What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I expect they're doing it in hope that you'll IM them and start a conversation, and then they'll say something like "There could be more for you, if you do... (insert their particular kink here)". 

WHAT??? IF I JUST DO WHAT????

Inquiring minds (and overstretched pocketbooks) want to know!

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If any of them ever send me any money (which they probably won't, if they read my profile), I'll try it, and let you know.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

I expect they're doing it in hope that you'll IM them and start a conversation, and then they'll say something like "There could be more for you, if you do... (insert their particular kink here)". 

A guy I just met and was hanging out with sent me L$1,000 out of the blue. Plus a bad taste outfit. It lasted a few days before he wanted most of my time so I resigned the job and returned his money.

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

Yep, this must be it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Loiter at a popular fruit named clothing store and you just might find out! I had  lindens dropped on me twice there in the past 6 months or so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Because it's for my benefit, not theirs. I suspect this purview is true for everyone else, whether they admit it or not.

I do it because it makes some people unreasonably angry, and others confused when I do say something slightly critical of LL. 😜

"I can't be bothered to listen to you explaining why X is doing Y and how I can prevent it from happening in the future. Just tell me exactly what I need to do to fix it, then I'll come back to you when it happens again next Tuesday, then the following Thursday, and every week or so thereafter, and ask you for the exact same fix again."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Number one for me is shops that don't update their LMs on the MP. Or that don't even update their MP if they don't have an in-world store anymore. For individual listings, if there are many, it's understandable, but not for "In-world store".

You shouldn't have to check your map and "about" every time you first TP to a store to see if you are landing in a private residence or a weird place instead. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BraveHot said:

Number one for me is shops that don't update their LMs on the MP. Or that don't even update their MP if they don't have an in-world store anymore. For individual listings, if there are many, it's understandable, but not for "In-world store".

You shouldn't have to check your map and "about" every time you first TP to a store to see if you are landing in a private residence or a weird place instead. :)

Or like I did once. Fall thousands of feet into a dingy pond on a Gor sim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Or like I did once. Fall thousands of feet into a dingy pond on a Gor sim.

Yeah, it's a long way down to the bottom in every sense. But a dingy pond is definitely the best place you could have ended up in there. It would have the most evolved life in the vicinity. 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Another peeve mentioned by my man. Sometimes when he DJs from our RL bar into a SL club and mentions it on the mic, we would see some people look at their phones --- maybe looking an app for SL.  He then says "This is for your desktop or laptop, not the phone."

A recent blog post mentioned that a mobile app beta will be coming soon.

Recent peeve, that I experiance with my male alt: Shops only writing "Signature" on their product or in the descripiton, leaving me guessing if they mean only Gianni or Geralt or both. Its like stores are unable to grasp the fact, that both bodies are significantly different from each other or that there are even two male bodies from that brand. As someone using the Geralt body it annoys me especially, because it is already not that easy to find good clothes and I feel like stores ignoring this body existance by promoting the image that there is "just one signature body" ain't helping making that any better in the future.

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Recent peeve, that I experiance with my male alt: Shops only writing "Signature" on their product or in the descripiton, leaving me guessing if they mean only Gianni or Geralt or both. Its like stores are unable to grasp the fact, that both bodies are significantly different from each other or that there are even two male bodies from that brand. As someone using the Geralt body it annoys me especially, because it is already not that easy to find good clothes and I feel like stores ignoring this body existance by promoting the image that there is "just one signature body" ain't helping making that any better in the future.

On that pet peeve, when companies don't put what the item is rigged for. I get we still have demos that we can try out, but still it is kinda annoying to have to use the Demo as a way to determine if we want to try out the outfit or not. No matter how nice the outfit is, please put on your ad what bodies the outfit or whatever is rigged for. That and when unrigged items do not have a demo option. Basically it may look nice on the avatar that is trying to sell it, but it may not look nice on me the consumer.

Edited by halebore Aeon

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

Not really a peeve, but it cracks me up when someone asks a question and then puts a disclaimer for the types of responses they want.

Uh-uh boo boo, it’s the internet. It’s gonna go where it’s gonna go.

"It's like saying to the school bully, 'I'll wet myself if you tickle me.'"

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.