Jump to content

What are some of your pet peeves?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I concur with this greatly - a LOT of SL feels (if not actually) very cliquish. especially a lot of the club venues and, to a generally lesser extent, most role-play venues and regions. I think the Bellisseria communities are the first where I can drop-in and actually feel welcomed. Kudos to Patch and Moles for creating a very successful experiment with the 2019 LL Homes because it's working, even for basic (non-premium) residents as they are all welcomed with open arms, too.

Every roleplay community and club I went to, you just kinda know who stood with who. I remember this one roleplay community, that was so cliquey. That everyone within this clique, would practically kiss the backside of management and owners, it felt like they got away with a lot more than the ones who kept to themselves and just did their own things. Like heck, you see this on most community sims, and they all kinda roleplay within their own circles. This was created for people who want to socialize interact and have fun with others. Why does it feel so much like I am back in school? I have never really been to Bellissaria, so I don't know how the community aspect is. But hopefully when I do go there, I feel welcomed and like a belong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh I just have one pet peeve. I really can't stand people who are annoyed by either of the following: empty profiles, 'unreadable' fonts, unmatching body parts, flexi prims, AO-less avis, jazz hands,

DJs/hosts teleport inviting their "friends"

I'm not apportioning blame for what's been going on in this forum recently, because that's one thing that appears to start a thread on its downward spiral. Like many of us here - I am absolutely

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I have never really been to Bellissaria, so I don't know how the community aspect is. But hopefully when I do go there, I feel welcomed and like a belong.

There are events every weekend and some throughout the week. This past Saturday at the fairgrounds (LL-managed public region the is "leased" to residents to create events) there was a big party that also included a drag-racing set-up long with the requisite DJ and dancing. I just dropped in, was instantly welcomed by name and wandered about. Then went over to the race track and had my go of it (it was actually a lot of fun). I didn't know anyone there except for @Matty Luminos - and it was a lot of fun to watch how peoples' favorite vehicles did on the track.

Then Sunday I saw a bunch of green dots on the map and TP's in. Again, instant welcomes by name (even though I was wearing my new Chibi Noodle avatar) - though I rarely do the club-dancing thing I felt very welcome and stayed a lot longer than I often do. The fun thing about Bellisseria is just look at the map, if you see a large stack of green dots: Just TP in, you'll be warmly welcomed with open arms, no matter who you are, where you're from, what you look like. :) I liken it to SL circa 2006. Yes. really.

So, I suppose this comment is an example of an opposite of a pet peeve? LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

There are events every weekend and some throughout the week. This past Saturday at the fairgrounds (LL-managed public region the is "leased" to residents to create events) there was a big party that also included a drag-racing set-up long with the requisite DJ and dancing. I just dropped in, was instantly welcomed by name and wandered about. Then went over to the race track and had my go of it (it was actually a lot of fun). I didn't know anyone there except for @Matty Luminos - and it was a lot of fun to watch how peoples' favorite vehicles did on the track.

Then Sunday I saw a bunch of green dots on the map and TP's in. Again, instant welcomes by name (even though I was wearing my new Chibi Noodle avatar) - though I rarely do the club-dancing thing I felt very welcome and stayed a lot longer than I often do. The fun thing about Bellisseria is just look at the map, if you see a large stack of green dots: Just TP in, you'll be warmly welcomed with open arms, no matter who you are, where you're from, what you look like. :) I liken it to SL circa 2006. Yes. really.

So, I suppose this comment is an example of an opposite of a pet peeve? LOL

I think it stems down to when you create a community, do you give the residents living there a bit more say or not. The residents who have a bit more say in their community, will most likely be the ones that are more welcoming and a bit more warm. But this is what I see in a lot of communities where all this is created by the management staff and owners, it just feels unlinked and disconnected from it's core principle. So yeah, I may have to give it a look some day. :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This is more of a rant than a pet peeve but ..

Skirts that cover more above the waist than below.  So many have these tall empire waists but leave my coochee out in the wind.

I never saw a high waisted mini skirt in RL. Only in SL!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This is more of a rant than a pet peeve but ..

Skirts that cover more above the waist than below.  So many have these tall empire waists but leave my coochee out in the wind.

 

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I never saw a high waisted mini skirt in RL. Only in SL!!!!

But, but... the breeze. And butt! ~snorts~

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I never saw a high waisted mini skirt in RL. Only in SL!!!!

I have, but they've always got braces. You find them in those vintage/retro style places.

I've never seen one that's as short as the SL versions, though. I'm pretty sure that if the only thing it covers is your waist, it's a belt?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A pet hate of mine is people that cry "you're just entitled!" in response to any complaint or query, regardless of the validity of said complaint. "I can't wait for this thing to be released!" is not entitlement, nor is "has anyone else had a problem with the rigging on this size?". Entitlement does exist of course; but crying wolf about it is simply infuriating and needlessly aggressive.

