SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
4 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

I am finding this fascinating, as I've done software QA.  It's amazing that in the case of Second Life, you're not just figuratively looking in every nook and cranny, but literally as well, walking around inside the software with an avatar. 

If that boggles your mind, consider the meta-QA world in which testers are wandering around inside SL looking at the scripts that Quartz Mole and I write .... virtual testers inside the virtual world examining code inside virtual objects.  It's turtles all the way down, they say.  

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dyna Mole said:

If that boggles your mind, consider the meta-QA world in which testers are wandering around inside SL looking at the scripts that Quartz Mole and I write .... virtual testers inside the virtual world examining code inside virtual objects.  It's turtles all the way down, they say.  

Ah yes, the good old days of programming in LOGO. :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

It starts to get very surreal, like in The Sims where, in real life, you are playing on a computer...watching a toon playing on the computer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The red edging is up in the air, though I don't remember how high --- 50-100m maybe

Might be due to caching by my viewer - 6 of the 9 in the SW corner of the lower stilts are now showing red borders on my in-world map, whereas they weren't earlier. The one Frigga showed is still orange for me.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:45 PM, Nando Yip said:

Historical stilt world map.
if you enlarge the image you can read the name of all regions.

mapapa.thumb.jpg.f5fcba148cbe5b097697228c9c4edb6c.jpg

THat's a GREAT map just the one I hoped for but unfortunately you can NOT read the names of the regions when you magnify - the whole thing is resized (by LL when you inserted it here?) and too small - where could I get a bigger vertsion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The red borders seem appear/disappear depending on zoom level onto the map. I like to use  the Shergood Aviation ATC Radar map - on here if you zoom at a certain distance you can see all the current red borders (14 in total at time of writing - a group of 9 shown in the pic below, 3 and 2 on the other sections). Of course there may be more that just aren't showing up on the map.

red_borders.JPG.0f05f17f190071d8455b4094b2559f81.JPG

What's nice at the moment is when you zoom in, and the red border is still visible, on those regions you can see all the houses now (previously some looked just like outlines) and a bit more detail like little pools of water dotted around:

homes.JPG.87c0f4be0624e5f48d2674eba35f4d7c.JPG

I think (I'm not positive) on average there may be one or two more homes per regions than other themes. In the pic above you can see 25 on the left, 23 on the right ( I think other themes probably have an average of 20-23 maybe?) .

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Este é um GRANDE mapa, exatamente o que eu esperava, mas infelizmente você NÃO pode ler os nomes das regiões quando você aumenta - a coisa toda é redimensionada (por LL quando você inseriu aqui?) E muito pequena - onde eu poderia conseguir um maior versão?

If you are using a notebook try to click on the image it will open, and then click again in theory should load the maximum size.  Where it is possible to read the names of the regions.  or try to download.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

The red borders seem appear/disappear depending on zoom level onto the map. I like to use  the Shergood Aviation ATC Radar map - on here if you zoom at a certain distance you can see all the current red borders (14 in total at time of writing - a group of 9 shown in the pic below, 3 and 2 on the other sections). Of course there may be more that just aren't showing up on the map.

What's nice at the moment is when you zoom in, and the red border is still visible, on those regions you can see all the houses now (previously some looked just like outlines) and a bit more detail like little pools of water dotted around:

homes.JPG.87c0f4be0624e5f48d2674eba35f4d7c.JPG

I think (I'm not positive) on average there may be one or two more homes per regions than other themes. In the pic above you can see 25 on the left, 23 on the right ( I think other themes probably have an average of 20-23 maybe?) .

When I checked last night, I was on my laptop using Firestorm and zoomed in as far as possible - I was surprised (and dismayed) at seeing only 1 red region as I'd seen 3-5 of them yesterday afternoon. Will take a look now on my desktop to see if I see what you folks have seen more recently! EDIT: I'm seeing 11 regions with red borders now, which correspond to regions where I'd seen green dots in the last couple of days. But note that none of the HB (or water-only) regions show any border at all, and I have seen a green dot in a couple of them, so they may be included in the 'progress count' of 15 (?) mentioned by Patch in that Belli Citizens chat.

