Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I walk out the front door of my new Victorian Linden Home today and see this across the street:

I am hoping that the "boards" which have pictures on the other side of them, are simply a "mood board" and temporary.

Snapshot_002.png

Hopefully this is a "non-functioning" antique store and  the owner understands you can't use the Linden Homes for businesses.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

So, I walk out the front door of my new Victorian Linden Home today and see this across the street:

I am hoping that the "boards" which have pictures on the other side of them, are simply a "mood board" and temporary.

Snapshot_002.png

Hopefully this is a "non-functioning" antique store and  the owner understands you can't use the Linden Homes for businesses.

If they stay past the people being there working with them, file an abuse report. That actually violates the Linden Home covenant:

*Residents must use one of the houses provided. Modification of the house itself beyond what is built into the controls is not possible. Additional buildings or structures are allowed as long as they are in theme and meet the height restrictions.
  *Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.
  *Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme to their unique areas.

*Linden Homes can not be used as sandboxes.

*Residents may decorate the interior of their house to their liking. The exterior should always remain in theme out of consideration for your neighbors.

- Several places in the covenant cover roughly the same topic:

Don't be a jerk, stay in them, and WTF is that blank prim doing there all up in your yard like that?

If you just de-render, they will just keep doing it... Filing a report cleans it out and helps them learn what's allowed. This isn't mainland, and blight is not allowed.

Their account won't be endangered or anything (that I know of) - they'll just get a 'your something was returned by 'somedude linden' or 'somebody mole' and if they're lucky, they will get a message referring to the covenant so they don't do it again.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

My thought when I said to derender was that these very well may be a temporary thing, like the three fountains I have sitting in my front yard at the moment as I decide which to keep. I certainly hope no one would AR right off the bat because I had a few fountains out for a few hours. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My thought when I said to derender was that these very well may be a temporary thing, like the three fountains I have sitting in my front yard at the moment as I decide which to keep. I certainly hope no one would AR right off the bat because I had a few fountains out for a few hours. 

I agree with this. I had like 10 bird houses of varying sizes on my front lawn the other day and totally forgot about them. Oops. 

Sometimes people are building, get logged out or have to log out and don't have time to wrap up their work. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much because it does look like the person was in the middle of working on something. Who knows, they could even have been on the property at the time. 

I'm more bothered by things that are clearly against TOS like the possibility the person is running a business out of the property - which, is unlikely too - could be they just like the decor of the house looking like an antique shop. I think that would be kind of a cute idea. 

If those prims are still there a day later, yea, then I'd start getting annoyed and I'd just AR them. No need to make a drama fest over it. LL is very good at quietly taking care of things like that. No need to have yourself get involved.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't see how having 3 fountains out is against the covenant anyways.  I am pretty if someone AR'd those it would be thrown in the trash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, karynmaria said:

I don't see how having 3 fountains out is against the covenant anyways.  I am pretty if someone AR'd those it would be thrown in the trash. 

Well, yeah, that was just an example off the top of my head about how someone can be too quick on the AR trigger. :) 

• Like 1

It looks more like they are working on a mini project for their house. I wouldn't over frown and be courteous and give them a few days to finish it up and get them in place or removed. It is the Christmas holidays, and as we all get busy, they may find a bit of a delay to finish it up promptly.  Also, faux business decor has been allowed in Bellisseria and make for some cute settings in the regions. As long as they comply with the covenant (non commercial, non profit) a little antique store set up would be rather charming.

If after a few days the items still remain, then I'd agree with others here, to report the objects as being out of place and theme with their covenant.

(I had a neighbor that plopped up a photo platform for taking pics directly over their house roof line and forgot about it, yeah it should have been done well over the 2,000m height. It was there for about a week then removed.  Yeah, an eye sore to be sure, but most folks, not all of 'em, know to go back and clean up their unsightly projects.)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Snapshot_002.png

you can wait a bit but ..the sort of " beach theme" there with boats and so isn't really fititng in the Victorian either.. i'd let LL handle it after the for sure to follow report.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you can wait a bit but ..the sort of " beach theme" there with boats and so isn't really fititng in the Victorian either.. i'd let LL handle it after the for sure to follow report.

I honestly don't see anything at all wrong with the boat on the parcel.  Many of the Victorian homes are on the beach, that parcel obviously has sand and in the Victorian era, boating was a huge past time recreation.  Also, you don't have to decorate in wholly Victorian accents on your exterior property. Many home owners will be using very modern decor.

