When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, I spent less than 10 minutes on abandoning 5. I only needed to zoom out and look at the flowers, or should I say lack of flowers, and how the surroundings looked.

I do that too - today though, about 12 hours after the message about not doing Game of Homes came out so I was hoping it was all good. I was convinced no Victorian but with RL business winding down for xmas and time on my hands plus opportunity to bod around a large release .. can't resist. I've gone through quite a few in a very short space of time I know immediately from the large map before I've seen it what the outcome will be. (usually!) When the large camper release happened up to a week or ten days after there were some amazing abandons but it trailed off afterwards so now is certainly the time to look and see what is out there. If we are now allowed to go full throttle game of homes....

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I only needed to zoom out and look at the flowers, or should I say lack of flowers, and how the surroundings looked.

I'm going for the "behind the wall/fence/hedge flowers" as well. 😄 This really kinda wow'ed me at the preview and now I kept getting the plots with no flowers at all... 😂😭

6 minutes ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

I'm going for the "behind the wall/fence/hedge flowers" as well. 😄 This really kinda wow'ed me at the preview and now I kept getting the plots with no flowers at all... 😂😭

I was thinking to play Game of Homes mostly for kicks. But I hadn't realized how lucky I got as mine has one of those fancy-schmancy *curved* hedge, with partial fence AND lotsa flowers flooding that area. The side hedges seem to have small batches of flower *in* the hedge at intervals also. Is this a rare yard-style? I only briefly looked about the area. I do like that it's also an east-west orientation (Front door faces south) and it's a corner lot with both roads are at a very interesting angle (almost 45-degrees off-kilter from the house).

Hmmm... Sometimes we just dont't realize what we have until we give it all a chance to sink in. I'll have to ponder playing the game or not now. Hahaha!

• Like 6

My luck has been several times the same house, on a region with 5+ houses available(looking at you, Poult and Linton). Pretty sure I counted 5 abandons, though.

Luckily i'm not in a frenzy over these atm, so it's all just been pretty chill for me.

I really feel like they need more willows, though..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

My luck has been several times the same house, on a region with 5+ houses available(looking at you, Poult and Linton). Pretty sure I counted 5 abandons, though.

Luckily i'm not in a frenzy over these atm, so it's all just been pretty chill for me.

I really feel like they need more willows, though..

I feel same - but as soon as I had one I felt the need to make something for it so I have ideas now of what to build and I also like the content pack but I am bit lacking in snow caps for Victorians and wonder - did they not make the caps for them? Got the building bug again!

Somehow the old times have been more fun - at least for me.

There was so seldom something you were able to catch on the landpage that the five tries per day did not harm you.

When the release started you noticed it because lots more offers on the page.

Now there is allways an offer you get something at once but it is an abandoned noone likes, often the same all over again and there is no way of telling when they will release a new region and which.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I feel same - but as soon as I had one I felt the need to make something for it so I have ideas now of what to build and I also like the content pack but I am bit lacking in snow caps for Victorians and wonder - did they not make the caps for them? Got the building bug again!

I could be wrong, but snow-caps and willow trees could create a visual clash. Akin to wearing Red and Orange horizontal stripes. No? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I think that perhaps they were so busy just getting the houses done and out, they didn't have the time.. or that's my figure. I'm sure they can be made well enough on one's own with a flat prim though, lol

..and maybe a little photoshop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s2Pandora said:

That's odd. Those 2 regions have large ponds. Unless the abandons are too far from the pond or something - those are spots I would expect to be popular.

This is all new though - so everyone is trying to game out the 5 best spots out of the 1500 out there... It will settle pretty quickly once those last 5 posh spots are claimed by people that put up land mines and guard dogs against anyone taking their place... :P

The willows seem to range from 113-119 to maybe even eleventy-silly land impact... so they can't put so many of them out.
- If they had gone in for 1-land impact sculpty willows we could have regions full of them, but then we'd all be sitting at 5 fps in lag soup... I prefer pea soup over lag soup personally... ;)

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That's odd. Those 2 regions have large ponds. Unless the abandons are too far from the pond or something - those are spots I would expect to be popular.

This is all new though - so everyone is trying to game out the 5 best spots out of the 1500 out there... It will settle pretty quickly once those last 5 posh spots are claimed by people that put up land mines and guard dogs against anyone taking their place... :P

The willows seem to range from 113-119 to maybe even eleventy-silly land impact... so they can't put so many of them out.
- If they had gone in for 1-land impact sculpty willows we could have regions full of them, but then we'd all be sitting at 5 fps in lag soup... I prefer pea soup over lag soup personally... ;)

That's the thing that annoyed me. When I ended up on Poult, there were 4 houses vacant bordering the water(2 of which had view of a willow; I don't care too much for water anymore, but most willows are near water here). I ended up back in the land-locked house I had gotten last time when I tried again.

