SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

7 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well, I guess that settles it.  Second Life is not a game after all.  Second Life is just the software platform for the REAL game, COMPLAINING about Second Life.

Don't forget about the fun available complaining about other people complaining! I'm not going to complain about that or we'll get caught in some sort of self referencing loop and Patch may choke on his popcorn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My mainland parcel region has been uplifted for a couple of weeks now, and has had no problems, but it's lightly loaded,  I know of a heavily (over-)loaded region and the performance improvement there once uplifted was noticeable

Edited by LoganPryor
typos
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think it's nuts awesome that people are already filling a thread with complaints when the regions aren't even available to be seen yet! 

I think this will be my last word about this.

Discussions is not the same as complaints in the dictionary I have in my head. I am an adult, I have an income and bills to pay. SL is a part of my entertainment budget. I have been in SL for so long that I think I am allowed to have opinions. I never forget that SL is a business, and not created to please us out of some idealistic view of the world.

I can use SL as a Basic resident. SL would prefer me to buy into Premium, since that is a safe income for them. Long term payments are always a benefit. To do this, they need to make me an offer. Look here, what you get for Premium! I then evaluate the offer, look at pros and cons, before I decide to accept or reject.

I have absolutely no belief in that I can negotiate anything about Stilt homes. The layout is made, I can only accept them or reject them. I am in the process of evaluating when I see how it is forming.

Tomorrow, one of my alts Premium expire. So I have looked at the map, and landed on "Give me a month to try them out". Mostly because I have to look at the regions when they open, and not just a map.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Thanks!  It's so close to houses.  Has one of those auto-tp thingies in it, though.  TP's to Campwich, but still.

Veering off-topic, but is there any way to prevent forced TP's like this?  I suppose the answer is "NO", else someone would have come out with a Cloak of Orb-Overriding by now.

Three green dots in various locations 6:46 SLT

Currently only one green dot spotted in Stiltland. (6:25am SLT). Fingers crossed for absolutely nothing to happen for the next 90 minutes as I'll shortly have a kitchenful of groceries to 'disinfect' and put away...

ADDENDUM: FIVE (5) bags of carrots! [insert facepalm emoji here]

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3

I don't think the Stilt build changed any between yesterday and today.  However, the two private regions to the north of the farthest tip of Stilt houseboats (Sacred Heart and Game Land) are invalid locations today, tho still visible.  Seems possible that more building in that area will be done soon.  Looking at the tile blocks they're using, looks like a #2 could drop in there quite nicely :)

I see only 3 green dots scattered around the Stilts.

If the empty regions between the two Stilt zones are intended to be open water, it's possible that they could release the Stilts without filling those in.  Perhaps there is still some limitation on how many regions can be added at this time?

Another watching party has formed in Faraday, but I don't personally believe LL's finished adding regions.

Abandons continue, but seem to be slowing down for the moment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No release today either (from Belli Citizens chat):

[09:56] Patch Linden: Nope, see, it doesn't work - sorry no stilt homes today™
[10:26] Patch Linden: So really, here's the deal.
[10:26] Patch Linden: They have shown up on the map, just like any other release we've done.
[10:27] Patch Linden: It takes time to QA walk every one of those regions, in-person to find and correct any last minute things that need to be tidied up.
[10:27] Patch Linden: How many days have they been there?
[10:27] Patch Linden: We're on regions #15
[10:28] Patch Linden: 1 -5, fifteen
[10:28] Patch Linden: Of how many regions?
[10:28] Patch Linden: So yah, it's gonna be a bit longer, we have to get through this process of checking them all out.
[10:29] Patch Linden: And we're not totally in the clear with uplift still
[10:30] Patch Linden: We'll get them out there, I know this is fun.... but that button is still hair too far out of reach ;)
[10:30] Patch Linden: In the mean time, don't forget the demo region is still open, and I'll leave it open a bit longer

Edited by Claire Atheria
Posted too early
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 14

5 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

starting to get the red border, what does it mean?

mapas_001.jpg.30e19ff21bec53ce7be3f25412f6cfd0.jpg

oooooh - exciting. Change of colour usually means a certain stage is completed. Patch talked about QA doing checks on regions so may be something to do with that. I'm sure somewhere in the gazzillion posts someone has noted down something about the order of colours (I don't know where, but I'm sure I've read something like that). I've never taken note of which colour is nearest to release though. All I know is that there is red, yellow, blue (probably more too).

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

• Moles
8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Mostly because I have to look at the regions when they open, and not just a map.

I always recommend not reading too much into the map. Things will always look and feel very differently at ground level when viewed from in world scale and perspective, and that is really what matters most. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I always recommend not reading too much into the map. Things will always look and feel very differently at ground level when viewed from in world scale and perspective, and that is really what matters most. 

Agreed. So for those that have not yet seen the preview, missed their chance when the preview region was up, or those that wish to refresh their memories, hop on over to the recently reopened http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Enchant/77/90/23 and check it out while you can so that you can form an informed opinion on the stilt homes BEFORE release day!

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am finding this fascinating, as I've done software QA.  It's amazing that in the case of Second Life, you're not just figuratively looking in every nook and cranny, but literally as well, walking around inside the software with an avatar.  I never would have dreamed of this in high school back in the day, when writing programs in BASIC for the Apple II was the cutting edge of code.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
me hate typ0s
  • Like 6