SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

6 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

But they did release the Traditional regions that way, at least after the first big release and I liked the time a lot when we were looking foreward to several releases per week and watching them grow.

Yes but there were many, many complaints during that time from people who were getting shut out from the smaller releases. I realize you enjoyed it, I am just saying there were many more who did NOT, based on the too-many-to-count posts in this forum about it during that time.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If they release one or two regions at a time, there will be a stampede with many people not getting homes, and much more complaining. If they wait and have a big release all at once, more people get homes at the same time. If I were them, I'd wait. 

^^This

The log homes release lasted weeks - if you got a location you didn't like you could abandon and try again. With a restricted release you could abandon and end up homeless.

• Like 6

• Moles
20 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

But they did release the Traditional regions that way, at least after the first big release and I liked the time a lot when we were looking foreward to several releases per week and watching them grow.

We have learned a lot about efficiency and quality assurance since the Traditionals were released. The current approach -- creating a large mass of regions to seed a new theme and then filling in the transition zones around it -- is a better use of creative time and makes many more new homes available at once than releasing a few regions at a time. No matter which way we do it, the final step before opening the doors is to do detailed QA. A careful sweep, as soon as new regions are in place and before residents start flying across and adding their own content, is the best way to guarantee that all our work is up to project specs. It saves a lot of disappointment and user complaints later.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 16

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

They seem determined first to finish and doublecheck them ALL and then release them ALL in one big bunch. What is the advantage of THAT?

Why not release say one or two of them every day? That would keep us happy. Instead of keeping us waitin endless days without even being able to cam in.

They always use that approach for a new theme.  And it has seemed to work best to keeps things available around the clock for at least a couple of days.  They only drop back to the 'region or two' at a time after the major release has happened.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LoganPryor said:

^^This

The log homes release lasted weeks - if you got a location you didn't like you could abandon and try again. With a restricted release you could abandon and end up homeless.

Yep. I agree that it's better to do a bigger release, it gives more of a chance for residents to grab a home and not be frustrated with not being able to get one straight away. I'm very happy they are going this way.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dyna Mole said:

creating a large mass of regions to seed a new theme and then filling in the transition zones around it

So, if the empty middle of StiltHaven (StiltLand?  no, StiltHaven sounds better!) is a 'transition zone' that will be filled in later, I wonder if, when they DO open the Stilts, there will be two access regions.  One connecting to, say, Blackchapel ... and another one connected to the other half, at, say, Really Wet?  The two halves are connected waaaaayyyyy up north at Mellow Submarine, but it might be convenient to have two ports of access from LogLand.

That would explain the little dogleg of water regions extending down toward Blini and Whitehall.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

They seem determined first to finish and doublecheck them ALL and then release them ALL in one big bunch. What is the advantage of THAT?

Why not release say one or two of them every day? That would keep us happy. Instead of keeping us waitin endless days without even being able to cam in.

A secondary benefit of this approach, though probably not a mole consideration, is that it makes it much harder for mega-multiple account holders to dominate new regions.
Imagine if an open coastal region were released, and a Sally Bigbucks with her many pcs and fast net connection, grabbed all the beach properties, then repeated the process for every further release.
Unless Ms Bucks recruits staff, and sells her shares in the hand sanitiser company to fund the operation, she'll struggle to collect *all* the best homes for the initial release at least.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

A secondary benefit of this approach, though probably not a mole consideration, is that it makes it much harder for mega-multiple account holders to dominate new regions.
Imagine if an open coastal region were released, and a Sally Bigbucks with her many pcs and fast net connection, grabbed all the beach properties, then repeated the process for every further release.
Unless Ms Bucks recruits staff, and sells her shares in the hand sanitiser company to fund the operation, she'll struggle to collect *all* the best homes for the initial release at least.

I hope for one big release that  lasts days or weeks like with the loghomes  ,so then everyone in all timezones have chance to grab something they like .

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You convinced me!! A big release is the best thing! :)

But when do you estimate it to happen?

There are not many regions with a red frame yet - and most mass releases happened on a Monday - so next Monday id my guess.

im perfectly willing to wait a bit longer ,and who knows   .we might be surprised when the actual release comes  ,i seem to recall the very first release of trads and boats were on a tuesday ?  correct me if i'm wrong 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

im perfectly willing to wait a bit longer ,and who knows   .we might be surprised when the actual release comes  ,i seem to recall the very first release of trads and boats were on a tuesday ?  correct me if i'm wrong 

I hope its not during my work hours... still two weeks before I'm sceduled for home office again.

• Like 2

As of 3.12am SLT today there are roughly 42 regions in a red square. If all of regions in orange have to turn red its going to take some time. 

red.thumb.PNG.2de1e6945404f6c1637ea805ee8cc278.PNG

The railway line has been extended on the log homes continent. I have highlighted the new line in green below. This part of the track is not open yet. 

green.thumb.PNG.bf4d65db882d17506895e55c47aeb84b.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

We have learned a lot about efficiency and quality assurance since the Traditionals were released. The current approach -- creating a large mass of regions to seed a new theme and then filling in the transition zones around it -- is a better use of creative time and makes many more new homes available at once than releasing a few regions at a time

makes sense for the reasons you mention to go with big batches now that there are lots of homes on the grid

i did agree tho that in the beginning it also made sense to release in smaller batches to help meet the pent up demand at that time

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Daniel Voyager do you know if we can use these railway lines? I am a little confused about how complete they are.

The Moles are still laying new sections of the track every day or so. I don't think its open for public use at the moment. It's still got a long way to go until the log homes railway is completely finished (towards the east coast then up north)

The train track is open where the trailers/campers/victorian homes are including the west side of the log homes continent. There are many stations along the way and rez points. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Atina0 said:

If I remember correctly, the very first release date was April 15, 2019, which was a Monday. (At least in LL's part of the world, maybe it was Tuesday somewhere!)

• Like 4

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If I remember correctly, the very first release date was April 15, 2019, which was a Monday. (At least in LL's part of the world, maybe it was Tuesday somewhere!)

since i'm from Europe it was tuesday for me  ,i very well remember the exitement of the release 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yes- I remember that too, because I snagged my first house in Graff just about a week after that

• Like 2

Looks to me like LL added 17 more Stilt regions and 4 more boat regions overnight.  Outlined in light blue.  Agua Fresca and the odd-looking region above Fintastic are what's left of the 2 private regions LL moved out of the way; map hasn't totally updated, I imagine.

1610324828_NewStilts.thumb.JPG.d89bebe4dc8ddb8d5e4adfbc30508b71.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

34 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Looks to me like LL added 17 more Stilt regions and 4 more boat regions overnight.  Outlined in light blue.  Agua Fresca and the odd-looking region above Fintastic are what's left of the 2 private regions LL moved out of the way; map hasn't totally updated, I imagine.

1610324828_NewStilts.thumb.JPG.d89bebe4dc8ddb8d5e4adfbc30508b71.JPG

Do we know how many Stilt regions have been added so far ? 

• Like 1