14effe6ff665122f24a9c3c3bff98d74.jpg.143a6e654d529cc6e3ea84142cd529c0.jpg

Edmund-Blair-Leighton-TuttArt@-56-300x215@2x.png.c04501cbaffa2f84b2ea39bb9cca58f9.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

New Babbage has one point in the covenant that I really appreciate, no default plywood texture can stay out/visible for over 12 hours. But I also think that seeing too many things as ‘out of theme’ might be a sign of outgrowing this type of community. I think it’s rather amusing what people do with Victorians both historical and modern, so I’m looking forward to touring around more to check it out. Bellisseria is a great social psychology fishbowl experiment unfolding. 😹

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Saphyre Cyberstar said:

some vehicle choices people seem to be making for the driveways their Victorian  homes seem a little out of place and awkward for the time period ....just saying

The era is today in Bellissera, even if the homes are from a few different time periods. Modern furnishings or antique furnishings are perfectly fine, just like people use in RL to decorate their homes.  Brand new vehicles or an antique classic car is just fine; just like collectors of today have parked in their driveways where they live in RL.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 9

59 minutes ago, Saphyre Cyberstar said:

some vehicle choices people seem to be making for the driveways their Victorian  homes seem a little out of place and awkward for the time period ....just saying

Who said anything about a time period? This is not a role play zone. LOL If someone wants to put a Monster Truck in their yard, they do have the right to do it. I'm not sure I'd remain their neighbor is they did that, though. Just saying

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Saphyre Cyberstar said:

It's just a style of home nothing says your home has to take on a full on Victorian theme. If you're passing through Easton Priory and happen to wander round my place you'll find it very out of place and awkward for the time period 

1bf20e092224ede4a1e79488b2708c08.jpgI gotta ask...are lots of snow particles emitters on one parcel laggy for the actual region? How can I check? If I just derender, will that get rid of their impact? 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Added photo

Particles are a viewer-side function and have no effect on server lag. You needn't derender them, you can just reduce your maximum particle count in the graphics preference pane. If reducing the particle count improves viewer FPS, dial in a happy compromise.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Yay, thank you! Then I’ll just derender everything and dial down the particles on their ‘winter wonderland’. They did a good job with the heavy snow roof covers but with the masses of particles and everything on the parcel blanketed in deep, full bright snow meshes, it does look incongruous surrounded by the rest of the green neighborhood. 

49 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Yay, thank you! Then I’ll just derender everything and dial down the particles on their ‘winter wonderland’. They did a good job with the heavy snow roof covers but with the masses of particles and everything on the parcel blanketed in deep, full bright snow meshes, it does look incongruous surrounded by the rest of the green neighborhood. 

That "parcel blanketed in deep, full bright snow meshes" also violates the covenant. Patch was VERY clear about this - no one is Bellisseria is to have full parcel wide snow coverings, making it appear as though their home had just been in an avalanche. "A light dusting of snow" was the phrase used to explain what you can do with snow in Bellisseria.

Unfortunately, just by looking on the world map, it's clear that there's dozens of people doing this. It's a shame that people are casting judgements over resident's choice of parked car, whilst no-one seems to care about obvious and clear rule breaking ☹️

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Saphyre Cyberstar said:

Time period? You mean like... anytime between now and 2371?

Plenty of people live in Victorian houses in 2019.

That's why I started with a Cybertruck. I've moved on to a hovercraft and some cyberpunk cycles. I don't see San Francisco tearing down the Victorians anytime soon. :P

If the Federation can park the Enterprise in my backyard... I can park a Hovercraft there. :)

MG_9309-Idzig_LAWEB.jpg

- Notice the jetskies at bottom left., and the car somewhat covered by the trees on the right, and what looks like plastic deck chairs... cause... Victorian architecture is a very prevalent modern day theme.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

Problem is 99.9% of residents will never read the forums to see what is acceptable for festive decor and they probably have no idea what a land covenant is either. Ideally they need to make that whole "tick box" thing when you sign up for a Linden Home far more detailed and maybe send then an email a day or so after to remind them about the land covenant - oh and have it translated into their own language would be a bonus.

The person I sent an IM about having a platform 200m above their houseboat has not moved it yet but as it is Christmas I am giving them the benefit of the doubt - you know people are away and all. However if it is still there come New Year then it's time for me to raise a ticket.

I'd not be so lenient with something at ground level though especially if it were my pet hate of full bright textures - I don't live in a radioactive land!

Edited by Zak Westminster
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.