And with massive overlap to that; people that can't tell the difference between a business and a charity. A for-profit business does not need your "support". It offers a service or goods in exchange for a price; if you like what's on offer then pay for it, if you don't, don't. That's it, it's a simple transaction. Lying to yourself about how you're a good person for supporting Linden Lab and/or creators is just jerking off your own ego.

If you combine the two and to become one of those "the creator can do no wrong" cheerleaders... the men in white coats will be with you shortly, don't you worry.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

 

But, but... the breeze. And butt! ~snorts~

Coochee Coo!

That's why I don't get on well with SL skirts, they just don't suit me at all. I have one or two but I've deleted so many more that were bulky, unflattering, and badly fitted. 

Shorts over skirts for me here, but dresses and Jean's always first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Lying to yourself about how you're a good person for supporting Linden Lab and/or creators is just jerking off your own ego.

Oh so much THIS. Seriously. I do premium not to support Linden Lab; couldn't care less. I do it because I'm selfish, I want what they're offering for the money. I "support" Linden Lab in a moral sense (their people are just doing their jobs to put food on the table) - but as for throwing money at them? Because it's for my benefit, not theirs. I suspect this purview is true for everyone else, whether they admit it or not.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and another peeve, almost worthy of it's own thread. Being offered money (unsolicited first contact) to hang out with a guy.

My personal best offer was L$5,000, which I refused. Any advance???

Edited by BelindaN
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BelindaN said:

Coochee Coo!

That's why I don't get on well with SL skirts, they just don't suit me at all. I have one or two but I've deleted so many more that were bulky, unflattering, and badly fitted. 

Shorts over skirts for me here, but dresses and Jean's always first.

I just prefer not to look like a trollop, which almost all of those do. I kind of shake my head and laugh quietly when I see the way so many others are dressed... at public events and whatnot and silently say to myself "I'd like to see you actually wearing that stuff, even in private."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BelindaN said:

Oh and another peeve, almost worthy of it's own thread. Being offered money (unsolicited first contact) to hang out with a guy.

My personal best offer was L$5,000, which I refused. Any advance???

Unless they explicitly said it was for a proverbial roll in the hay, I would've taken it. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Oh and another peeve, almost worthy of it's own thread. Being offered money (unsolicited first contact) to hang out with a guy.

My personal best offer was L$5,000, which I refused. Any advance???

I want to know where you people hang out at! I want to get offered this! 😂 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Shorts over skirts for me here, but dresses and Jean's always first.

I love dresses over trousers. My mother used to tell me I looked stupid until I brought home a Muslim friend who was wearing a beautiful shalwar kameez. She thought it was a nice look after that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Oh and another peeve, almost worthy of it's own thread. Being offered money (unsolicited first contact) to hang out with a guy.

My personal best offer was L$5,000, which I refused. Any advance???

I don't get what kind of guy would do this kind of thing with someone they've just met.But sure, give me your money, and as soon as you find out I'm a complete jerk and leave, I'm off to spend it on steampunk goggles and plague doctor masks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

I want to know where you people hang out at! I want to get offered this! 😂 

It’s happened to me twice while I was shopping, pretty popular stores too. Couple more times that were totally dubious, also while shopping.

They’re sugar daddies. They do exist in SL, people that post looking for them probably ran into one or heard about them. They are real.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is tangentially related and not a peeve, but what’s up with the people, always male avatars, that just randomly send lindens without saying anything before or after. If it’s a lot, I hightail it out of there in case they realize they made a mistake. 😀  

*of course I would give it back if they clicked me instead of a vendor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Oh so much THIS. Seriously. I do premium not to support Linden Lab; couldn't care less. I do it because I'm selfish, I want what they're offering for the money. I "support" Linden Lab in a moral sense (their people are just doing their jobs to put food on the table) - but as for throwing money at them? Because it's for my benefit, not theirs. I suspect this purview is true for everyone else, whether they admit it or not.

This is true for me too. I have 2 premium accounts and the only reason I have them is because I cannot rent 2048m2 for less than it is costing me in premium fees. Even the purchase price was not much more than L$1 per sq m. It's just an ordinary inland parcel in Jeogeot, with a slope that's hard to build on, but the neighbouring land is mostly abandoned and I doubt that it will sell any time soon. I certainly wouldn't pay for Premium if I didn't get that value in return.

Maybe I'll save up for something with water access someday, but for now I'm happy with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

This is tangentially related and not a peeve, but what’s up with the people, always male avatars, that just randomly send lindens without saying anything before or after. If it’s a lot, I hightail it out of there in case they realize they made a mistake. 😀  

*of course I would give it back if they clicked me instead of a vendor.

I expect they're doing it in hope that you'll IM them and start a conversation, and then they'll say something like "There could be more for you, if you do... (insert their particular kink here)". 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...