When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

You DO get that the reason most folks ARE moving is so that they can dec-o-rate a new place - doncha LOL.   Just had to smile at that. (for those that don't know we DO know each other - virtually anyway).   

Actually, I did upgrade one of my alts to Premium (whom I want to change the name on), and with her I did land a perfectly lovely Victorian home to decorate. So, it looks as if I am going to have to keep her at Premium now to keep that lovely home. Time to go furniture shopping!

And yes, Chic and I are virtual friends 🙂

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 3

I’m still playing Game of Homes (with campers, as beautiful as the Vic’s are, I think I’m a tiny home person) and was wondering if anyone was in world to snap a photo of the new parcel I just snagged? My alt has prime real estate but I have to make a decision on which premium account to cancel soon. 

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Decker/100/64/0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Florence Reverie said:

I’m still playing Game of Homes (with campers, as beautiful as the Vic’s are, I think I’m a tiny home person) and was wondering if anyone was in world to snap a photo of the new parcel I just snagged? My alt has prime real estate but I have to make a decision on which premium account to cancel soon. 

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Decker/100/64/0

I know that area well, my original camper (for a few months) was at Lake Tataka right next to this. You have a KEEPER. 

53 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

this is a sleeper-keeper for sure". 

I really resonate with this concept of "sleeper-keeper".  Because budgets, we'll probably be abandoning our 1st two nice, ocean-view catches, both caught by monthly alts whom we've decided will be going back to basic. 

Then Nika caught this cutie - no Linden water view, little pond with 2 bridges over it (I find the absurdity of having both a road and pedestrian bridge over such a small pond charmingly absurd, it's like a "folly"), a one-sim walk away from a rez zone on the beach.  Back yard open to the pedestrian walkway and little pond.  The roads and landscaping around it give it a little privacy.

We have wonderful shoreline property in North Belli, and not a lot of time for the Game of Homes right now.  A "sleeper-keeper" for sure!

2139295516_SleeperKeeper_002.thumb.png.449e121041101c3c31ad35fed2b6ed14.png

• Like 5

Does anyone know how the five tries per 24 hours are conued?

Is it when you last ABANDONED a parcel or when you last CLAIMED a parcel?

Example: you get with your fith try a parcel you do not want to keep before going to bed. Should you abandon it at ONCE or does it not harm to keep it till tomorrow?

46 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

They seem to be releasing West Burnham. I grabbed two different houses there directly one after the other.

Does anyone know what is NOT released yet? or likely to be released next?

These are the inner regions that have not been released  yet, as of 8am SLT today:

(not guaranteed to be completely accurate)

Wolfsbane
Price
Lockwood
Fjord
The Mews
Zwischen
Pickford
Rumpole Abbey
Little Sandsbury
Queens Arch
Middle Totting
New Farthing
Easton Priory
Southkeep
Lissome
Morgall

Plus all the regions that did not have names  yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

s it when you last ABANDONED a parcel or when you last CLAIMED a parcel?

This.

Each time you CLAIM a parcel, a 24-hour countdown begins. You can have up to five timers active at a time. This is why after five tries inside of 24 hours, you cannot claim any more until at least one of those timers expire.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Does anyone know how the five tries per 24 hours are conued?

Is it when you last ABANDONED a parcel or when you last CLAIMED a parcel?

Example: you get with your fith try a parcel you do not want to keep before going to bed. Should you abandon it at ONCE or does it not harm to keep it till tomorrow?

I think it is abandoned, It does say "you have made too many ownership attempts" but I would guess from my history that it is abandon therefore abandon as early as possible!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Flower Caerndow said:

These are the inner regions that have not been released  yet, as of 8am SLT today:

(not guaranteed to be completely accurate)

Wolfsbane
Price
Lockwood
Fjord
The Mews
Zwischen
Pickford
Rumpole Abbey
Little Sandsbury
Queens Arch
Middle Totting
New Farthing
Easton Priory
Southkeep
Lissome
Morgall

Plus all the regions that did not have names  yesterday.

Lockwood is released for certain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I really resonate with this concept of "sleeper-keeper".  Because budgets, we'll probably be abandoning our 1st two nice, ocean-view catches, both caught by monthly alts whom we've decided will be going back to basic. 

Then Nika caught this cutie - no Linden water view, little pond with 2 bridges over it (I find the absurdity of having both a road and pedestrian bridge over such a small pond charmingly absurd, it's like a "folly"), a one-sim walk away from a rez zone on the beach.  Back yard open to the pedestrian walkway and little pond.  The roads and landscaping around it give it a little privacy.

We have wonderful shoreline property in North Belli, and not a lot of time for the Game of Homes right now.  A "sleeper-keeper" for sure!

You are so incredibly lucky to land waterfrontsssssss!! Multiples at that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

You are so incredibly lucky to land waterfrontsssssss!! Multiples at that 

We have been lucky, but actually we haven't gotten a Linden waterfront in VictoriBell.  The 1st two were water view because they were on a big hill!

59 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

In San Francisco, Gold Gate Park which is only 2 blocks wide but very long... was planned to have 4 freeways going through it. 3 West-East, and 1 North-South (if you know the city, this is the opposite of what traffic demands...). If they had done it - it would have been like this.

It was one of a small handful of events in the 40s/50s that triggered California's environmental movement.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I understand the policy behind this, thank you for telling us.  But ... I would like the policy changed!    @Patch Linden , @Abnor Mole, please reconsider fixing the exterior tinting bug.

People are having a lot of fun tinting their Victorians.  LIKE IN REAL LIFE.  I've seen wonderful "painted lady" designs already.  And we cannot change the textures, so tinting is virtually no load on the servers, correct?

I guarantee you that if tinting the exteriors goes away, you are going to see all kinds of popular but possibly god-awful addons for homes.  Particularly for the Verne.  The Verne is going to be a very popular style, because of its footprint on the lot.  But ....not everyone wants an all-white tower on their home.  Doing an add-on for that tower will be difficult, so I'm quite sure that soon we'll see add-ons for it that obscure the tower's architectural detail, which would be a shame.  We left the tower mostly white but tinted some of the gingerbread to match the rest of the house, and (once we get the color match perfect) will be very happy with it.

@Patch Linden, @Abnor Mole It's a serious mistake to remove that feature.

It went out with the live release, and was NOT stated as being not allowed anywhere, was intuitively easy to do with the color HUD provided, appears connected to the very reason the homes are still 'touchable', and it's very popular.

Victorian homes in the real world have a very long tradition of 'Painted Lady' designs. This part of the covenent basically gives approval of it:

*Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme to their unique areas.

The covenant already covers the risk of bad choices in the consideration note:

The exterior should always remain in theme out of consideration for your neighbors.

- Right there you basically have the Painted Lady zoning laws of San Francisco. Do it, but not garishly so.

As Nika noted... the response is likely to be a wave of addons and shells that will NOT look as presentable.

Painted Lady is synonymous with Victorians.

victorian-houses-in-a-row-82302093-5851b

ceb0f4c8ed4cd7a8b50deea4b69eb0b0.jpg&f=1

galena21.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

michigan-victorian-5971-3-hdr-edit.jpg&f

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Nissa Nightfire said:

what does this usually mean in terms of release?? i've got one shot (at work)... thanks for any insight!

Not sure what you mean by Terms of Release but the other day someone got one from work and a volunteer from the forums went over and took photos so that they could see where it was and some screenshots. So that might work. BUT there are so many available now, likely you can try at home also. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.