SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

OTOH, I don't believe there has been any indication from Patch that "soon" is approaching.  Were the release to be targeted for M-W of this upcoming week, i would have expected some sort of mention by now.

513480773_Stiltssoon.JPG.cafd001e772d6e43441768c64de879fc.JPG

Ermmm, OK lol, message received!

Interestingly, on my viewer SOON does not appear, no matter how much I zoom in and out.  This snip is from the Shergood Aviation map.

Also interesting, on the inworld map, the 2 private regions off to the right (there were 3 a bit ago) show as "loading".

/me calls her avatar.

"Nika?  No hopping on Sunday! And get Flycan ready to scout, he's much better at it than you are!  What's that?  You want to explore the stilts?  Okies, get your complexity below 10K like his, get your inventory down to below 10K items, dump your groups and friends, and we'll talk!"  *click*

Actually, I'm kinda hoping they don't release on Monday, that morning I have a RL plumber coming.

*ring ring*

"Nika, what is it???  I should reschedule the plumber?  A RL plumber?  HAH!"

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Interestingly, on my viewer SOON does not appear, no matter how much I zoom in and out.  This snip is from the Shergood Aviation map.

Also interesting, on the inworld map, the 2 private regions off to the right (there were 3 a bit ago) show as "loading".

/me calls her avatar.

"Nika?  No hopping on Sunday! And get Flycan ready to scout, he's much better at it than you are!  What's that?  You want to explore the stilts?  Okies, get your complexity below 10K like his, get your inventory down to below 10K items, dump your groups and friends, and we'll talk!"  *click*

Actually, I'm kinda hoping they don't release on Monday, that morning I have a RL plumber coming.

*ring ring*

The random regions there appear as "loading" because they are no longer there. They've been moved.

I also can't see the "SOON", but can see the "Hi".

36 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

/me calls her avatar.

*ring ring*

If you use the map in browser all the zones are red, save the hb regions, and the soon shows.

• Thanks 1

All this empty area between the 2 large sections leave me to believe they will eventually be filled in with more Stilt homes and/or more Houseboats.  Otherwise, why not make them water regions also?  The ones marked with a red dot are water regions, whereas the other 'blue' areas are currently voids.

image.thumb.png.3d49b59d38c03d3fb53dc6a918ec4b7c.png

• Like 3

Yes, that odd one is just a leftover image from when LL moved 3 private regions out of the way to build the 2nd set of 17 stilts + 4 houseboats.  That's why I keep mentioning the 3 out to the side that have been either moved or deleted in the last couple of days.  Will LL build more StiltHaven there tomorrow or Monday morning?

3786592_Stiltmoving.thumb.JPG.4784141549f1b90575c166cbbdf68331.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

*ring ring*

I feel you, I have to work all day Sunday, and on Monday. When a new game releases, it's nice because you know the exact day and can plan accordingly. Unfortunately it's hard to plan around this. If you cancel plumber and stilts doesn't come out, you will have no house and no water :(  I am hoping for at least a 24/48 hour notice before they come out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

[Moles and Lindens look away now!]

When waiting for the first sign of the Stilts' release inworld, I suggest the region to track is Abaft as it's the first in alphabetical order. The first Vic region released was Abrus (I nabbed the second Vic released there), and the first Log region released was Abrin. While the Log regions, unlike the initial release of the Vics, weren't released in alphabetical order, I think the selection of test regions is likely to remain the same.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All this empty area between the 2 large sections leave me to believe they will eventually be filled in with more Stilt homes and/or more Houseboats.  Otherwise, why not make them water regions also?  The ones marked with a red dot are water regions, whereas the other 'blue' areas are currently voids.

image.thumb.png.3d49b59d38c03d3fb53dc6a918ec4b7c.png

Could be sandy campers also?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

[Moles and Lindens look away now!]

When waiting for the first sign of the Stilts' release inworld, I suggest the region to track is Abaft as it's the first in alphabetical order. The first Vic region released was Abrus (I nabbed the second Vic released there), and the first Log region released was Abrin. While the Log regions, unlike the initial release of the Vics, weren't released in alphabetical order, I think the selection of test regions is likely to remain the same.

Don't give away all the secrets.  Makes it harder for those of us who want a specific parcel.  

Just now, Matthieu Quander said:

I see.  Encourage everyone to grab the rubbish "a" regions so you have less competition for the others.  Good thinking.  

Hardly. I doubt many people here have interpreted my comments that way. Most of us here are likely to have identified regions or possibly even parcels that we hope to get, but that doesn't prevent some of us from trying to be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Didn't sound like it, but I accept your apology.

It's not the first time that someone has applied the worst possible tone to my typed words, and I'm certain that it won't be the last.  I do apologize if my dry wit borders on Saharan.  Anyway, enough derailing of the thread.  I hope everyone gets a stilt home in a spot they like.  

Unrelated to the stilt homes, when are the remaining SSP log home regions likely to be named and subsequently released?  I'm sure that they are not a high priority, but there are some really nice spots that will eventually be available.   

Edited by Matthieu Quander
Typing is hard.
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Unrelated to the stilt homes, when are the remaining SSP log home regions likely to be named and subsequently released?  I'm sure that they are not a high priority, but there are some really nice spots that will eventually be available.   

We don't really know. I think there have been few log regions released recently (see other threads). Perhaps the ones around the railway line markers won't be done until the railway is done. There's a bunch of regions along the east and south east log land coast which look like they were finished a few weeks ago, and based on what has been said recently by LL about the regions closet to the Stilts being made offline so we can see or get too near till they are done, perhaps these ones won't be released until the next land mass is put in and released next to that. But it's pure speculation:)

Maybe one of the Moles will chime in and comment.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

I find it hard to identify regions I hope to get as we can only look at the map and not inspect the regions direcgtly (like we could on the Pickle island) before they are released. But even then it was VERY hard to get a special parcel on a special region!

Only thing to do is the good old

"Grab what you get, look at it and dump it if you don't like it!"

To highten my chances I have riddened one Premium alt of her home and will make two more Premium for one month - so I can look at 15 homes per 24 hours! ;)

• Like 7
  • Haha 3