What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Great minds think a like, I guess. Lol

Common sense is not common; there is intellect, cognizance, and wisdom. And then there is the rest. This is why Thanos had the right idea with the snapping-of-fingers bit in that (way overlong, cash-grab) movie. He was my hero. Maybe I'll buy part one but not part two so the story ends on a high note.

Edited by Alyona Su

Peeves Include : all those  male, white, cis, skinny, 56, Euro - english mongrel and proud, BSc, so called DJ, Pride, open, surprisingly surprised, willing to mute.

Harrumph. Fires my peeve even under my World.

Also I wake up with it so thats a plus peeve. Am I doing this right yet?

3 hours ago, Magnek Fang said:

New peeve: LL comes out with a new shiny, and your viewer of choice is taking FOREVER. I wanna play with BoM!

Would you prefer they take the time to get it right the first time or would you prefer they rush it so they have to deploy who knows how many fixes over who knows how much time? 

I'd prefer they take the time to do it right.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Magnek Fang said:

New peeve: LL comes out with a new shiny, and your viewer of choice is taking FOREVER. I wanna play with BoM!

Because it's all about you, right? If you want to play with it so badly then use the viewer that supports it.

//pet peeve: greater-than-thou entitlement-attitude types (and snowflakes).

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:
17 hours ago, Magnek Fang said:

Because it's all about you, right? If you want to play with it so badly then use the viewer that supports it.

//pet peeve: greater-than-thou entitlement-attitude types (and snowflakes).

Or, if you are referring to Firestorm, go grab the source and compile it yourself.

7 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Same here, my dad told me to tell it how it is. His words. I have no idea why I added the Mortal Kombat Finish at the beginning though. Lol

In Yorkshire, we talk straight but with good humour. We laugh a lot, even when maybe we shouldn't. 

You know what's rapidly becoming a big pet peeve of mine? Sim visitor limits. I've been trying to get into this stupid event to see it for the past 4 hours on and off, and no, it's full EVERY TIME I TRY AND TELEPORT. It's 2019, can we increase the limit? Ugh. Or at least have a thing that says FULL on the damn search results or the map itself.

Edited by Kai Lyvingstone

17 hours ago, Kai Lyvingstone said:

You know what's rapidly becoming a big pet peeve of mine? Sim visitor limits. I've been trying to get into this stupid event to see it for the past 4 hours on and off, and no, it's full EVERY TIME I TRY AND TELEPORT. It's 2019, can we increase the limit? Ugh. Or at least have a thing that says FULL on the damn search results or the map itself.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Get-Me-In-HUD-Teleporter-Hammer/7577257 You're welcome.

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I think that with a lot of people, when it comes to big shopping events. That it's one of two things, either they are lagging horribly. Which turns into a two hour experience, just to grab and go. Or these are the people I can't stand, the ones who stand around at an event and chit chat and socialize. Usually grabbing demos and trying them on at the event. I get you want to talk about the latest gossip and really look at everything and try it on, but please be considerate of others who want to go in there. We would like some time to look around. That is why I use resources such as Seraphim, or watch Facebook. To know what I want to get, before I even get there. So I am in and out, and grab stuff I know I like, and will fit both my style and my bodies.

• Like 2

I think my biggest thing, is how SL is practically like High school. It's very cliquey, if you are not like the popular crowd you are made fun of and the bullying and the judgement upon others is absolutely ridiculous. How old are these people? Are they teens with raging hormones? Or adults, who just really don't give two flying fbombs about other people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think that with a lot of people, when it comes to big shopping events. That it's one of two things, either they are lagging horribly. Which turns into a two hour experience, just to grab and go. Or these are the people I can't stand, the ones who stand around at an event and chit chat and socialize. Usually grabbing demos and trying them on at the event. I get you want to talk about the latest gossip and really look at everything and try it on, but please be considerate of others who want to go in there. We would like some time to look around. That is why I use resources such as Seraphim, or watch Facebook. To know what I want to get, before I even get there. So I am in and out, and grab stuff I know I like, and will fit both my style and my bodies.

The first quote you replied too is not what I said, but rather the quote my reply was to (the second quote of me is accurate) :) I know: forums glitch, it's happened to me before also. As for standing around: I do that because I will get out of the way of the landing spot (why region managers don't set landing hubs is beyond me) and then I just cam through the entire event. :)

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think my biggest thing, is how SL is practically like High school. It's very cliquey, if you are not like the popular crowd you are made fun of and the bullying and the judgement upon others is absolutely ridiculous. How old are these people? Are they teens with raging hormones? Or adults, who just really don't give two flying fbombs about other people.

I concur with this greatly - a LOT of SL feels (if not actually) very cliquish. especially a lot of the club venues and, to a generally lesser extent, most role-play venues and regions. I think the Bellisseria communities are the first where I can drop-in and actually feel welcomed. Kudos to Patch and Moles for creating a very successful experiment with the 2019 LL Homes because it's working, even for basic (non-premium) residents as they are all welcomed with open arms, too.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.