When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Logged in for a few to chance my gambling arm & rolled a chalet in Drumlin Farm. Corner allotment, no front neighbour, pond & park on the side across the road so no neighbours there & it’s a little way back from the big river with nothing currently there to block my view. There’s room for another house but for now I’m keeping it & seeing what happens. There are still nice homes out there. Just don’t get disheartened.

• Like 4

I finally found a chalet site I can live with for now. It's in Alpen Springs. Everything I landed felt very generic but this one, for now, has wide open water in the back, a lot more trees/flowers than I've been seeing and the house itself is positioned pretty well. So, making what I can of it to see if I wind up liking it. We'll see. 

• Like 5

This thread is not indestructible enough to handle all the personal attacks.  They WILL lock it. 

I believe everyone is playing characters anyway.  Some people are just really really good at playing jerks and then laughing about their perceived cleverness  🙂  None of this would be said to anyone face to face.  It's easy to insult people you know you'll never see or meet in person.

I really thought I would like the chalets, but I am at a creative loss about furnishing one.  I want to go rustic and hobbity, but the interior of the houses is just so modern looking and paved roads and parks make the whole area the opposite of fantasy.  I'm not giving up, yet, but I need to find some inspiration to get started. I rolled a chalet yesterday that I MIGHT keep long enough to try (but maybe not.  My one hopper is itching to hop)

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

This thread is not indestructible enough to handle all the personal attacks.  They WILL lock it. 

I believe everyone is playing characters anyway.  Some people are just really really good at playing jerks and then laughing about their perceived cleverness  🙂  None of this would be said to anyone face to face.  It's easy to insult people you know you'll never see or meet in person.

I really thought I would like the chalets, but I am at a creative loss about furnishing one.  I want to go rustic and hobbity, but the interior of the houses is just so modern looking and paved roads and parks make the whole area the opposite of fantasy.  I'm not giving up, yet, but I need to find some inspiration to get started. I rolled a chalet yesterday that I MIGHT keep long enough to try (but maybe not.  My one hopper is itching to hop)

Having been to Disney World, I feel that they look exactly like theme parks... fake village.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Can anyone tell me how to fix a sudden loss of the ability to visit a location from the website Map?  I'm using Firestorm.

The only time this happened to me was when I had two viewers open. One for SL and one for Opensim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

The only time this happened to me was when I had two viewers open. One for SL and one for Opensim.

I only had one open.  It happened since yesterday, and as far as I know I haven't changed anything, but what you said makes me wonder if it's a settings thing.  Nuisance when house-hunting, but I used up my 5 goes today. :D

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Happy Easter everyone.  Let's all have fun with the house chase, and be kind to each other (this includes me). 

Can anyone tell me how to fix a sudden loss of the ability to visit a location from the website Map?  I'm using Firestorm.

Can you be more specific?  Is the issue that you don't see the "Visit this location" popup when you click on a location, or is it that selecting "Visit this location" results in an error or nothing happens?  

image.png.3c8d4f250dc8c13a0e8d779a45cf9bea.png

I've had a few bad experiences using that feature with a combination of Firefox and Firestorm.  To be more specific, Firestorm would attempt to launch but would open windowed instead of full screen, and it would never get past loading settings.  Restoring my settings from a backup resolved the issue temporarily, but after going through this a couple of times I stopped trying.

My workaround is to right-click the link, copy it, launch Firestorm manually, and then paste the copied link into the location field on the Firestorm login screen.

40 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Can you be more specific?  Is the issue that you don't see the "Visit this location" popup when you click on a location, or is it that selecting "Visit this location" results in an error or nothing happens?  

image.png.3c8d4f250dc8c13a0e8d779a45cf9bea.png

I've had a few bad experiences using that feature with a combination of Firefox and Firestorm.  To be more specific, Firestorm would attempt to launch but would open windowed instead of full screen, and it would never get past loading settings.  Restoring my settings from a backup resolved the issue temporarily, but after going through this a couple of times I stopped trying.

My workaround is to right-click the link, copy it, launch Firestorm manually, and then paste the copied link into the location field on the Firestorm login screen.

I used to have that problem a few years ago. Every time I updated my Firestorm viewer (I'm using Firefox too), I couldn't get a LM through the website anymore. Then somebody (probably in Firestorm support group) suggested the following:

- Download the official  LL  viewer, if you don't already have it on your PC.

- Open it, so it is able to automatically update to the latest version. It is not necessary to log in!

- Once it is updated, close the LL viewer again and then use Firestorm or update the Firestorm viewer.

Ever since I am doing that I never again had that problem. Even the dreaded EEP update worked fine so far. It doesn't make any sense to me and don't ask for a tech explanation. But it works for me and that is all I need. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you have ever installed different viewers then your computer can get confused on what to do with SLURLs.  The easiest thing that I've found to deal with it is the firestorm recommended SLURL PROXY.  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/slurl

Whenever you click on a web map, it will invoke SLURL PROXY.  You can then have SLURL PROXY automatically default to route that request to a specific viewer or you can tell SLURL PROXY to simply open its window and let you choose which viewer to use -- the second option is useful if you bounce between multiple viewers.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Happy Easter everyone.  Let's all have fun with the house chase, and be kind to each other (this includes me). 

I had this happening for the last couple of months. When I ran the new update, it cleared the issue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TarraMcBain said:

Happy Easter!!  If your a fan of stilt houses I will be letting go of one on Reeser.  It is land but you're right on the water with a cute island right off the back deck.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Reeser/96/39/25  If you interested let me know soon other wise I will be dropping it at 7 am 

I rolled this ( stilt homes were on the land page!  unusual ) and just let it go....it is very cute!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

I rolled this ( stilt homes were on the land page!  unusual ) and just let it go....it is very cute!

It has been grabbed and re-released again...not by me, I merely have a nearby stilt, and can see it from here.  I'm sure someone will love it eventually.  

3 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Thank you for your advice. My problem is the latter with nothing happening, and it occurs to me that I should now be asking in the viewer forum. :D  I was so focussed on house hunting that I didn't think.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Thank you for your advice. My problem is the latter with nothing happening, and it occurs to me that I should now be asking in the viewer forum. :D I was so focussed on house hunting that I didn't think.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you have ever installed different viewers then your computer can get confused on what to do with SLURLs.  The easiest thing that I've found to deal with it is the firestorm recommended SLURL PROXY.  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/slurl

Whenever you click on a web map, it will invoke SLURL PROXY.  You can then have SLURL PROXY automatically default to route that request to a specific viewer or you can tell SLURL PROXY to simply open its window and let you choose which viewer to use -- the second option is useful if you bounce between multiple viewers.

Well since you have already asked here and it is a safe departure from some of the other discussions, LittleMe Jewel's advice should solve your issue.  

• Like 3

Trolls need constant feeding, otherwise they wither up and blow away.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:04 AM, Patch Linden said:

884 pages in and I think we'd hate to make this thread evaporate if you all can not maintain civility.  This is your warning.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Lindens

Hi everyone,

It's a real shame so many pages in, but despite several warnings and the one most recently issued by Patch, negative personal attacks have continued on this thread, and it therefore needs to be locked.

Please keep the Community Participation Guidelines in mind in all of your Forum activities going forward:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/403538-community-participation-guidelines

Here's to productive, civil discussions in the future. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.