Jump to content
Nika Talaj

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, xrockinfree said:

Ooh that's a nice area too, especially on an island! Can always try for something else w/ an alt though :)

I think that I'll give a chance to this home in Neville, I'm making new friends in the neighborhood, and It's also bored and upset to spend weeks taking and dropping homes.  

As you well say, I could try with a premium alt, but I can't afford a second premium suscription if the alt find a better home (I recently updated my main account to annual premium)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

OMG congratulations, it's pretty nice :)

I guess the chances of getting a home like this today are almost zero.

Mine is http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/176/136/32

The back side has ocean views, not bad, I would like to get one as yours but I would lose this forever and I don't want to :)

 

THAT is one of the best locations imaginable! At least for my taste! I woulfd NEVER give that up!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the people landing the coastline homes woo hoo!  Just as a data point for others still trying, will mention that having multiple alts is not a guarantee, my main and my alt tried Monday and Tuesday and I kept one house.  Then Patch announced "OK to play Game of Homes" for the rest of the year and that there were hundreds of new houses sitting in the pool... so when the coastline regions started populating I got myself a nice Xmas present and made 2 new alts for a month on Wed.  So that is 3 house hunting avis = 15 tries a day on Wed and Thursday, and even with rolling the dice when a new coast region started filling up but still had "Linden Home" parcels, the closest I got was a block back from the ocean behind other homes.  I would abandon and try again for that vacant ocean parcel sitting RIGHT THERE, and often would wind up in the same abandoned house LOL.  Or an older inland region.  I am very happy with the home I kept, and will still be rolling the dice for a month  :D    figure since inventory is high, snagging an extra Victorian temporarily is not going to deprive someone of a home or, apparently, overload the servers now...p.s. I found that by turning my draw distance down to just the right number, my inland lakeside house that sits on peninsula between 2 coasts turns into an "ocean view" home hahahaha.    These houses are amazing and I am so happy that everyone that wants one, can get one 😍

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

OMG congratulations, it's pretty nice :)

I guess the chances of getting a home like this today are almost zero.

Mine is http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/176/136/32

The back side has ocean views, not bad, I would like to get one as yours but I would lose this forever and I don't want to :)

By most people's standards, that is one of the most unique parcels in VictoriBelle, on an island with water view and access.  So I applaud your decision to keep it, and I hope you really enjoy it.

As of yesterday evening, there were still some very nice parcels in the queue.  In 3 Vic tries I caught one in Beaux Armes that had protected land across the street overlooking the big bay there that is connected to the "ocean".  Great place to sit on a wearable chair and watch activity in the bay.  The water is in the region, so you could "jump" your boat from your parcel and be sailing in 5 seconds.  The next one I found was a very cute site next to train tracks with a little park in back. I waited to show it to my partner before abandoning, it was so cute.

I still see all 4 varieties of home on the Bellisseria land page, so anyone who missed Vic release days, opportunities abound :)

Unfortunately, Nika herself did not land any property we'll keep, so over the last couple of days she took one of each type of home to get new content packs.  If she's not going to have a parcel we're keeping, she can serve as a content pack storage unit!  

We won't be hopping for anything other than entertainment for a while, we have nice properties and are happy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

By most people's standards, that is one of the most unique parcels in VictoriBelle, on an island with water view and access.  So I applaud your decision to keep it, and I hope you really enjoy it.

As of yesterday evening, there were still some very nice parcels in the queue.  In 3 Vic tries I caught one in Beaux Armes that had protected land across the street overlooking the big bay there that is connected to the "ocean".  Great place to sit on a wearable chair and watch activity in the bay.  The water is in the region, so you could "jump" your boat from your parcel and be sailing in 5 seconds.  The next one I found was a very cute site next to train tracks with a little park in back. I waited to show it to my partner before abandoning, it was so cute.