Periana released today, almost all houses empty, and I ended up in the house across the street from a house with a gorgeous willow behind it that I had my eyes on.. and then I ran out of abandons lmao.

The willows are pretty hefty though, yeah. One i'd seen was something like 83LI, which is insane, but they are so gosh darn pretty, and my overall favorite part of the new theme.

Edited by s2Pandora

15 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

The willows are pretty hefty though, yeah. One i'd seen was something like 83LI, which is insane, but they are so gosh darn pretty, and my overall favorite part of the new theme.

That's actually the LOWEST land impact Willow I've heard of so far... :)

But just now I examined three on the other side of the river behind me. One is 86 the other two are 119. Those are the only 3 on my region - across the river and not near any houses.

My second alt used up all her abandons with her very first abandon today... apparently the clock doesn't reset daily... but only resets if there is a FULL 24 hours between 'now' and you last abandon... If I totaled my last 4 abandons... it's be about 48-70 hours ago... but the last one was only 15 hours ago...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

Just now, Pussycat Catnap said:

That's actually the LOWEST land impact Willow I've heard of so far... :)

But just now I examined three on the other side of the river behind me. One is 86 the other two are 119. Those are the only 3 on my region - across the river and not near any houses.

It's very possible the one i'd seen was 86 as well. It was yesterday, but I do remember it being in the 80s lol.

Got a house on Periana back twice..! Even though a LOT of houses are still unclaimed. 😂 I'm going to keep it now until tomorrow, since I ran out of abandon juice again.
It's so nice looking at the land page and seeing almost all themes available now. Seems like even if you get your 24 hour jail break, you won't be homeless for weeks anymore. Love it! 🥰

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, I spent less than 10 minutes on abandoning 5. I only needed to zoom out and look at the flowers, or should I say lack of flowers, and how the surroundings looked.

In RL I hate flowers with a passion... anything floral with a scent and it's fighting time... Or rather sneezing time...

My Victorian has a row of death out front... or rather flowers... same thing... :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

In RL I hate flowers with a passion... anything floral with a scent and it's fighting time... Or rather sneezing time...

My Victorian has a row of death out front... or rather flowers... same thing... :P

Most of the Victorian are  of that style, flowers or trees close to the home.  It's also difficult to walk inside the houses, the camera gets dizzy

I currently have one, because I wanted to try the custom color changes inside, and for the plot size, but it's also located in one of those streets surrounded by flowers, and the views are not very good.  I'll abandon it tomorrow, in 7 or 8 hours or I'll have to wait 24 hours more (that home was my 5th, and I got it about 19  hours ago).

Edited by Dora Paule

1 hour ago, Dora Paule said:

Most of the Victorian are  of that style, flowers or trees close to the home.  It's also difficult to walk inside the houses, the camera gets dizzy

You know I was complaining about that in the "reveal" at the Expo, but now -- even with a smaller style house) I have no problem in my friend's.  No clue what the difference was. I haven't changed any settings at all. I do have my camera settings different than the default and that normally works much better in small spaces but it really wasn't in the preview of the homes. So "maybe" it will get better for you. The biggest home, the Hardy I think, has the least issues for that -- at least that was my experience.  My friend is in the one with the ROUND turret and the two sides of porch. Don't know the name.  

1 hour ago, Dora Paule said:

I'm having fun with them. The wall of death, er flowers, looks nice. I can't enjoy them in RL so I will enjoy them in SL.

With my smaller avatar and camera settings the camera is no issue for me.

I did try a bit of Bellisseria fishing kicking myself for abandoning a property in Blandings Haven too quickly before i gave everything a chance to rezz properly it was next to the train tracks did end up keeping a property in Beneline as i think abandoning it would have meant i reached the 5/24hr limit the lovely Squeaky Mole managed to get the Hardy style working for me. As locations go it's better than the first one i scored in Barstough

51 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Anyone know how to tweak the outside house colors?

Never mind - figured it out for the most part! 

Now if I could remember again so I can color the  one window I missed LOL

Anyway, I present to you all - The Pink Lady in Oatley

It's a Keeper in Oatley

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, Knutz Scorpio said:

Just did a quick cam'ing around my neighborhood of Tradition homes and found 4 that are in Governor Linden's name.  Never thought I'd see any of them unoccupied.

It's so nice to see these homes showing up all the time!  Not sure how long it will last but nice to see.

Does anyone have any ideas about the time of release on the homes?  I would love to get a Victorian and I see there are many still yet unowned.  I know LL has been mixing

up the actual time of release so it's not always the same but is there a general trend?  Early AM's, evening, overnights, etc.

10 minutes ago, Rhiananna said:

Does anyone have any ideas about the time of release on the homes?  I would love to get a Victorian and I see there are many still yet unowned.  I know LL has been mixing

up the actual time of release so it's not always the same but is there a general trend?  Early AM's, evening, overnights, etc.

Why not try and get one now? There are plenty to be had.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.