SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

3 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I'm not a fan of how tight the log homes are to the new stilts. Why can't they buffer it out with more water. As a fan of open water, it'll be hard to look over and see a giant mountain.

On the other hand, I'd love to see something like my actual bioregion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Coast_Range

• Like 2

• Moles
4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Strange how some of the the homes don't show up on the map, as mentioned in a previous post. I just realised Fiddle Cay isn't showing any homes at all on the map. The entire region 'looks' empty - I'm sure it isn't as the plot shapes can faintly be seen and you can see the homes in the cloned regions. Map sure is quirky:)

Fiddle Cay.JPG

There will be houses there, don't worry!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I see a thing I do not like. They are adding boats around the stilt regions. I can not say I want to have a stilt home and look at a boat. My thought was to try and try again until I got to an edge with sea view. This reduce the number of stilts with sea view. It is great for those who want boats though... Just not so much for me.

stiltboats.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I see a thing I do not like. They are adding boats around the stilt regions. I can not say I want to have a stilt home and look at a boat. My thought was to try and try again until I got to an edge with sea view. This reduce the number of stilts with sea view. It is great for those who want boats though... Just not so much for me.

stiltboats.png

Given the still pretty constant demand for Houseboats though, I fully understand their reasoning in doing so.

• Like 4

Yes, if course LL does what it benefits from. And it has the benefit for me too -  it keeps me cool, not upgrading multiple alts to Premium. I think the feverish search for Linden homes is over for me, I am more lukewarm now.

I need to see the regions for "real" not just squares on a map. When we can teleport there and see the whole of it, not just a preview area, perhaps the temperature is rising. ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

stiltboats.png

Yes, a poorer view for the stilts, for the sake of creating the less popular 'centipede'  style house-boat regions. Raspberry chants to self 'more sailing water, think positive!'.
Oh it's no good, I can't help but think of centipedes covered in horribly textured home builds and misconceived, over sized non thematic add-ons which are then left to rot when the owners butterfly on to something else without tidying up after themselves.

I'll go and download an inspirational poster and do some more chanting.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Yes, a poorer view for the stilts, for the sake of creating the less popular 'centipede'  style house-boat regions. Raspberry chants to self 'more sailing water, think positive!'.
Oh it's no good, I can't help but think of centipedes covered in horribly textured home builds and misconceived, over sized non thematic add-ons which are then left to rot when the owners butterfly on to something else without tidying up after themselves.

I would like to see some water regions spread in between. Just as there are inland lakes and mountains in other parts of Bellisseria. But the edges is not finished. Maybe some places are left without houseboats. Or at least have a water region as buffer between stilts and boats. But the design/layout is already decided. We will have to see how they do it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

stiltboats.png

I'd like to see some of the OL's attached to the main Belli continent, instead of islands out in the middle of the water.  That way you'd have some place to drive your car.  Why is it important to be able to drive a car around?  Aren't these WATER parcels?  Well, as someone who once lived in the Florida panhandle, folks tend to use the areas below the on-land stilt dwellings as parking areas.  For cars.  We'll see how things turn out.  I think I may need two accounts, one for an OL and one for an OW.  They both have their appeal.  And if the moles don't attach some of the OL's to the rest of Belli, then maybe an intercoastal highway, complete with bridges?  Damn, I remember when the wind would whip the waves over both sides of the tiny strip of land leading from Fort Walton into Okaloosa Island -- practically driving in water.  Scary, but cool.  Or maybe it was Destin.  Way too long ago lol

43 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

For the love of God, please don't build massive decks right up to the parcel boundaries so that all the water is covered.  Or worse, cut a tiny hole in it to make a swimming pool in the middle of an ocean.  Oh God, make it stop, make it stop!

• Like 4

Either way, I'm gonna park a mini-houseboat on the water part of my stilt home parcel, then go back to my actual houseboat parcel and build a mini-stilt home over the water, just to confuse people passing by in boats so they'll wonder where they are and have to turn around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, if course LL does what it benefits from. And it has the benefit for me too -  it keeps me cool, not upgrading multiple alts to Premium. I think the feverish search for Linden homes is over for me, I am more lukewarm now.

I need to see the regions for "real" not just squares on a map. When we can teleport there and see the whole of it, not just a preview area, perhaps the temperature is rising. ;)

I’m not sure how much LL cares about resident feedback at this point of the launch, but I completely agree. Why not put a buffer region between houseboats and stilts? There is still a chance to correct this!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I’m not sure how much LL cares about resident feedback at this point of the launch, but I completely agree. Why not put a buffer region between houseboats and stilts? There is still a chance to correct this!