I still see all 4 varieties of home on the Bellisseria land page, so anyone who missed Vic release days, opportunities abound :)

Unfortunately, Nika herself did not land any property we'll keep, so over the last couple of days she took one of each type of home to get new content packs.  If she's not going to have a parcel we're keeping, she can serve as a content pack storage unit!  

We won't be hopping for anything other than entertainment for a while, we have nice properties and are happy.

Yes, may be time to stop jumping, it will be almost impossible to get one of those on the beach.  And as I said in a previous message, I don't want to lose my current home at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/176/136/32.   I would be very angry if I abandoned this and only got other inland homes with no good views.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's about time this topic gets retired..... at least until all 4 types are not constantly showing on the land page.....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dora Paule said:

Yes, may be time to stop jumping, it will be almost impossible to get one of those on the beach.  And as I said in a previous message, I don't want to lose my current home at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/176/136/32.   I would be very angry if I abandoned this and only got other inland homes with no good views.

One person’s abandon is another person’s dream. I watched a sandy coastal Victorian plot flip 3x in 10 minutes. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

One person’s abandon is another person’s dream. I watched a sandy coastal Victorian plot flip 3x in 10 minutes. 

Coastal? Oh my, that must be ppl rejecting it because they have been in Bellisseria since April.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

One person’s abandon is another person’s dream. I watched a sandy coastal Victorian plot flip 3x in 10 minutes. 

Personally I hate sand...

But I love coastal and waterfront...

So as you can imagine my perfect home is a rare creature.

But I did get it on my very first Victorian... so luck was with me.

My alt's trad - is a sandy coastal that someone abandoned to try their luck in Victorians. I didn't catch their name but they were on the plot when I claimed it.

 

Old pic of my Vict before they zapped my paint away. If I sit on my boat it slides into the water and the river lets into the coast 1-2 regions down - but I can go the other way and come out into the west coast:

TheyFixedSomeWater_003.thumb.jpg.c9cd01ba25d86bc5b961f9dcbf1146dc.jpg

 

Given the popularity of coastal sand... I was shocked to find my alt standing in this one. Again if I put a boat halfway inside an invisible triangle on the edge - sit in the boat and it will push out into the coastal water. Because I hate sand... I am seriously tempted to toss this one back... the Alt's premium ends Jan 2nd so if nothing else unless I renew then it will go back then.

WaterTrad_002.thumb.jpg.d4634a1ec18b37599afcd668577cc510.jpg

I just don't like that color on the ground - it gets too bright with my windlight... plus I have lived in spots basically 3 houses back from here... your cars rust out... never live this close to sea water if you own a car... :P

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Personally I hate sand...

But I love coastal and waterfront...

So as you can imagine my perfect home is a rare creature.

But I did get it on my very first Victorian... so luck was with me.

My alt's trad - is a sandy coastal that someone abandoned to try their luck in Victorians. I didn't catch their name but they were on the plot when I claimed it.

 

Old pic of my Vict before they zapped my paint away. If I sit on my boat it slides into the water and the river lets into the coast 1-2 regions down - but I can go the other way and come out into the west coast:

TheyFixedSomeWater_003.thumb.jpg.c9cd01ba25d86bc5b961f9dcbf1146dc.jpg

 

Given the popularity of coastal sand... I was shocked to find my alt standing in this one. Again if I put a boat halfway inside an invisible triangle on the edge - sit in the boat and it will push out into the coastal water. Because I hate sand... I am seriously tempted to toss this one back... the Alt's premium ends Jan 2nd so if nothing else unless I renew then it will go back then.

WaterTrad_002.thumb.jpg.d4634a1ec18b37599afcd668577cc510.jpg

I just don't like that color on the ground - it gets too bright with my windlight... plus I have lived in spots basically 3 houses back from here... your cars rust out... never live this close to sea water if you own a car... :P

 

If you don’t love it, toss it back! Let someone else live their sandy dreams. It’s tough for me as a sand lover to see people get sand and cover it up with grass, lol. There is plenty of lush green grass in Victorians region, many green coasts too! 

Also, why does it look like none of your neighbors have moved in? So empty. 

