When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Rhiananna said:

Does anyone have any ideas about the time of release on the homes?  I would love to get a Victorian and I see there are many still yet unowned.  I know LL has been mixing

up the actual time of release so it's not always the same but is there a general trend?  Early AM's, evening, overnights, etc.

You should be able to try for one now.  There is lots of homes still unclaimed.  Just go to the land page and go for it!

• Like 1

I just went onto the land page with my alt...who is not premium.....& there was a Victorian, Traditional & Camper...several times in a row...but when I click "Next" - it wants me to sign up for Premium......not wanting to do that.......I currently have a houseboat that I am going to stay in til after Christmas.....then I will try to get a better location of a Houseboat.....will get a Victorian at some point in the future.....but just wanted to check the land page to see if there were any available & there are....it is so nice to see lots of choices for Bellisseria available.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rhiananna said:

Does anyone have any ideas about the time of release on the homes?  I would love to get a Victorian and I see there are many still yet unowned.  I know LL has been mixing

up the actual time of release so it's not always the same but is there a general trend?  Early AM's, evening, overnights, etc.

Right NOW all types of abodes are available. This is the best time to get that we have ever had -- since there are more to choose from and an easy availability. 

• Like 1

These new Victorian homes are so lovely that I am almost tempted to upgrade an alt to Premium, just to snag one.

ALMOST. Just as in real life, it would take a major convulsion for me to uproot my current Traditional Linden Home to go for one of these, as lovely as they are.

I'm all decorated and I can't see myself packing up and moving again.

Edited by Vanity Fair

Seems to be very easy to get a nice Linden home now,  the new ones and others that people are releasing.

Today, with my Linden homes counter restarted, I tried a house boat, and a traditional with nothing special, I guess they would be abandoned because the others homes around already had owner.  The third was a victorian,  and I got a very different and nice location, right next to a pond.  I guess that it could be previosly abandoned too, because there were people in front of the entrance.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Eames/147/45/34

Dora.jpg

Edited by Dora Paule
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

These new Victorian homes are so lovely that I am almost tempted to upgrade an alt to Premium, just to snag one.

ALMOST. Just as in real life, it would take a major convulsion for me to uproot my current Traditional Linden Home to go for one of these, as lovely as they are.

I'm all decorated and I can't see myself packing up and moving again.

You DO get that the reason most folks ARE moving is so that they can dec-o-rate a new place - doncha LOL.   Just had to smile at that. (for those that don't know we DO know each other - virtually anyway).   

I would switch except that I am a short timer premium wise - unless they make it so you can pay with lindens instead of USD.  So not much point for me. But I am having great fun watching the houses and seeing what my friends do and peering over their shoulders.   The houses themselves and the flora are definitely big steps up from the traditionals of nine months ago.  But I have a super great lot and I will stick with it til Spring.  

11 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

😮 We are able to individually tint the outside colors AND the windows? How?

PINK is in the OUTSIDE color list so it isn't a custom color like you can do for the inside.  THAT is what I thought was the special news.   Also a choice for WINDOWS in the menu.  

image.png.8176d7df24e1cfd7cbb2b58b1fed0ce0.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Knutz Scorpio said:

Just did a quick cam'ing around my neighborhood of Tradition homes and found 4 that are in Governor Linden's name.  Never thought I'd see any of them unoccupied.

In the inworld chat I caught a little of last night Patch was saying there were 500 homes in the pool right now so I think this will be the new new :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I feared the Victorians would go in a few hours.

I have never been so happy to be wrong! 😀

I have a parcel in Crawford that is warming me to them. I also hop to see what's available and I claimed and gave back some lovely places with ponds, rivers and train lines. I just prefer the parcel I have only reason they return to the pool. There are lots of really good parcels available right now. I didn't see the Victorian option disappear from land page yesterday in fact the only option I saw flicker in and out was houseboat. The other three options seemed constant :)

1 hour ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I have a parcel in Crawford that is warming me to them. I also hop to see what's available and I claimed and gave back some lovely places with ponds, rivers and train lines. I just prefer the parcel I have only reason they return to the pool. There are lots of really good parcels available right now. I didn't see the Victorian option disappear from land page yesterday in fact the only option I saw flicker in and out was houseboat. The other three options seemed constant :)

You abandoned in Oleander too? I saw a friend get a house by a pond and railway tracks there yesterday.

Edited by Marianne Little

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

PINK is in the OUTSIDE color list so it isn't a custom color like you can do for the inside.  THAT is what I thought was the special news.   Also a choice for WINDOWS in the menu.  

image.png.8176d7df24e1cfd7cbb2b58b1fed0ce0.png

I didn't use the outside pink. I totally tinted my own colors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You abandoned in Oleander too? I saw a friend get a house by a pond and railway tracks there yesterday.

