When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Nissa Nightfire said:

i was thinking I read somewhere that there's a certain process regions go thru before release ... I'm hoping to roll for a coastline spot :)

At this point there is no way to tell if you will get a new release or an abandon from someone else. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. 

• Like 3

I'm sure that is always going to be true :) And even when there are new regions released, you can probably get an abandon.  I'm just hoping to increase my odds a little by using my one roll when one of those coastal regions is released.  I was remembering that taking them offline was one of the last things done before release -- but just wasn't sure I remembered correctly!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I will not try to take anything before it is confirmed that it is released a coast region or more.

I don't think that there is a way to know if the home that you receive is abandoned by other people or just new released, only if the house is surrounded by others without delivering...

5 minutes ago, Dora Paule said:

I don't think that there is a way to know if the home that you receive is abandoned by other people or just new released, only if the house is surrounded by others without delivering...

That's true, but if they release some of the regions they restarted, at least I can hope it is something from them.Trying to take a house now bill be Monday's release.

24 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

@Patch Linden, @Abnor Mole It's a serious mistake to remove that feature.

It went out with the live release, and was NOT stated as being not allowed anywhere, was intuitively easy to do with the color HUD provided, appears connected to the very reason the homes are still 'touchable', and it's very popular.

Victorian homes in the real world have a very long tradition of 'Painted Lady' designs. This part of the covenent basically gives approval of it:

The covenant already covers the risk of bad choices in the consideration note:

- Right there you basically have the Painted Lady zoning laws of San Francisco. Do it, but not garishly so.

As Nika noted... the response is likely to be a wave of addons and shells that will NOT look as presentable.

Painted Lady is synonymous with Victorians.

victorian-houses-in-a-row-82302093-5851b

ceb0f4c8ed4cd7a8b50deea4b69eb0b0.jpg&f=1

galena21.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

michigan-victorian-5971-3-hdr-edit.jpg&f

Pussycat Catnap,  your response and info regarding the Covenant offers smart food for thought, so thank you for posting as it makes a number of valid points I'd not thought of.  I did the crime and posted photos of it on "The Linden Homes Photo Thread", just didn't realize it was abusing a bug but perhaps in the strictest sense that could apply.  I will admit it was a heck of a lot of fun learning curve.  I'd rather tint than shell any time.    I'll remove my tint when home later day ;(   but I'm hopeful we'll have some sort of tint option in the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Pussycat Catnap,  your response and info regarding the Covenant offers smart food for thought, so thank you for posting as it makes a number of valid points I'd not thought of.  I did the crime and posted photos of it on "The Linden Homes Photo Thread", just didn't realize it was abusing a bug but perhaps in the strictest sense that could apply.  I will admit it was a heck of a lot of fun learning curve.  I'd rather tint than shell any time.    I'll remove my tint when home later day ;(   but I'm hopeful we'll have some sort of tint option in the future.

Ditto for me.

I will point out to the powers that be that on the traditional homes there were add ons for exteriors which changed the colors of the homes. I see this request to keep this feature as no different. If it's allowed to have various colors on the traditional models, it's certainly more in character with a Victorian home to be brightly painted.

I do hope that LL takes our opinions on this request to heart. Perhaps there might be a happy medium that can be reached to satisfy both LL and residents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

They already zapped my home... 🤬

In the photos I shared, I find the purple ones a bit much, so maybe they were not the best ones to share. I wanted to be sure to find some painted lady victorians that were NOT from San Francisco to show that this is a thing for Victorians round the world.

I would think you could enforce this with a easy rule that the 'color' can only be from the 'bottom third' of the picker - that means less 'saturation', giving more faded colors that don't "blast" people's screens.

If you were using an HSL enter the values picker... that would mean an 'S' maybe under 40 or 35 or so... Folks can try that out here to see what I mean:

https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

In the enter color box, try: hsl(140, 40%, 70%)
- and then mess with it from there. That's muted colors, so neighbors don't have a freak out. You could actually script that - to have any saturation above 'X' set to 'X' before accepting the value. I picked '40' out of a hat... You can see the photos I posted ALL likely have stronger 'S' (saturation)... but then they also have real life human city inspectors passing by and saying "yes/no"... I'm just recommended the low saturation so that no one has to be an inspector...

That said... somebody DID inspect my home last night and zap it... 🙁

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Ditto for me.