Edited by Milk Pixelmaid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Also, why does it look like none of your neighbors have moved in? So empty. 

I know... that was odd. It's an April region. House to the right of me was claimed maybe back then (need to recheck, if not then, some months ago...).

Really strange...

After I took this pic, I filled up the house. The outside is still a little empty though. For now I am actually on the fence between Victorians and Traditionals. Use-wise Victorians are an inferior product due to everything being touch - they chose to favor the scripts while customizing over the actual residing in the spot (as opposed to say... deleting the scripts after customizing and telling you to just re-rez if you need to repaint)... Every face in the Victorian, even ones that we were told AFTER THE FACT are not supposed to be... is responsive to commands from the control system, probably through a touch call...

But the Victorian spot is better, and I had more space to fill it.

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've become a professional Victorian house flipper 😂

I can not even keep track anymore which alt has which and where. I've gone through dozens in the past few days. It's pretty amazing too, how many times I wind up in the same exact lot even if I am trying hours later, on the same avi no less. So weird. And certain regions keep popping up over and over so I wonder if some of them just don't appear to people for whatever reason.

Have passed over many gorgeous properties with unique landscaping only because of things like being sandwiched between other homes - a big dislike. I have landed a few comfy spots which tug at my hear that I will not give up yet unless I find some big prize like one on a beach (isn't that always what most of us want???) or any waterfront at all. I have a couple that do have gorgeous water views - one set high on a hill top overseeing everything, blue everywhere down below. Another across the street on a private secret like lot that has cute peaks at the ocean across the street and with some strategic derendering is just about perfect, and another, sits high up a street in a very stately prominent way with a total clear view down to the ocean way below - sort of like a San Francisco vista feel to it. Those three are special for sure.

I haven't had any time to decorate/furnish etc. Only put down a garden in one so far. End of year is my busiest time at work and I'm beyond stressed and tired. Looking forward to a few days off next week so I can gather my wits and figure out all of what I've landmarked and see if any of this needs to be abandoned. 

EDIT: Might let the one in Oatley go. It's the one I did up as The Pink Lady, with a lovely large pond view but now that it's been put back to regular Linden colors *sighs* I kind of am not so thrilled as I was with it as before. Nice lot - but maybe not worth holding onto since I do like the others better.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I've become a professional Victorian house flipper

lol .. i'm jumping around too since the Victorians got released... no serious special house that really clicked to me till now.. tonight even 3 times the same house from the 5... horrible...lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I was wrong when I said there were Victorian regions not yet released. Every one I clicked on was released.

Makes it risky to give up a home you are 75 - 90 % happy with.  Now I hope for news about Super Premium soon. I am happy that I don't like Campers and consider myself done with Houseboats. Because then I don't need to have an alt for 4 types of LH. As soon as I hear what Super Premium is, what we get and how much we must pay, I can give up a house. If it is something that gives me more land and Li. Time will tell.

I hope we know what it is before Easter.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Homes, homes homes! All sorts of homes are available. The question is for how long? My alts have been catching and releasing so many traditionals and Vics these last few days. The beach house I wanted since Bellisseria's inception was my intended target. Well, I got two! One traditional just now and an incredible Victorian on the beach a couple of days ago. The game of homes is not for everyone but, if you don't like what you have now then this is definitely the time to play. Break a pixel everyone!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I think I was wrong when I said there were Victorian regions not yet released. Every one I clicked on was released.

None of the houses on Zwischen look to be claimed, so they either didn't get to the end of the alphabet with releases or the houses simply haven't been claimed yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I think I was wrong when I said there were Victorian regions not yet released. Every one I clicked on was released.

There are 10 inland regions of Victorians that have not been released yet - they have been releasing regions slowly all day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

There are 10 inland regions of Victorians that have not been released yet - they have been releasing regions slowly all day!

Didn't they say yesterday they had basically thrown it all out there?