It did float through my mind that they might actually hate us now :D

I think that they have been put in an impossible position with pressures from all directions.
All the design problems come down to one thing, budget.
An open water buffer zone, costs money, reducing the density of houses and therefore lag, would cost money, moving further away from landscape clonification would cost money.
It's frustrating for us, but it must be deathly for those planning this. The compromises will irk, and we are jumping on the irk while probably being completely unaware of background tech issues which will have taken untold mole hours to solve.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

It did float through my mind that they might actually hate us now :D

I think that they have been put in an impossible position with pressures from all directions.
All the design problems come down to one thing, budget.
An open water buffer zone, costs money, reducing the density of houses and therefore lag, would cost money, moving further away from landscape clonification would cost money.
It's frustrating for us, but it must be deathly for those planning this. The compromises will irk, and we are jumping on the irk while probably being completely unaware of background tech issues which will have taken untold mole hours to solve.

I agree, and I think we should all be grateful for what the Moles and Lindens do here, its amazing.  Shall we go back to how it used to be? These are only supposed to be starter homes, all areas have their flaws in some peoples eyes, but really they are so few and far between.  Let it be and just enjoy all the great things that have been achieved and just say thank you.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Tazara Bailey said:

I agree, and I think we should all be grateful for what the Moles and Lindens do here, its amazing.  Shall we go back to how it used to be? These are only supposed to be starter homes, all areas have their flaws in some peoples eyes, but really they are so few and far between.  Let it be and just enjoy all the great things that have been achieved and just say thank you.

to me it seems that the more we get the more we expect   ,that saying i still enjoy the homes i catch and find it amazing to see with how much love and attention they have been created , for US  ! 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Tazara Bailey said:

Mmmmm, 6 premium accounts; i believe it is me that LL needs to tks not the other way around!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foneco Zuzu said:

Mmmmm, 6 premium accounts; i believe it is me that LL needs to tks not the other way around!

Mmmmm, that's your choice, not their's.  One should be enough, I have more than one, but that is my choice! I don't complain about it, they didn't ask you to have 6 accounts how many houses can you live in at once?  Just saying!

• Like 2

This does not motivate me to get another account for stilt homes, I was on the fence before, but now, I really am not liking what this looks like, I want nice ocean views, and I do not want to reduce more draw distance to pretend I have one. LL needs to rethink this, It not only ruins the stilt homes but the log cabin views.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tazara Bailey said:

Mmmmm, that's your choice, not their's.  One should be enough, I have more than one, but that is my choice! I don't complain about it, they didn't ask you to have 6 accounts how many houses can you live in at once?  Just saying!

And no i dont want seriously for LL to tks me for spending my RL money since 2010 inworld.

It is my choice, but i do not like that the main rules of a fair commerce should be broken.

Is up to the seller to appease the customers, not the other way around.

Having said that i do really appreciate all the effort the Moles and  Lindens had put in Second Life to make it better and better over time.

• Like 2

Has any body actually seen what the stilt home area looks like yet? Perhaps judgement should be reserved until then.   As with all the themes, there are some areas that suit one person and some that suit another, and if they don't suit the Game of Homers jump around until they find the perfect spot for them.  There is only one area with the houseboats, and houseboats feature all over Bellisseria, there are plenty of others that can be grabbed, and let go, and grabbed again.  I am sure each and everyone of you will eventually find your perfect home, as you have with the other themes.

• Like 4

Actually it is their business, this is a successful business model because their clients are buying multiple accounts. Key word here client, we are the client, and they need to listen to the client, if they want us to not only add additional accounts, but keep them. It is rather silly to say one is enough, enough for who, you? LL does better the more demand, the more accounts you have and want to maintain. It is their business to make these desirable,. or the will just end up with swaths of abandoned, and vacant houses.

Edited by Love Evermore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tazara Bailey said:

Has any body actually seen what the stilt home area looks like yet? Perhaps judgement should be reserved until then.   As with all the themes, there are some areas that suit one person and some that suit another, and if they don't suit the Game of Homers jump around until they find the perfect spot for them.  There is only one area with the houseboats, and houseboats feature all over Bellisseria, there are plenty of others that can be grabbed, and let go, and grabbed again.  I am sure each and everyone of you will eventually find your perfect home, as you have with the other themes.

and I like the idea of the houseboats being there, it is good to have a mix, so which client will they please?

• Like 4