When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, AlexusAbrianna said:

Today from my memory i've seen them release Mallory, Bridesmere, and Red Hook in that order (other regions too but i can't keep up lol). Surely not releasing in alphabetical order right now

Malloy was out yesterday (from a friend who didn't stay there) so that one was a toss back.  Bridesmere was explained above (sim issues maybe).   I am pretty sure they are down to the Rs or so today.  For SURE when they were released on Monday, they were alphabetical. But my friend took a reroll and tossed some in the B's.   So really by now there is NO WAY to know what you will be getting. And one person's reroll is another's perfect spot (well there are some "bad" places but you get the idea LOL).  

And my friend got a coastal one and hated it.  So not all the coastal plots will pass muster with you picky folks :D.   Cause she isn't all that picky. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

New houseboating goodness. My wife dropped her first HB & traded it for a beautiful spot in Just Add Water. I feel like a little kid diving into a pile of prezzies on Yule morn. Paper, boxes & ribbons flying everywhere. Thank you to all Lindens & Moles and all of you have the very best holiday & the most amazing next year!

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I already started making a sunroom with balcony. I want to sit high up and look over the sea. If you see prims and windows in a backyard, you know that's me. I must put up a builders platform up in the sky, but making measurements on ground.

Lol I made my first sunroom today!! (also I put up my platform but I am moving it as we've found our keeper parcel in Lower Barensmouth)

This means I have a riverside Crawford and a sunrise coast Dimanche to put back I will do so in about 10 hours so hopefully does not mess with release times

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

As a member of the architectural/design community in RL I totally concur with this assessment and request.

Please to consider @Patch Linden @Abnor Mole 🤗

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

@Patch Linden, @Abnor Mole It's a serious mistake to remove that feature.

It went out with the live release, and was NOT stated as being not allowed anywhere, was intuitively easy to do with the color HUD provided, appears connected to the very reason the homes are still 'touchable', and it's very popular.

Victorian homes in the real world have a very long tradition of 'Painted Lady' designs. This part of the covenent basically gives approval of it:

The covenant already covers the risk of bad choices in the consideration note:

- Right there you basically have the Painted Lady zoning laws of San Francisco. Do it, but not garishly so.

As Nika noted... the response is likely to be a wave of addons and shells that will NOT look as presentable.

Painted Lady is synonymous with Victorians.

I'm going to remind once again, reduced capabilities on these homes is a feature.  If you desire that level of freedom, then perhaps you have outgrown the Linden Homes product.

We will not be adding the bug back in to the homes as a feature, it is an intentional restriction.

Maybe the next item for us to consider is perhaps a modification to the covenant restricting exterior appearance modifiers further (disallowing shells).

• Thanks 13
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, xrockinfree said:

Bandstand released!

Got one there too :)

Up the hill, unobstructed view looking down the street to the water. Going to keep that one too.

Glad I have a lot of premium alts LOL. Eventually will make a decision of which one (ones?) I like best and release the rest. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I'm going to remind once again, reduced capabilities on these homes is a feature.  If you desire that level of freedom, then perhaps you have outgrown the Linden Homes product.

We will not be adding the bug back in to the homes as a feature, it is an intentional restriction.

Maybe the next item for us to consider is perhaps a modification to the covenant restricting exterior appearance modifiers further (disallowing shells).

OK, thanks for responding, that's at least clear.   And my partner & I will keep our LHs, thank you, they're quite lovely.

/me adds a few items to her shopping list.

I keep forgetting:

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

I was actually quite surprised that they weren't already considered against the covenant since so many of the colors people are choosing are most definitely what I'd consider as 'out of theme' for the neighborhoods.  

Then again, I never really thought that a glowing pink tree was "in theme" either, so what do I know.

• Haha 6

57 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Yes, ban shells. Some of the exterior colors that people choose are... bright.

With the same argument, you could say all add-ons must be removed because some of them are ugly. When a shell is within the theme and tasteful it should be allowed. I would find it weird that people were encouraged to make addons at the release, and then shells are disallowed. Add-ons should be judged on how they look, not on what the add-on is.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.