It might just be that they're in a stack - Home Z won't get taken until homes A-Y have... If so, it would also explain why some people (one of my alts included), seem to get their abandons back so often right now...

Demand has basically been met... so if my theory is right those middle sims might take a while to get claimed. Which is actually a good thing... now is the time to tell all those "it's just to hard to get one" friends to jump in and get one...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just let my Oatley house go. Sweet spot but I just got another one I liked in Knebworth which I much prefer. Another overlooking the ocean below.

I keep *just* missing getting a house on property which I want. So close, but not there yet. This one overlooks a few homes on a sandy island. Would kill for one of those. Not the sandy part, just the island!

Anyway so this is where the homes are that I have so far that I need to make decisions about (others I've thrown back already).

Pommade: Half way up a steep street, west view to water. Nice winding walkway to house. Lush plantings. No house in back of me. If I de-render bushes have much better views of water below and makes backyard look enormous. Park-like feel to neighborhood. Kind of reminds me of upscale areas of San Francisco. Big pieces of protected land between me and neighbors on all sides so super private.

Bandstand: This one is interesting. Way at the top of a very steep street also, but placed so prominently that you can't miss it  -  you could walk right into the front door walking up from the MIzzenmast region., which as a fountain at the end of that block where it meets the waterfront.  So, no other homes face into the front of my house at all.  And, it's the only house on the block - no house on either side of it. The two houses near it are on the other side of the street on either side. It really does stand alone. Has traditional wrought iron planters at walkway - have not seen there in any other home yet. Yard totally fenced in with the brick and iron fencing. Backyard is kind of no big deal though but not terrible. Street looks perfect for a parade to go through, long and wide. The front is the showcase. This house feels GRAND.

Red Hook: Right next door to Bandstand. End of the street, on a cul de sac, across from water front homes. This house just has that something-something about it that I love.  Another home where there's no house in back of me, nor the side so the yards feel large and private. It's the only one I've started working on so that says something. 

Knebworth:  Another home overlooking a lovely view of waters beyond. Even a houseboat community. And again, a private street, 2nd house from the end of a dead end - no houses across - clear view to water but not at ground level.  House next door *might* be a little closer to back yard than I prefer plus I think overlooking those homes on the sandy island below may just make me annoyed lol.

Yea so. Lots of premium alts to play around with (been in SL a long time).  Of course, I could keep all of these and just decorate all - I sure have enough inventory to do them all in completely different ways but...do I have the time? 😱

EDIT: OMG forgot about Beaux Armes. I knew I missed on. LOVE this one. This is one where the backyard is the focal point - finally. Up on a hill, overlooking waters below, very clear view with a bridge in the distance (do need to de-render some small bushes, no big deal).  Extremely picturesque. Nice sized backyard to go along with this. Pretty sure this is a keeper. I can see making a fantastic patio back there.

 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still blown away that for the first time since the original release in April, we still have a surplus of all 4 styles available to pick from.  Being on vacation currently, I don't have the time to play house-swap.  If there is still a surplus after I get home this weekend, I may see what I can land.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The islands south of Belisseria, where it is all houseboats, are starting to fill up.

I predict houseboats will vanish from the selection within a few days, or sooner. But this time most people who want one will have gotten in.

 

EDIT...

And flying up in the sky over there... I just had to file an Abuse Report against a 0-second instant no warning 'orbit-out' (eject) security orb that tossed me out of my vehicle, and again orbited me when I walked in to make sure it was an orb and not the vehicle... http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Knot Shore/169/119/18

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
spelling / grammer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flower Caerndow said:

There are 10 inland regions of Victorians that have not been released yet - they have been releasing regions slowly all day!

As per Patch on Wednesday, "There will be no more releases until we are back at it in 2020!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

As per Patch on Wednesday, "There will be no more releases until we are back at it in 2020!"

As far as I know they released new regions on Thursday when my friend got a STELLAR plot. Checking the neighboring houses, they were ALL taken on Thursday -- so perhaps that quote means no more after the end of the week --- like TODAY?    

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...