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

• Moles
4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

The mean average for the new Stilt Homes is fractionally over 25 to a region.     I don't have the exact figures to hand for the other themes, but I think you're correct -- other recent themes generally come in at 22--24 on most regions (though far fewer on some of them).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Only 7 of those appear with red borders for me. :( Using Firestorm. Oh well, we're still in the ballpark, with evidence that it'll be maybe another week or so before the stilts are released. (Before the Vics were released, there were a couple of days with 30+ green dots swarming over the new continent. I haven't seen more than 5 in Stiltland at one time.) EDIT: Using the official SL viewer, I see 9 red-bordered regions, as Evangeline reported. 

red.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
more info
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Oh well, we're still in the ballpark, with evidence that it'll be maybe another week or so before the stilts are released. (Before the Vics were released, there were a couple of days with 30+ green dots swarming over the new continent. I haven't seen more than 5 in Stiltland at one time.)

Thank you to Frigga and others for a historical perspective!  I was not paying much attention when earlier themes were released in Bellisseria so the history helps.  :D

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Thank you to Frigga and others for a historical perspective!  I was not paying much attention when earlier themes were released in Bellisseria so the history helps.  :D

I don't recall a 'swarm' of green dots in the lead-up to Logland's release - perhaps because of the greater number of cloned regions? Patch didn't mention if only representative regions need to be checked, but that may be another advantage of cloning.

• Like 1

Log Homes

The log homes regions arrived on 21st March 2020. Soon after that the Moles added red squares in certain regions. 

Patch Linden announced the release of log homes on 1st April 2020. That was a huge release of 4, 828 log homes. The SSPE regions opened the day after following the announcement. The ones connecting the victorian homes to the new log homes. 

The pink batch of regions were added in mid April 2020. 

Stilt Homes

On 24th June 2020 the LH Demo region at SL17B officially opened previewing the new Stilt Linden homes (theme 6). This was after Patch Linden live session had finished at SL17B. Check out my snapshots here

On 7th November 2020 the Stilt Linden home regions arrive on the grid. Could be released within the next few weeks. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Only 7 of those appear with red borders for me. :( Using Firestorm. Oh well, we're still in the ballpark, with evidence that it'll be maybe another week or so before the stilts are released. (Before the Vics were released, there were a couple of days with 30+ green dots swarming over the new continent. I haven't seen more than 5 in Stiltland at one time.) EDIT: Using the official SL viewer, I see 9 red-bordered regions, as Evangeline reported. 

red.jpg

I took this photo when the log homes opened in early April 2020. 

new-area-opens.thumb.png.389fae56d924575cafaddec4a9279f38.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Claire Atheria said:

No release today either (from Belli Citizens chat):

[09:56] Patch Linden: Nope, see, it doesn't work - sorry no stilt homes today™
[10:26] Patch Linden: So really, here's the deal.
[10:26] Patch Linden: They have shown up on the map, just like any other release we've done.
[10:27] Patch Linden: It takes time to QA walk every one of those regions, in-person to find and correct any last minute things that need to be tidied up.
[10:27] Patch Linden: How many days have they been there?
[10:27] Patch Linden: We're on regions #15
[10:28] Patch Linden: 1 -5, fifteen
[10:28] Patch Linden: Of how many regions?
[10:28] Patch Linden: So yah, it's gonna be a bit longer, we have to get through this process of checking them all out.
[10:29] Patch Linden: And we're not totally in the clear with uplift still
[10:30] Patch Linden: We'll get them out there, I know this is fun.... but that button is still hair too far out of reach ;)
[10:30] Patch Linden: In the mean time, don't forget the demo region is still open, and I'll leave it open a bit longer

They seem determined first to finish and doublecheck them ALL and then release them ALL in one big bunch. What is the advantage of THAT?

Why not release say one or two of them every day? That would keep us happy. Instead of keeping us waitin endless days without even being able to cam in.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

They seem determined first to finish and doublecheck them ALL and then release them ALL in one big bunch. What is the advantage of THAT?

They need us not to be in or probably even looking at a region when they're QAing it, if performance measurements are part of their QA, as I would think they are. 

If they release one region, then they would need to manually set all the stilt regions around it to be inaccessible, like the coastline region next to Faraday now is, to keep us from spilling all over the whole subcontinent.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2