Not Oleander so far  -but I've had pretty much every home in Mallory this morning - it's quite strange all these homes available per region! (good though I am enjoying it!)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rhiananna said:

Does anyone have any ideas about the time of release on the homes?  I would love to get a Victorian and I see there are many still yet unowned. 

New Bellisseria regions are released any time during LL working hours. If you want a Victorian get one now properties in Bellisseria haven't been this plentiful since the day they were released in about April time. You can switch homes 5 times in 24 hours just don't be too quick to abandon I gave up a really good location doing that

3 hours ago, Squeaky Mole said:

Just so you know, tinting the outside is a bug. Abusing bugs is not allowed so if we spot tinted exteriors we'll reset your home. 

This bug and other small things will be fixed shortly.

I understand the policy behind this, thank you for telling us.  But ... I would like the policy changed!    @Patch Linden , @Abnor Mole, please reconsider fixing the exterior tinting bug.

People are having a lot of fun tinting their Victorians.  LIKE IN REAL LIFE.  I've seen wonderful "painted lady" designs already.  And we cannot change the textures, so tinting is virtually no load on the servers, correct?

I guarantee you that if tinting the exteriors goes away, you are going to see all kinds of popular but possibly god-awful addons for homes.  Particularly for the Verne.  The Verne is going to be a very popular style, because of its footprint on the lot.  But ....not everyone wants an all-white tower on their home.  Doing an add-on for that tower will be difficult, so I'm quite sure that soon we'll see add-ons for it that obscure the tower's architectural detail, which would be a shame.  We left the tower mostly white but tinted some of the gingerbread to match the rest of the house, and (once we get the color match perfect) will be very happy with it. 

By design, there is a lot of uniformity between regions in the interior of Belli.   Yes, there are ponds and fountains and flower beds, but also a lot of streets with rows of houses placed neatly next to each other.  It's inevitable with the design concept of the Victorians. I know that if you had been intending to allow exterior tinting, the exterior faces might have been arranged differently.  But, just as it is, it allows range for a lot of creativity.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I understand the policy behind this, thank you for telling us.  But ... I would like the policy changed!    @Patch Linden , @Abnor Mole, please reconsider fixing the exterior tinting bug.

People are having a lot of fun tinting their Victorians.  LIKE IN REAL LIFE.  I've seen wonderful "painted lady" designs already.  And we cannot change the textures, so tinting is virtually no load on the servers, correct?

I guarantee you that if tinting the exteriors goes away, you are going to see all kinds of popular but possibly god-awful addons for homes.  Particularly for the Verne.  The Verne is going to be a very popular style, because of its footprint on the lot.  But ....not everyone wants an all-white tower on their home.  Doing an add-on for that tower will be difficult, so I'm quite sure that soon we'll see add-ons for it that obscure the tower's architectural detail, which would be a shame.  We left the tower mostly white but tinted some of the gingerbread to match the rest of the house, and (once we get the color match perfect) will be very happy with it. 

By design, there is a lot of uniformity between regions in the interior of Belli.   Yes, there are ponds and fountains and flower beds, but also a lot of streets with rows of houses placed neatly next to each other.  It's inevitable with the design concept of the Victorians. I know that if you had been intending to allow exterior tinting, the exterior faces might have been arranged differently.  But, just as it is, it allows range for a lot of creativity.

As a member of the architectural/design community in RL I totally concur with this assessment and request.

Please to consider @Patch Linden @Abnor Mole 🤗

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

just don't be too quick to abandon I gave up a really good location doing that

I second this motion. I abandoned my first as it was on a region corner (and I dunlikethat) - then after getting my second I was thinking "meh", but no time, I'll abandon tomorrow.

So I went back to it yesterday, had a closer look. No, it's not near any water feature, it's not near any landscape social features, it's not near any decorative community feature... BUT, it's on an unique corner plot (road on two sides) and those roads are at an unique angle; the house is oriented east-west, but the roads are off-kilter by almost 45 degrees. So I took a closer look at the plot itself.

It turns out that I have (what seems to be, at least) the rarest of hedge-work: The super-fancy curved front hedge, with a lot more flower-bush treatment than all my neighbors, double-decker partial fencing with that curved hedge and the side-hedges appear to have flower segments running along them. I could be wrong about the "rarity" of this, but I scanned the streets up and down and did not see the same anywhere near my plot.

So I decided "Oh, yeah, this is a sleeper-keeper for sure". 

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.