says it gives 10 second warning.  Also, orbs are not allowed to TP you home; they have to simply eject you from the parcel. This one says it "transfers home".

The covenant on the OLD Linden homes doesn't address security orbs at all. It is only Bellisseria that has those restrictions. So really, there is nothing wrong with the ad.

26 minutes ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

The covenant on the OLD Linden homes doesn't address security orbs at all. It is only Bellisseria that has those restrictions. So really, there is nothing wrong with the ad.

Yeah, that was all figured out and posted later that evening.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:22 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I sent the creator a message - and then sent a modified message after Sylvia reminded me that the older homes might very well allow this.  The creator responded very nicely.  He has changed the description to state that it is "Not designed for newer Linden Homes" and he removed all other references to Linden House/Home.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.