I will point out to the powers that be that on the traditional homes there were add ons for exteriors which changed the colors of the homes. I see this request to keep this feature as no different. If it's allowed to have various colors on the traditional models, it's certainly more in character with a Victorian home to be brightly painted.

I do hope that LL takes our opinions on this request to heart. Perhaps there might be a happy medium that can be reached to satisfy both LL and residents.

I have the exterior paint shells for a Traditional Colonial  and I'm thinking 3 types from 3 different makers.  For me, next door neighbors already had the default exterior colors I liked on each side of me (Just like my Verne!).  for my Traditional,  I set a paint shell around the house, dropped a Linden siding texture on it, color tinted it and had a lovely mocha brown siding that still matched & blended in with the neighborhood.   If we're not changing exterior textures but simply tinting, I hope that becomes the approved happy medium.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

LL have done something in Bridesmere (coastal region). For the longest time, it showed 2 or 3 homes with names and the rest "Linden Home". Suddenly, all parcels is taken. This must have been a release with some technical issues in?

Noticed that too

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh shucks. Twice the same home I don't want. I think I see a coastal region filling up, but false alarm. I hate when it happens. It should be a 24 hours lock for the same parcel too.

I got one in Lockwood, but haven't dared to try again as to not recatch it, but I watched one person catch it, abandon it, and then get a home in Bridesmere. I really would like to know how this system works lol

Edited by AlexusAbrianna

3 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

They already zapped my home... 🤬

In the photos I shared, I find the purple ones a bit much, so maybe they were not the best ones to share. I wanted to be sure to find some painted lady victorians that were NOT from San Francisco to show that this is a thing for Victorians round the world.

I would think you could enforce this with a easy rule that the 'color' can only be from the 'bottom third' of the picker - that means less 'saturation', giving more faded colors that don't "blast" people's screens.

If you were using an HSL enter the values picker... that would mean an 'S' maybe under 40 or 35 or so... Folks can try that out here to see what I mean:

https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp

In the enter color box, try: hsl(140, 40%, 70%)
- and then mess with it from there. That's muted colors, so neighbors don't have a freak out. You could actually script that - to have any saturation above 'X' set to 'X' before accepting the value. I picked '40' out of a hat... You can see the photos I posted ALL likely have stronger 'S' (saturation)... but then they also have real life human city inspectors passing by and saying "yes/no"... I'm just recommended the low saturation so that no one has to be an inspector...

That said... somebody DID inspect my home last night and zap it... 🙁

Well, it was great to see what you did with it and what was possible, and I appreciate you showing us your Painted Lady.  Kind of thankful I have photos of mine although it was really just a one slight blue tint over their White siding texture for more of a coastal feel & not so bright.  My Verne has sand and Ocean in the back, grass & lake in the front.  I did test 1st ,and simply by re-rez-ing the same model from the mailbox, it reset everything back to defaults.  In the bigger picture, it's just like having a Home owner's association, and hopeful we can petition this be allowed. 

47 minutes ago, Dora Paule said:

Well for the MOST part they are going alphabetically so that is a big hint.  They still seem to be doing that in general (but not on the houseboats- just the Victorians).   And typically if it is a NEW release you will see lots of other green dots in that sim.  Most of the sims that I have visited that are filled are still empty of furnishings. And of course if you see a bunch of folks standing in the street because the just rerolled --- well likely a new release :D.

Good luck guys. 

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well for the MOST part they are going alphabetically so that is a big hint.  They still seem to be doing that in general (but not on the houseboats- just the Victorians).   And typically if it is a NEW release you will see lots of other green dots in that sim.  Most of the sims that I have visited that are filled are still empty of furnishings. And of course if you see a bunch of folks standing in the street because the just rerolled --- well likely a new release :D.

Good luck guys. 

Today from my memory i've seen them release Mallory, Bridesmere, and Red Hook in that order (other regions too but i can't keep up lol). Surely not releasing in alphabetical order right now

• Haha 1

People are tossing back some pretty nice traditionals.

Alt that I have been planning to set back to basic in January just snagged this:

I could put a boat out front, and an invisible prim under it at a slanted angle, so that when I sat in the boat it would fall into the water... and off I'd go...

Only flaw is no direct roadside... but that's minor as you can drive to the road without obstruction.

WaterTrad_002.jpg

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.